• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So does that mean I can ask for my Christmas gifts now that are coming from you ?

I normally ride a 4.4 phase five carbon fiber board that is geared for the pro rider. Ok I'm totally not anywhere close to that level but has been my favorite board up till now. I can say when I rode the Slingshot coaster 5.3 super easy and my back leg was getting cramped because I was trying to put on the breaks. Board was definitely fast. Then I rode a similar board the Slingshot cobra cat 5.0 and it was almost the same but not as long which I liked even more. . . . Now I am itching to try the corba cat carbon fiber 4.8. Think I am having mid-life board crisis like @J-RAD !
Now, that's what I would call a "Come to Jared moment", lol.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had a chance to surf on a new Supra during the shelbyville gathering with their doomswell board . . . . Holy crap that wake was amazing I quickly asked if I could be adopted ! Lol

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So does that mean I can ask for my Christmas gifts now that are coming from you ?

I normally ride a 4.4 phase five carbon fiber board that is geared for the pro rider. Ok I'm totally not anywhere close to that level but has been my favorite board up till now. I can say when I rode the Slingshot coaster 5.3 super easy and my back leg was getting cramped because I was trying to put on the breaks. Board was definitely fast. Then I rode a similar board the Slingshot cobra cat 5.0 and it was almost the same but not as long which I liked even more. . . . Now I am itching to try the corba cat carbon fiber 4.8. Think I am having mid-life board crisis like @J-RAD !
I think you forgot that Jerry still owes you a birthday present from last year... so you go ahead and get your Cobra Cat to make up from last year and you can still ask for that waffle maker for Christmas this year. 😉😂

Now is a the perfect time to buy, for Christmas or otherwise. I have very little concern that you will like the 4'8" board over the 5'0", I love it!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a chance to surf on a new Supra during the shelbyville gathering with their doomswell board . . . . Holy crap that wake was amazing I quickly asked if I could be adopted ! Lol
Traitor!!!

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
The goofy side wave always looks better, show us the regular!
:p:p:p
View attachment 102001

--
Ugh but I don't ride that side. So who cares lol. I'm jk all my homies ride reg. I'm let rally the only weird one. I wish I recorded my buddy riding from doomswell. He killed this wave. Said it was better than everything he's ridden other than one super dialed Max and centurions under 23ft. This wave was darn close tits high for a 5'11" dude. Again camera doesn't come close to doing this justice. A3458D88-2050-46F7-AC46-3DF9CAF02395.jpegCE3E5B69-7039-4F0C-99E9-B6B5A82BB2F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
what supra? What board?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Supra for Christmas I guess...

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
this will be my next boat when we trade in the makai.
Did you totally miss the memo you buy your last boat first ! . . . We are on our 3rd boat I can say we are totally fine for a very long time the man is done upgrading I hope !

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Did you totally miss the memo you buy your last boat first ! . . . We are on our 3rd boat I can say we are totally fine for a very long time the man is done upgrading I hope !
I do believe there is one surf boat that you could buy once and never have to upgrade. But my wife will never allow me to spend that much money on a boat. At least not at once lol.

RiverRatSx210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1500lbs of ballast. Transom bag, and a 750lbs bag on surf side seat plus wedge.

Going to add a 360lbs in bow and play with wedge this week.

Attachments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally put my money where my mouth was and just received the 5’0” slingshot coaster xr I ordered from @J-RAD DBA Transomwatersports yesterday. Just finished trying it out. Very easy to get up on. Very easy to cruise on. Not a bad quick thrasher but if you have a good sized wave and want to play on the lip be careful not to lose the pocket as it is not fast for recovery. Hands down the most versatile board I have riden as far as one size fits most. Had a 100lb 12 year old (complete newbie), 6’3” 159lb 16yo (novice) , 6’1” 167 lb 15yo (advanced), and a 5’11” 185lb 42yo (advanced) riders all got up and rode it ropeless first try.

In comparison to a HL landlocked (which I have) the coaster kicks it butt for smaller and medium wakes (I would assume all). In comparison to a doomswell neo for thrashing, lip riding, and the more aggressive stuff there is no surprise that the neo kicks butt at that, but the coaster allows for some hell and toe to ride up and down the wake vs. having to cut up and down with the neo. The Neo and Coaster have earned permanent spots on my boat to cover most anybody.

Quick review of @J-RAD and his transomwatersports biz. Full disclaimer, I paid the same as anyone else on this site and my review of the board and his biz is just me being helpful to others. He is responsive, helpful, and shipped same day. What more could you ask for? So glad we have great vendors here who will take of us so I felt obliged to return the favor. Hopefully this helps someone.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally put my money where my mouth was and just received the 5’0” slingshot coaster xr I ordered from @J-RAD DBA Transomwatersports yesterday. Just finished trying it out. Very easy to get up on. Very easy to cruise on. Not a bad quick thrasher but if you have a good sized wave and want to play on the lip be careful not to lose the pocket as it is not fast for recovery. Hands down the most versatile board I have riden as far as one size fits most. Had a 100lb 12 year old (complete newbie), 6’3” 159lb 16yo (novice) , 6’1” 167 lb 15yo (advanced), and a 5’11” 185lb 42yo (advanced) riders all got up and rode it ropeless first try.

In comparison to a HL landlocked (which I have) the coaster kicks it butt for smaller and medium wakes (I would assume all). In comparison to a doomswell neo for thrashing, lip riding, and the more aggressive stuff there is no surprise that the neo kicks butt at that, but the coaster allows for some hell and toe to ride up and down the wake vs. having to cut up and down with the neo. The Neo and Coaster have earned permanent spots on my boat to cover most anybody.

Quick review of @J-RAD and his transomwatersports biz. Full disclaimer, I paid the same as anyone else on this site and my review of the board and his biz is just me being helpful to others. He is responsive, helpful, and shipped same day. What more could you ask for? So glad we have great vendors here who will take of us so I felt obliged to return the favor. Hopefully this helps someone.
Thanks for the kind and honest review. I feel lives up to the hype. I'm glad it's worthy of that spot on your boat, that's awesome!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm going to surf it this Saturday. My dealer is doing a free lunch and swag day at the local lake and they're bringing a 2019 Supra SL and a 2019 MasterCraft for boat rides. Should be a fun day and can't wait to ride that SL wave!