• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedling in hospital.....

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
one of my questions has been can i still go to bimini?
I hope that you will be 100% recovered by then but if not let us know what your Doc is restricting you from and we will figure it out.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Docs are all saying i am doing very good.one of my questions has been can i still go to bimini? Lol!
All sounds good for it but i will be on a couple medications. A stress free week is what the doctor ordered!
If you need a relief driver(s), I'm sure we can figure this out.

So happy to hear you are doing so well so fast! Just do what they say.

--

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What great news to hear, early detection regardless is the key and may you have a fast and complete recovery! Thoughts are still with you and your wonderful support network you have with you!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Also a guy that goes to church w
I hope that you will be 100% recovered by then but if not let us know what your Doc is restricting you from and we will figure it out.
Absolutely. It will be a discussion before i leave for sure

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Also a guy that goes to church w

Absolutely. It will be a discussion before i leave for sure
Last thing i want is something to happen during crossing so i will be sure. Probably let my wife drive a bit more this year as training too.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great news!!!!! My Dad had a right brain stroke 6-8 weeks ago and rehab was key. Also was interesting to read up on the different impacts between left and right brain strokes....helped us understand what we was going through better.

Any vision issues to the left?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Peripheral vision is lacking slightly both sides

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling Glad to hear you're doing so well that they will be putting you into acute physical therapy. That's the medical term for torture. But you can do it!!

Enjoy those cookies today and when those sadistic PTs come and get you, just chant "Bim-in-i" and you'll be drinking coconut run before you know it :winkingthumbsup"
Rum aka blood thinners, lol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rum aka blood thinners, lol
I belong to a few sailing groups where when someone asks about medicine in the ship stores the answer is always rum.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just another note to let you know we are here with you. Take it easy. Praying for you. You will be on the water in no time. Just a bump in the road. Er. I guess a bit of chop on the lake? Well, you get the idea. Breathe deeply and have a good night.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I probably fail their tests more because i keep turning my head to look
I an glad that you are communicating so well. From my perspective that is a great sign of how your body handled the stroke and is healing from it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling My wife Kate sends her best wishes for you guys tonight. She was very touched and commented on the pictures @buckbuck posted, beautiful family!

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is Mrs. Speedling's latest update from Facebook

"An update.... Lee is still in the ICU, and will be there for sure till the end of the week. Next step is to start physical therapy. They are working on getting starting with that in the next day or so.
The doctors have done lots of tests for the last couple of days, but as of right now, they have not found any reason for his stroke or where the blood clot had came from.

Lee still has weakness in his left arm and leg. (Physical Therapy should help improve his mobility) He is also tired and isn't eating much. (His dinner tonight didn't look very appetizing.) He is also getting headaches and is nauseous.
His peripheral vision hasn't improved either. But should come back with time.
Thank you all for your prays, love and support right now. It is much appreciated!

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As many have said. It's really good to hear that you're doing better and keeping your spirits up. Also, I just wanted to let you know that even though I'm not right around the corner from you all. Please don't hesitate to get ahold of me if there is anything I can do to lend a hand. You're not that far away, and it would be my pleasure to help you out.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Update: breakfast sausage here is nasty, lol gives me bad gas too. Lookibg forward to a bowl of cereal ha ha
My pastor and elder have visited and i joked with them that they will go back and report that i am still a smart ass, lol
I was a deacon for 6 years so they know how i can be. My dad has a coworker that i actually worked with several years ago byt he was a stroke patient once too. We talked a bit and it was comfortibg a bit.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
This is Mrs. Speedling's latest update from Facebook

"An update.... Lee is still in the ICU, and will be there for sure till the end of the week. Next step is to start physical therapy. They are working on getting starting with that in the next day or so.
The doctors have done lots of tests for the last couple of days, but as of right now, they have not found any reason for his stroke or where the blood clot had came from.

Lee still has weakness in his left arm and leg. (Physical Therapy should help improve his mobility) He is also tired and isn't eating much. (His dinner tonight didn't look very appetizing.) He is also getting headaches and is nauseous.
His peripheral vision hasn't improved either. But should come back with time.
Thank you all for your prays, love and support right now. It is much appreciated!

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Thanks @Bruce i know my wife is trying to report everything asap
I have good insurance so hopefully no bills will be encountered. I kbow tge guy in the room bwxt door is in dar worse condition