• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedling in hospital.....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
They keep saying i aam doing good but i am having anxiety issues.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stay positive @Speedling and trust what the doctors are telling you. Sending you prayers for a quick recovery. :winkingthumbsup"

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling - Take a breath. I know this is a hard time but try to ease the anxiety. You are already in the best place for care.

Anxiety is bad. It equates to increased blood pressure, which means more cranial pressure = not good (especially after a stroke). Just breath and relax.
My mom always says she's happy to be getting older... it's a lot better than the other option.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just picture your best boating day ever and watch the anxiety start to reduce. Best luck to you and your family in getting better!

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Speedling - We are all thinking and praying for you and the family! Im with @Eric Ballard, just keep thinking of those really great days boating with the family and friends!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Prayers sent your way man! get well soon @Speedling

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This must be incredibly stressful. Just remember that you can handle it and it is best for your recovery to relax and be patient. The worst part is past. Based on your ability to communicate your body already handled the stroke very well. You are receiving great care. It will all get better from here.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's just your body prepping you for the fight ahead. Keep calm, stay focused on moving forward, you'll be back up to speed in no time.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sending healing thoughts your way @Speedling ! Like others have said to reduce anxiety just think of those perfect days out on the water that end with great sunsets. We're all pulling for all of you to get through this. Y'all can do it!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anxiety is no fun, I went through some medical issues 5 years ago that created bad anxiety to the point I could not leave the house for a couple of months, my Doctor put me on a mild dose of anxiety medication and that made a huge difference. Get well soon, lot's of people praying for you!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_7335.JPG IMG_0574.JPG IMG_0730.JPG IMG_1932.JPG IMG_2132.JPG IMG_2327.JPG IMG_8121.JPG IMG_8287.JPG Anxiety Treatment prescribed by your Jetboater friends.
Take one, close eyes and dwell on it for several minutes, then take another.

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Additional dosage can be taken when needed.
IMG_8067.JPG IMG_8293.JPG IMG_9793.JPG

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling, looking forward to boating with you soon. Last year when we went down to the dunes was one of the highlights of our summer. We knew then that we would do this trip with you guys many times this year. So we are anticipating your speedy recovery.

On Monday mornings the owner of my company, the COO, another employee and myself do something that is very counter-cultural in today's time. We have a Prayer meeting. Today, among other things, we prayed for you and your family and I asked that you and your family would have a supernatural sense of peace during this time. I know He hears our prayers and that your healing has begun!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling Just a thought from someone who only knows you via reading your posts:

You seem to be one of those guys that is always helping others. Providing service to others is one of the greatest healing tools available, by focusing on service to others we gain a new perspective on our own problems - they typically aren't as bad as we make them out to be. The problem with service, for guys like you, is that it is a two way street - there must be people willing to provide service opportunities (typically not you) as well as people willing to provide the service (typically you). Some of your anxiety is based in the fact that you cannot help yourself, you can't fix this problem - for problem solvers that is a very uncomfortable place to be.

Might I suggest that it is your turn to allow others to serve you, now take that anxious energy and focus it on healing!

And, like many others here, you are in my thoughts and prays also!
Stefan

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling - any new updates from the recent test?

How's your left side vision/motor function?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
View attachment 53516 View attachment 53517 View attachment 53518 View attachment 53519 View attachment 53520 View attachment 53521 View attachment 53522 View attachment 53523 Anxiety Treatment prescribed your Jetboater friends.
Take one, close eyes and dwell on it for several minutes, then take another.
Thank you very much for that!
Kids especially are incredibly encouraging

Docs are all saying i am doing very good.one of my questions has been can i still go to bimini? Lol!
All sounds good for it but i will be on a couple medications. A stress free week is what the doctor ordered!
My left hand/arm is still hard to use but they are looking to put me in an acute physical therapy because i am doing so well already
Very thankful the police officer saw me because the stroke was pretty large and i got the tpa drug very quickly whick saved me a lot.
Been a lot of support and prayers and the staff is wonderful

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I did have nausea but that seems to have past so i just had spaghetti and cookies and my sister brought muffins.
At least i get discovery channel!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to hear that your progress has been good.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling Glad to hear you're doing so well that they will be putting you into acute physical therapy. That's the medical term for torture. But you can do it!!

Enjoy those cookies today and when those sadistic PTs come and get you, just chant "Bim-in-i" and you'll be drinking coconut run before you know it :winkingthumbsup"