• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

someone had a bad day today

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
as far as I know it is ok

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This reminds me of the Texas saga a few years ago. If he was floating a jetboat....full throttle the effer and blast outta there into open water!

sidenote: You, Da Man Jeff!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am really hoping they manage to escape the second sand bar after that they are home free, if not they are going to be there a while longer. Or the boat will be removed and they get a 10 k fine. They said they wanted to go around the second sand bar toward shore , I believe this could be the kiss of death since there is really no open way to do that and if they get stuck there they become a navigational hazard in the channel that runs just outside the swim area of Fort Desoto. I went and checked the rout they said they were taking just to confirm my suspicions and it looks like a bad idea to me but it's their boat and their decision, Hopefully they can get through at a high tide. I barley made it through with a ski at mid tide.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did they get the boat running while it was stuck

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not that I am aware of , they may need to tow it to Gulf Port and when they have some money I guess they will get the mechanical issues fixed. Eckerd College will tow it for free if they can get it to open water. I had them check with Eckerd a while back to confirm this.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sus they share any thoughts on their plans to get the boat pass the Sandbar without power on the boat?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Since they were stuck there since Dec 9 2017 the batteries were dead a long time ago and they had no money after paying sea tow to get the boat off the sand bar with negative results. So they just hung out with the boat 24/7 after having their deck chairs stolen and their anchor stolen and people trying to steal they aluminum boat . So For their sake I sure hope they get this resolved in their favor I won't be out there for a while so I guess I will never know the details if they were able to get away from the sandbar from HELL.
I realize the Tampa bay times is on it's last dying breath What once was a news paper has become yesterdays news due to the internet, But they did a story about the kids that crashed their sail boat at Johns pass and they did a follow up about someone donating a sail boat to help them on their way to realizing their dream of sailing all over the world so I told these guys if they had a cute dog maybe the news paper would have done a story on them I do know several people including myself tried to get some interest in this with negative results. These guys never gave up they had the stamina to take it one day at a time and not become quitters so I applaud them and hope they get the boat fixed and everything goes their way.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just towing it as far as I know, my thought was to use the anchor and come along to slowly work it across the sand bar like they did to get it in the water in the first place since the sand is very soft, the waves were in their favor and they had a trash pump that could wash the sand around the hull at high tide. I do not believe the props or drive shafts were damaged to any degree . But I never did see those, they could not use the air bags because they had no power to inflate them. I did make the decision not to offer my suggestions since they are the ones who own the boat and they are the ones freeing it up. I have no experience doing that THANK GOODNESS. I am just glad the Jeff anchor worked. I wish I would have taken a picture of it strapped to the back of my ski it was a sight to see.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Haaaa really, their cell phone went swimming when they abandoned ship the night the engines quit running, I have no way to contact them, I told them about this thread but I doubt they are interested in it to be honest. These people are commercial fisherman one was a long liner I gathered they were buying the boat to use for commercial fishing , all that being said they live in Gulfport so I suspect I will be seeing the boat anchored out in front of the pier with the rest of the fleet. If I do see them out there I will try to get some info. Right now we are having the effects of the storm with cold weather , wind and 12 inches of snow ok maybe not 12 inches LOL I don't see me going out in the cold and the wind though because I just do not enjoy it and I already removed my snow tires from the trailer, however I do like to take advantage of the cooler weather to do some welding and make parts so this is what I am doing for the next week or 2 depending on the weather.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dang!. Jeff has a jet ski riding limit? I am astounded! But we will need closure.... updates even... I havent be this interested in something since i was trying to figure out who shot J.R. ewing back in the day!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well hopefully someone will be on the sand bar at Bunces pass this weekend and they can report back if the boat has finally escaped. I see a lot of Yamaha jet boats out there every weekend.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All right, I just returned from the water and I drove over to check out the situation, I saw the spot where the boat had been stuck forever, still a big mound of sand from all the shoveling . I noticed the boat still there but it was moved to the protected area behind the sand bar, the boat was floating and secured with an anchor, I was advised that they managed to get the boat where it was now sitting and as soon as they repair some hydraulic hoses and get their batteries charged they plan ok getting out of there in the next few days. The boat is NOT stuck just anchored.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, as far as you can tell, is there enough depth for the boat to transit out without going aground again? (Is the rush of grounding behind them at this point? Or will they need to brave another sandbar to get out?)

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I believe with the correct tide they are fine today we had a pretty strong tide it's probably high tide now, so the saga is basically over.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All because of the jeff anchor! U need to do a package deal... cobra fins and the jeff anchor combo!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right now we are having the effects of the storm with cold weather , wind and 12 inches of snow ok maybe not 12 inches LOL I don't see me going out in the cold and the wind though because I just do not enjoy it and I already removed my snow tires from the trailer, however I do like to take advantage of the cooler weather to do some welding and make parts so this is what I am doing for the next week or 2 depending on the weather.
@Cobra Jet Steering LLC you should check out the thread about moving south! I don't know how you put up with that cold!
;)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like they are going to get another blast of cold weather and lots of that other 4 letter word (that is not allowed to be spoken in my house)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
haaa what a special design big and ugly, they actually mentioned that anchor again today making it clear that the Franken anchor did the job great. They also are using the red tape I gave them so people won't walk into the rope.