• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now that we're maybe back on track:20190323_172831.jpg20190323_172915.jpg
I picked this up a a month or so ago. 2014 Citadel with the V6 and factory tow package rated for 6200lbs. Low mileage and all the options. Got a great price from Ciocca Subaru in Allentown, PA. I'll post a few with the boat attached when I bring her to the marina next week.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would love to switch to a pickup, but the Explorer will make do so we can get out on the water.
I felt the same and was looking at Ram pickups, but the amount of towing I do didn't justify it. I'd probably never use the pickup bed.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I felt the same and was looking at Ram pickups, but the amount of towing I do didn't justify it. I'd probably never use the pickup bed.
I kinda felt the same way. I was on the fence about a pickup or an SUV when I bought. I had test drove a number of Durango R/T's, and only a few pickups. Would I ever really use the bed? What about that 3rd row? Which is the better option there?!?!

I landed on the pickup, and have used the bed far more than I anticipated......With that said, only about 2 or 3 loads would have really made a mess in the SUV cargo area, with seats folded. And only 1 has been a "tall" load that required the open bed. So far I've only needed/wanted the 3rd row a few times in 18mo.

It is true though, once you have a pickup, everyone wants a hand moving/hauling/doing something. I had heard of this, but wasn't prepared for the number of requests for assistance. It's easily 2-3 a month.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I kinda felt the same way. I was on the fence about a pickup or an SUV when I bought. I had test drove a number of Durango R/T's, and only a few pickups. Would I ever really use the bed? What about that 3rd row? Which is the better option there?!?!

I landed on the pickup, and have used the bed far more than I anticipated......With that said, only about 2 or 3 loads would have really made a mess in the SUV cargo area, with seats folded. And only 1 has been a "tall" load that required the open bed. So far I've only needed/wanted the 3rd row a few times in 18mo.

It is true though, once you have a pickup, everyone wants a hand moving/hauling/doing something. I had heard of this, but wasn't prepared for the number of requests for assistance. It's easily 2-3 a month.
LOL happened to me when I got a truck. Sold my truck and hadn't heard from this one person ever again. Only time he called was when he needed something hauled. I'll eventually get back into a truck, as I'd like something that could haul/tow more. My Jeep will do just fine for the distance I tow my boat.

Rascalrider

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How far/fast do you tow with the cover off? Any issues with the cushions staying in place?
Came home from the dealer like that, about 65 miles doing 65’ish no issues with cushions. I have since acquired the cover but haven’t gone far.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How big of/common is it to have issues with towing without a cover and losing seats? Which seats are likely to fly out? I'm a big proponent of not towing with a cover due to it acting like sandpaper on the gel coat. However, I'd also like to not lose my seats. LOL! Are there some seats more likely to lift off more than others? Mine seem to be in there pretty good and some I have to yank out pretty hard. I'd be hard pressed to see those things come out.

Onefast96svt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How big of/common is it to have issues with towing without a cover and losing seats? Which seats are likely to fly out? I'm a big proponent of not towing with a cover due to it acting like sandpaper on the gel coat. However, I'd also like to not lose my seats. LOL! Are there some seats more likely to lift off more than others? Mine seem to be in there pretty good and some I have to yank out pretty hard. I'd be hard pressed to see those things come out.
I had a 2007 Bayliner BR245. No issues for a year or more, then out of no where lost a seat and a big one at that. Actually the biggest in the boat except for the cooler seat which was hinged. After that I had a new one made from scratch and at a price of almost $300 I got stainless hinges for that one since it was opened regularly and added metal cable ties covered in plastic to the rest.

My AR240 has hinges and brackets on all except for small bow cushions and center engine cushion which will never be used. The front will be tied down soon enough.

Last edited:

Onefast96svt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I kinda felt the same way. I was on the fence about a pickup or an SUV when I bought. I had test drove a number of Durango R/T's, and only a few pickups. Would I ever really use the bed? What about that 3rd row?
I had an 04 F150 with an 8” lift and 35s. Loved having a truck but then once I got my excursion I never realized how much crap I could pile in it when camping, boating etc. Me, wife, clothes, bedding,food, cooler on the front, and dogs in the back. Plus can tow anything and a 44 gallon tank. I’ll do anything to keep this 9klb sled rolling.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I had a 2007 Bayliner BR245. No issues for a year or more, then out of no where lost a seat and a big one at that. Actually the biggest in the boat except for the cooler seat which was hinged. After Jaya new one made from scratch and at a price of almost $300 I got stainless hinges for that one since it was opened regularly and added metal cable ties covered in plastic to the rest.

My AR240 has hinges and brackets on all except for small bow cushions and center engine cushion which will never be used. The front will be tied down soon enough.
ugh! My interior is pretty dang big to have to stick inside, but sure don't wanna lose any cushions either.

Onefast96svt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ugh! My interior is pretty dang big to have to stick inside, but sure don't wanna lose any cushions either.
you could do hinges like the factory ones on my boat or do some stainless eye hooks with rubberized cable

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2017 F150 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you could do hinges like the factory ones on my boat or do some stainless eye hooks with rubberized cable
I was thinking about this the other day.

Was contemplating some stainless lanyards attached to the interior of the storage area. Then recieving brackets on the bottom of the seats. Before you take off towing, click the lanyard to the seat with a carabiner. Total cost would be low, and you get the security of keeping the cushions in the boat.

I'm an oddball, but I hate the Yamaha hinged seats. It makes the openings so tiny. I much prefer my removable seats........until I think about towing with the cover off.

Still have to address the snap in carpet staying in place too.......Seadeck is the $1k answer to that......maybe next year?

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Would love to switch to a pickup, but the Explorer will make do so we can get out on the water.
We've got an Explorer sport and love it, use it to pull the 242 every now and again, certainly wouldn't use it to tow it all the time! On another note, you may want to consider a 2" drop hitch to level out that trailer, it might just be the angle of the pic too, but it looks pretty high coming up to the receiver.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was thinking about this the other day.

Was contemplating some stainless lanyards attached to the interior of the storage area. Then recieving brackets on the bottom of the seats. Before you take off towing, click the lanyard to the seat with a carabiner. Total cost would be low, and you get the security of keeping the cushions in the boat.

I'm an oddball, but I hate the Yamaha hinged seats. It makes the openings so tiny. I much prefer my removable seats........until I think about towing with the cover off.

Still have to address the snap in carpet staying in place too.......Seadeck is the $1k answer to that......maybe next year?
I like being able to take my interior out while the boat is not at my house, which is all the time unless we're taking it out or I'm working on it.

Onefast96svt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need SeaDek ASAP! My boat has the vinyl like carpet that was cooking my feet at 65 degrees outside. Then stepped on the SeaDek to cool my feet off.