• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

someone had a bad day today

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes I had to brave the cold today to drag my old butt out on the water to check on these youngsters , I am becoming suspicious that they realized that waterfront real estate is free for the taking and the tourons are amusing.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Update, I was out there dealing with the freezing 78 degree weather today!
I was sure the boat would be gone, WRONG!! still anchored on the inside of the sand bar.
Apparently they lost an oar for their little boat , so it makes it difficult to go back to shore.
The big boat had air bags under it for months, those ended up becoming wrapped around the drive shafts but they do not have any way to dive under the boat and clear the drives.
I just happened to have some diving goggles in my van so I went back and picked them up so they can dive under the boat and see what they are doing.
I hope these work ok for them I also told them to send someone to come by and pick up an oar, I have several odd ones I found over the years probably one will be close enough for them to be able to row the boat against the current and wind to go back and forth to the boat and to shore. Yesterday the wind pushed the small boat toward the channel and that nearly ended in disaster.
First picture was taken from the Fort Desoto beach neat to the small boat shown in the second picture ,note only one oar .
They want to get the boat running under it's own power before they try to finish the journey but since the boat is no longer grounded I don't think they have any worries about it being towed away. It is floating just fine in 5 feet of water.

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I posted that previously I believe

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They look pissed that you took their photo lol

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think they deal with that day in and day out.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got out to check on these guys today, still sitting on the inside and still floating. I brought them a second oar for their little boat that I had, and they seem to be doing fine. They were still not able to free up their drive line due to the water being too dirty to see. But they do have a nice piece of real estate so no hurry I guess.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Unbelievable that they've had nearly 3 months to fart around with this project. I feel guilty taking 1 week straight off work. Thanks for providing these updates. I do hope they get this sorted out. :)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I guess they need some way to clear the drive, repair a hydraulic hose and charge their batteries. As it stands they do not have any worries about having their boat cut up and removed from the sand bar since it is floating so everyone does things at their own pace, apparently they are not in a hurry. it's been 3.5 months started on Dec 9 2017.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Obviously no jobs, no money= shouldn't own a boat to me

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These guys just spent 5 months enjoying themselves in prime waterfront property....don't discount the fact that maybe it is us working for those 5 months that are crazy, and they are the ones laughing and enjoying themselves without working one bit....food for thought, but I ponder this from time to time...How does it look from their perspective? They seem to be having a good enough time.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can tell that they are not nearly as stressed as they were before when they were worried about having the boat cut up and hauled off by the authorities. And being fined .
The inside of that sand bar keeps changing with the high tides so if they are not careful they could end up in trouble again. It's called testing your luck.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I love it I now have a good excuse for my typing issues.
I spilled an entire mug of coffee in my keyboard this morning I have no idea how on earth this thing is still working but it smells good.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ended up anchoring right by them yesterday. Didn’t even realize to until we left.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You should have said hello. If you noticed the pass between their boat and shore is rapidly filling in this may be a game changer if they don't get a move on soon.
The swim area has been cut so far in yet some boats are still needing to illegally run in the no boat zone to get past there. I believe the sand bar could attach itself to shore this summer, it keeps working in that direction.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wen out today half expecting them to still be there upload_2018-3-24_17-33-59.jpeg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They're gone??!!:eek:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Quick! Tell me the left the franken achor! PLEASE TELL ME THE ACHOR IS THERE TO BE LEFT AS A LAND MARK OR A NAVIGATIOBAL AID! I'm not sure what I am going to do with my life now.. . There's no ending... No resolution... Nothing! My life is empty now.. :confused:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nope they took the Franken anchor with them, I was told yesterday that they actually had the boat anchored by the Tierra Verde bridge for a couple of days, Ironically that is where I go with my skies. I looked around Gulf port yesterday to see if they were anchored there but I did not see the boat . I did not look in the marina though since it was a Sunday and traffic was heavy in there.