• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Anyone seen this floating around Facebook? Apparently this guy has came up with a new surf product device, but he hasn’t showed what it is yet due the the patent process. I told him to test it on a Yamaha jet boat.

View attachment 104358View attachment 104359
Well they don't work on old MC or Nautique boats. He does seem to refund quickly tho.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Throwing a seriously amazing wave... Shout out to @B0at1n for his help and patience in the process of getting this wave perfect and to @Scottintexas for letting us borrow his ballast and pump. Would love to hear some comments and feedback!

Hope this works! Videos to Share
That's a nice tall face to the wave! 👌

Do you have any ballast in your ski locker or on the floor up front? Doing so may lengthen it out a bit, but it all depends on the type of wave you like riding. You might could pull done airs of that wave...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Throwing a seriously amazing wave... Shout out to @B0at1n for his help and patience in the process of getting this wave perfect and to @Scottintexas for letting us borrow his ballast and pump. Would love to hear some comments and feedback!

Hope this works! Videos to Share
Very nice! I like the double bag stash!

--

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a nice tall face to the wave! 👌

Do you have any ballast in your ski locker or on the floor up front? Doing so may lengthen it out a bit, but it all depends on the type of wave you like riding. You might could pull done airs of that wave...
1100lbs swim steps, 350lbs each side front bow seats and wakebooster.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally got to test my thrust vector wakes with ballast. I'm very pleased with the results. Top pic is with out the jet deflector button pic is with the deflector attached. I was all by myself so I couldn't surf it but hopefully I'll be able in the morning.

Testing video
Another angle
20190912_134651.jpg20190912_134321.jpg

Last edited:

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey there, can anyone tell me what the factory ballast weights are in a 2018 242XE at 100%? I need to know the exact weights of each location, not total. Thanks in advance!!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Choppy day not good for wakeboarding but wakesurfing works ok . After doing both the entire season I still enjoy wakeboarding more in flat conditions . The freedom to carve around on a wakeboard is more my style I'm also much more profecient on the wakeboard the carving sensation is very similar to snowboarding in powder, that season is just around the corner.
20190820_171734_1.gif

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Choppy day not good for wakeboarding but wakesurfing works ok . After doing both the entire season I still enjoy wakeboarding more in flat conditions . The freedom to carve around on a wakeboard is more my style I'm also much more profecient on the wakeboard the carving sensation is very similar to snowboarding in powder, that season is just around the corner.
View attachment 105018
Is there really pow on the ice coast?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hell yeah. Jay Peak gets more powder than almost anything but Snowbird/Alta.
You just have to know when to go. If you are a tourist on vacation, that often does not work.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah 355 inches is not bad at all. Guess I'm spoiled with baker getting over 600" every year and stevens over 460" a year. Both within 2 hours of my house. In Utah powder mtn is king over 500" a year and the largest single ski resort in the country. Even bigger than whistler. But has only 8 lifts and nobody ever goes. Best snow maybe in world maybe other than japow

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its very similar to calm days on the water get up early it lasts for a few hours then its gone . But those few hours WOW !!! the powder hounds flatten it out quickly Killington Vermont the beast of the east

My Crash pads when the powder is falling

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm using the thrust vector wake. It cleans up the wave very well.
Your pictures are with/out the center piece that attaches to the ladder, correct (on the floor in the first pic)?
That's a striking effect. Has anyone tried it without the TVW nozzle deflectors?

--

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
our latest wave. @B0at1n surfing in this photo . The angle is a bit awkward but he is pretty far off the boat and there is still a lot of push back there.
We are trying to create a wave that does better with small boards, the board here is a Doomswell El Jefe 5'6" - Great all around board for some slower turns and chillin'.

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just when I thought we couldn't do better, I surfed on a 4'8" board today and went for an aerial. It was a big wave. We used 2,000 lbs of ballast to create a wave big enough for a 210 pound beginner (me) to have a ton of fun. I easily could have gone ropeless but I held on to it for moments like this!!

Attachments