• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did but my old 07 FX2 died a few days before my move from VA to TN and I have no choice but to get the 2020. I do love it my new truck.
Ahhhh, that makes perfect sense. Not a Ford guy, but love this F150. I plan to get another one in a few years to replace this one. Don't plan to own an ecoboost outside of warranty.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ahhhh, that makes perfect sense. Not a Ford guy, but love this F150. I plan to get another one in a few years to replace this one. Don't plan to own an ecoboost outside of warranty.
Why? Have you had problems? We have a '19 Expedition and the only motor available is the 3.5 Eco. We usually keep our vehicles a long time and we intend on keeping this one the same way. I've heard and read that you really need to DRIVE these engines and work them to keep them running good. What I'm saying is don't just putter around town in them. Am I wrong?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Why? Have you had problems? We have a '19 Expedition and the only motor available is the 3.5 Eco. We usually keep our vehicles a long time and we intend on keeping this one the same way. I've heard and read that you really need to DRIVE these engines and work them to keep them running good. What I'm saying is don't just putter around town in them. Am I wrong?
I haven't had any issues, but these motors aren't exactly the most reliable. Figure I can get the most resale if I sell it still with some powertrain warranty left.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You don’t see many of those 8 lug Suburbans any more!

I had a 2003 model, with the 8.1 liter gas motor. I got a few strange looks from the Soccer Moms when I was towing an excavator on a Tandem Dual Pintle trailer...
E9E11D66-51AE-43FA-8421-46E8633BB064.jpeg

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You don’t see many of those 8 lug Suburbans any more!

I had a 2003 model, with the 8.1 liter gas motor. I got a few strange looks from the Soccer Moms when I was towing an excavator on a Tandem Dual Pintle trailer...
View attachment 136132
Did yours haven't the quadrasteer? Talk about an idea ahead of it's time!

Also wish they would've put the duramax in those!

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No. But it had a factory adjustable air ride. The thing was a sweet family truckster and tow rig.

I bought it used for a song, the first time gas hit $4/gallon! It only got about 11.5 MPG.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No. But it had a factory adjustable air ride. The thing was a sweet family truckster and tow rig.

I bought it used for a song, the first time gas hit $4/gallon! It only got about 11.5 MPG.
Very nice.

Had a buddy with a 2500 Avalanche. Same chassis and engine/trans combo. Thing was a beast of a tow vehicle, but mileage was terrible.

tomoc sx190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know we all love our boats, but many of us also love our tow vehicles. Show us what you have and what mods if any you have done.

My main tow vehicle is a 2007.5 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4. Mods are in my signature.

Updated images:

Old image with stock wheels and height minus exterior accessories.

And my 1975 Chevy K5 Blazer gets to play on occasion

Edit: Thanks mods for the creation of the tow rig and trailers section!
Here's a pic of my 2018 ram 2500 mega cab 4x4 with custom wheels and a hard tonneau cover and light bar in bumper

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've been a 2 truck family for long while. I have a '18 GMC Denali 3500HD that does most of the hauling and my wife has a '12 Tundra SR5 Crewmax that is her daily driver and fills in when we need it. However, we've recently purchased a 5th wheel RV and on camping trips to the lake her truck will be towing more.

We're planning on upgrading/updating the Tundra to something else. The Tundra is a great truck, but not the best or most economical ½ ton truck for towing our AR240. This is my wife's truck and so she will be making the final decision ultimately. She loves my Denali and at first was thinking ¾ ton diesel. I just didn't quite see the need for 2 HD diesels in the driveway when the boat fails well within a the capabilities of many ½ tons. At this point she's basically narrowed it down to a 2020+ Ram Eco Diesel or a new GMC AT4 with the 3.0L Duramax (my preference). Sorry Ford guys, she's just not that into you. Despite some very capable gas options, I think she's made up her mind it'll be one of these 2 diesels.

Ram seems to dominate with interior luxury and the Eco Diesel is 80% new as of 2019.
Screenshot_20201029-141342_Chrome.jpg

The AT4 optioned the way she'd like isn't exactly lacking either and is equally matched in capabilities. All except for the 24gal fuel tank vs the Ram's 33gal.
Screenshot_20201029-141013_Chrome.jpg

She won't here my opinions anymore... talk us into our out of one or the other please!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We've been a 2 truck family for long while. I have a '18 GMC Denali 3500HD that does most of the hauling and my wife has a '12 Tundra SR5 Crewmax that is her daily driver and fills in when we need it. However, we've recently purchased a 5th wheel RV and on camping trips to the lake her truck will be towing more.

We're planning on upgrading/updating the Tundra to something else. The Tundra is a great truck, but not the best or most economical ½ ton truck for towing our AR240. This is my wife's truck and so she will be making the final decision ultimately. She loves my Denali and at first was thinking ¾ ton diesel. I just didn't quite see the need for 2 HD diesels in the driveway when the boat fails well within a the capabilities of many ½ tons. At this point she's basically narrowed it down to a 2020+ Ram Eco Diesel or a new GMC AT4 with the 3.0L Duramax (my preference). Sorry Ford guys, she's just not that into you. Despite some very capable gas options, I think she's made up her mind it'll be one of these 2 diesels.

Ram seems to dominate with interior luxury and the Eco Diesel is 80% new as of 2019.
View attachment 136246

The AT4 optioned the way she'd like isn't exactly lacking either and is equally matched in capabilities. All except for the 24gal fuel tank vs the Ram's 33gal.
View attachment 136247

She won't here my opinions anymore... talk us into our out of one or the other please!
2021 F150's are pretty legit. If it was me I'd be leaning away from the ecodiesel, and I love the new Ram's. The previous gen ecodiesel was horrendous. I'm not a fan of GM/Chevy trucks. The 6.2 is ok, but that 5.3 is antiquated and under-powered.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2021 F150's are pretty legit. If it was me I'd be leaning away from the ecodiesel, and I love the new Ram's. The previous gen ecodiesel was horrendous. I'm not a fan of GM/Chevy trucks. The 6.2 is ok, but that 5.3 is antiquated and under-powered.
6.2 is a great engine and is only okay on fuel consumption but runs premium. The 3.0 Duramax option is the same price and all things considered produces more torque while sipping fuel.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
6.2 is a great engine and is only okay on fuel consumption but runs premium. The 3.0 Duramax option is the same price and all things considered produces more torque while sipping fuel.
I have a Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and you are right....great engine but it sucks the gas down.