• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

Anchorsaweigh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
Yeah that's what I've been telling my wife!
My wife has already given me my marching orders. She wants a 40' - 42' catamaran. We already have a buyer for our Catalina 36.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife has already given me my marching orders. She wants a 40' - 42' catamaran. We already have a buyer for our Catalina 36.
Now you are talking. My wife wants a catamaran too, she does not like heeling over.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm always on the fence if I should have gotten a Suburban/Yukon XL instead of my Sierra. Nice looking ride!
Yeah after one weekend with it, I’m sold.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah after one weekend with it, I’m sold.
I had a 2003 Yukon for quite awhile. Didn't have the 3rd row, but was otherwise loaded. That thing was a tank, and would essentially go wherever I asked, and did whatever I asked. I was |..| that close to getting a Durango and switched last minute to the Sierra. At the time Ykon XL's were out of my price range in the years I wanted.

Maybe I can hold out until the Rivian R1S is available (and I have the budget for it).

Here's a post I made about my old one recently. https://jetboaters.net/threads/another-towing-question-212ss-and-2003-yukon-2wd.30153/#post-490194

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a new Jeep Gladiator. I’ll share it with my teenagers, and get away from using the Dually as a daily driver.
It is rated to tow #6,000 pounds. There is a Max Tow Package rated for #7,650. Of course I had to test that out! My 242X weighs about #5,500 on the trailer. It did “fine” on secondary roads at 55 MPH. I didn’t have any trouble getting up to speed on the highway, but felt unsettled with high speed traffic. It has been 25 years since I have used anything less than a 2500 or larger truck for towing. As such, I haven’t been pushed around by a trailer in a very long time.
My summary is we absolutely love the new Jeep Truck. I would have no reservations about using it to tow locally, just not the hour of highway driving I have to do. So, it will be used to tow the Jet ski, and look cool in the process!

Attachments

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just bought a new Jeep Gladiator. I’ll share it with my teenagers, and get away from using the Dually as a daily driver.
It is rated to tow #6,000 pounds. There is a Max Tow Package rated for #7,650. Of course I had to test that out! My 242X weighs about #5,500 on the trailer. It did “fine” on secondary roads at 55 MPH. I didn’t have any trouble getting up to speed on the highway, but felt unsettled with high speed traffic. It has been 25 years since I have used anything less than a 2500 or larger truck for towing. As such, I haven’t been pushed around by a trailer in a very long time.
My summary is we absolutely love the new Jeep Truck. I would have no reservations about using it to tow locally, just not the hour of highway driving I have to do. So, it will be used to tow the Jest ski, and look cool in the process!
Congratulations on your new truck. I test drove the Overland and it was nice. I just bought the Tacoma with 6400lb capacity so it's relieving to hear that a midsize can manage a 24ft

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My summary is we absolutely love the new Jeep Truck. I would have no reservations about using it to tow locally, just not the hour of highway driving I have to do. So, it will be used to tow the Jet ski, and look cool in the process!
The one time I weighed my ‘18 242x on stock galvanized trailer, (full fuel and normal water toys) I was ~6300lbs. That might account for why your tow felt as it did...

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like the rear end is squatting a little extra with the boat. That can contribute to that feeling. My vehicle is rated for 8,500 lbs but it did that too. I put some $100 air bags on it and it was a big improvement.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like the rear end is squatting a little extra with the boat. That can contribute to that feeling. My vehicle is rated for 8,500 lbs but it did that too. I put some $100 air bags on it and it was a big improvement.
You’re right. I measured the drop at the hitch. It squatted down 4.5 inches.
I have not put the boat on the scale. I estimated the trailer weight at #1,200 pounds.
I’m rigged for storage now, but It may weigh more than I think...

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Didn't wanna wait and get the 2021?
I did but my old 07 FX2 died a few days before my move from VA to TN and I have no choice but to get the 2020. I do love it my new truck.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I did but my old 07 FX2 died a few days before my move from VA to TN and I have no choice but to get the 2020. I do love it my new truck.
a 13 year old truck died and you bought the same brand?