• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2020 Jetboat Pilot SEADEK Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Seadek from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - the discount has now reached the maximum 30% already!

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Seadeck is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until Wednesday September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Show us your tow rigs!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Towards the tail end of the summer I upgraded from a 2013 Chevy Tahoe to a 2019 Ford F350 with the 6.7l. It's great to be back in a diesel after a 7 year hiatus. The Tahoe has been a great family rig but the MasterCraft fully loaded w/ trailer weighs in at 7,000 lbs and has started to take it's toll on the Tahoe's transmission.
2019 Ford F350.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Quick question...how do you have your hitch ball (rise or fall)? Your trailer is far more level than mine. Luckily I got an adjustable and think I just need to convert it into a rise?View attachment 136267
I bought a straight hitch receiver and that worked best for me. No rise or fall. Don't have a good pic of me with my boat as my driveway is slightly angled so it looks off every pic I take. This is a good bit heavier than my boat and it's still perfectly level.
20200926_145323.jpg

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
More money than brains. Jk jk.
Disclosure - we don't go far, play it safe, air suspension keeps her level, I've got huge brakes on the rig, 4 disc brakes on the trailer and take back roads at 50 mph. We keep plenty of distance but the Audi stops better than the 2020 Yukon Denali with tow package

Attachments

n_ikkon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick question...how do you have your hitch ball (rise or fall)? Your trailer is far more level than mine. Luckily I got an adjustable and think I just need to convert it into a rise?View attachment 136267
Hi... I have mine raised. So I reversed the typical setup so the trailer sat a little higher thus making it level.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In July we moved back to the states from Italy, carless (except for a Kia Sorento being shipped from Italy) I have always wanted a 3/4 ton diesel. The 2 years we were in Italy I occasionally researched and looked at trucks so when it came time to move back I knew exactly what I wanted. My wife fluctuated with what she wanted when we moved back but deep down I knew she would get a new Tahoe.
I found exactly what I wanted fairly quick, 2016 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax. Wife definitely decided on a Tahoe/Yukon but was going back and forth on which one. In July/August there were very few 2021’s that could found with what she wanted (highest trim level, and not white). The local dealer finally found one in Colorado at a dealer so they traded vehicles and got her a ‘21 Tahoe Premier in the color she wanted.
I wound up having an accident 3 weeks ago and totaled my truck🤬 so I was shopping again and finally found exactly what I wanted again, had to drive a few hours to TX to buy it but it just so happen to be at a dealer about 1/2 mile from my brother’s house so it worked out well.
I was amazed at the towing difference when pulling the boat and my camper with the 2500 compared to my 2009 Silverado 1500!

My 2016 and her Tahoe
7D6935BD-C921-4053-BABF-F3DC6A9A8376.jpeg

2416306F-C74F-4074-9626-EB7BA4A38333.jpeg

238B839F-6DD7-4346-B86B-8E3CBF5AF20B.jpeg
My 2017
1C422AFB-FFE6-4313-AF05-76D32ABC1D4D.jpeg

SCP1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Why? Have you had problems? We have a '19 Expedition and the only motor available is the 3.5 Eco. We usually keep our vehicles a long time and we intend on keeping this one the same way. I've heard and read that you really need to DRIVE these engines and work them to keep them running good. What I'm saying is don't just putter around town in them. Am I wrong?
The first Generation was not great, however in 2017 they revamped the 3.5 ECOBOOST, the revamped ones have had very few problems even talking to Ford service guys. The 2.7 ECOBOOST got similar upgrades in 2018, so as long as you have a newer one I would have very few reservations of ownership.

Karma_Train

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New '21 Tahoe LT with signature package, upgrading from a '14 Explorer. I had to borrow the brother in law's truck to tow the '20 AR 240 up to the cabin last season so this is a big step in the right direction.

IMG_2321.jpg

Related: Does anyone have a late model Tahoe and know what hitch drop is needed for the 24' series Shorelandr trailers?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New '21 Tahoe LT with signature package, upgrading from a '14 Explorer. I had to borrow the brother in law's truck to tow the '20 AR 240 up to the cabin last season so this is a big step in the right direction.

View attachment 137501

Related: Does anyone have a late model Tahoe and know what hitch drop is needed for the 24' series Shorelandr trailers?
We have a ‘21 Tahoe, I haven’t taken the cover off the hitch or pulled the boat with it. I got a 5” drop/rise B/W hitch to use with my truck and Tahoe it has plenty of adjustability for either one.

robby76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
F150 w3.5 ECO boost.jpg

2020 F150 XLT 4X4 w/3.5 V6 Eco Boost. Twin Turbos really put out the horse power. was going to settle on a 5.0 V8 until I test drove a 3.5 V6 Eco, changed my mind.
It has a two inch drop which i think might be to low but it rides level.