• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
what's the total weight of your boat and trailer?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
what's the total weight of your boat and trailer?
I'm totally maxed out with this vehicle. I baby it. No issues pulling it; it does just fine. And the trailer has brakes.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome truck!

BTW - Airbags rock.
I just added those to my tow truck, it is like adding a whole new level of control.
I don't have any onboard compressor as those will only be used when towing, just two Schrader valves mounted at the bottom of rear bumper.
View attachment 89847View attachment 89848

--
I have the same air bags on my 2013 Tahoe with the lines routed under the rear bumper as well. The airbags are a game change when loaded down for camping or hunting trips while towing a trailer.

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got to take my new to me 2015 AR240 out for the first time. Looks huge behind the Tahoe.

Edit: WTH happened to the picture?

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had 66 Raptors show up to the 2 day Raptor Takeover event at Durhamtown off road park. No one got hurt and I hear everyone was able to drive home. Not saying no parts were broke... Most were from the East coast and up North.
I think this guy won the biggest jump award.

View attachment 88959

Remind me to never buy a used Raptor lol! Glad to see you guys using them as intended unlike most of the mall crawler Raptors running around here.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hmm. I just figured everybody used a Duramax Dually!

Nothing like having enough tool for the job.😎

A94E8D86-FC46-4595-9E3D-0E267591A33C.jpeg

Onefast96svt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Use to have a camper to tow but father in law traded it for a 5th wheel. Now just got the mustang and boat

03 Excursion EB 4X4 6.0L Mineral Gray Metallic,20" machined/black Rockstars 35x12.50, 5" lift,Powerstop slotted and drilled rotors,Carys bilstein shocks,O-ringed heads,studs,Super panty dropper tune,Hercules PHP film tune,CCV MOD,Mishimoto coolant tank,BPD air to oil cooler,7.3 fan clutch,Aluminum Rad,BPD water pump,Airdog fuel pump,Red Head Steering Box,EGR delete,6.4 banjo,blue spring,XDP Coolant filter,4" MBPR straight pipe,320amp Alt,Amsoil oil bypass,Afe intake,Go Industries Bull Bar,6000k HIDs,Egt&fuel psi gauge,ScanGaugeII
96 Cobra, way too much to list!

Attachments

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your “sanity” is very nice. Man, I bet that triple axle trailer didn’t like to turn without a fight. Maybe that’s why the tongue was so long? You needed a really long lever!

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Your “sanity” is very nice. Man, I bet that triple axle trailer didn’t like to turn without a fight. Maybe that’s why the tongue was so long? You needed a really long lever!
Thanks, and yes, I need a lot of real estate to turn.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This was my dads "trailer boat" when I was younger. Its been every where from Canada to Key West.
184.JPG

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This was my dads "trailer boat" when I was younger. Its been every where from Canada to Key West.
Damn! What does he pull that with?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD with the V6. Towing capacity 6000lb. I just loaded it up to see if my drop hitch was right and how bad it sagged with a full load. Maybe will add air bags before I go for a long trip.

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD with the V6. Towing capacity 6000lb. I just loaded it up to see if my drop hitch was right and how bad it sagged with a full load. Maybe will add air bags before I go for a long trip.
Please don't take my comments here the wrong way! We all learn from each other, at the end of the day I think it is better to hear something critical from a jetboater brother than a... state trooper (or worse).
In that spirit, I see two potential issues here, both related to tongue weight.

One is kind of obvious, your tongue weight rating is likely exceeded with a ski and trailer tongue weight added, regardless of the GVWR and tow ratings, tongue weight rating for the hitch also subject to "WDH" rules for tow ratings (discussed here from time to time, usually a heated discussion as it is tricky stuff...). The bottom line: you can not win I would not tow the ski w/the boat (boat only).

Second issue has to do with the trailer hitch itself. What I've learned is that once you use any kind of trailer hitch extender your tow ratings are, basically, null and void. And that is actually for a good reason as those extenders are levers. The longer the lever (from the hitch ball to the fulcrum - rear axle in this case) - the more down force aplied on the rear axle.

Generally speaking, you want the receiver to be as short as possible to increase the tow rating - you want the ball of the hitch as close to the rear axle as possible. In case of boat trailers that can be an issue with launching/retrieving over shallow ramps, but that is a different discussion all together.

Hope this helps, again - just my 0.02, I'm only a boater not an expert! (do not shoot the messenger - :))

--