• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So yesterday I added about 30 gallons of fuel, and filled the transom bag fully. We put 3 adults in the boat, as the boat could hardly get up it plowed so hard. But the bow weight helped greatly.

Honestly, the wave was better with less weight, and we could control the boat better too. We are going to play this game until we figure out the weight. I also noted that we were in deeper water before. I was told in shallow water, the wave will act different, and I believe it. We were plowing in probably 7ft of water. That was probably an issue as the wave could not build properly. We will test again today
7ft is WAY too shallow. You need at least 20ft for a proper wave. Don't let that test weigh on your decision. It very well may be amazing in the right depth.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We centered the transom bag with the wake wedge and had the boat even ballast on port & starboard wave didn't seem like anything I would ride. Boat appeared to have trouble getting up to speed. Then we added weight to port side only and wave was large but still appeared to have no push with transom still centered. Wake wedge works to it's full potential when the boat is listed. We took gopro but have to wait till we return from vacation to upload them.
Instead of keeping it in the middle maybe you guys can design someway of quickly moving the bag from reg and goofy. I think maybe with the larger transom bag if it's directly over the Jets may create to much downforce to get up to proper speeds.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, I can hook up... three pumps to the transom bag!!!

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Instead of keeping it in the middle maybe you guys can design someway of quickly moving the bag from reg and goofy. I think maybe with the larger transom bag if it's directly over the Jets may create to much downforce to get up to proper speeds.
The quickest way from reg to goofy is by buying a moomba mojo!! Lol 😝

But in all seriousness, these yammies are what they are. I think it is amazing they can throw a wake that approaches surfing behind a dedicated wake boat, at least the twins can when properly set up.

So far it does require a serious list for best results, the only results acceptable if you are normal size adult not an ultra runner and want to surf ropeless, nothing else’s been shown to hold water.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ultra runners are aliens. I watched a Netflix doc of a chick that ran 200 fucking miles. I don't wanna go 200 miles on my harley.

How do you plug in 2 pumps? Or 3?

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out yesterday about 900 lbs human ballast and another 7-800 centered on the swim deck most the human ballast in the bow I went ropeless regular ten my buddy went ropeless first try up and ever surfing goofy, no ballast change. BB00ABC1-0FDB-4DC2-903D-B246CCCCE23F.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ultra runners are aliens. I watched a Netflix doc of a chick that ran 200 fucking miles. I don't wanna go 200 miles on my harley.

How do you plug in 2 pumps? Or 3?
I use the quick connect WM connectors and their hose, it's the bomb. Just need to plug two more! lol. The transom bag has 4 vents/drains.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
not a mojo a Makai. 😜

A 20ft boat just will not due sir...🤣
My bad!
No disrespect intended! lol, I need to brush up on those new brands and models.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Went out yesterday about 900 lbs human ballast and another 7-800 centered on the swim deck most the human ballast in the bow I went ropeless regular ten my buddy went ropeless first try up and ever surfing goofy, no ballast change. View attachment 98555
dudes jacked.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my apologies for the poor video quality,
two things before my nozzle broke today,

1. we started with custom bag on swim deck, 400lbs under starboard seat, 1100 lbs on cockpit floor, it was to much and the wave was short/steep, we drained the 400 and put one person up in the bow it really lengthened it out,

2. we rented a doomswell mongrel 4'8" board, it was much lighter than our fish, it was much more "squirely" getting your balance but once figured out it was easier to ride, $650. easier, my daughter and I don't think so,

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Went out yesterday about 900 lbs human ballast and another 7-800 centered on the swim deck most the human ballast in the bow I went ropeless regular ten my buddy went ropeless first try up and ever surfing goofy, no ballast change.
We found similar results. We put adults in the bow, as the transom bag was just too much and forced the boat to plow. At this point, we realize we need more humans to get the boat to list. I think the wave will clean up at that time too.

But first time ropeless for this fat kid as well! This is such a horrible addiction!! I am now putting together regular and goofy sessions, so that we can maximize time without moving ballast.