• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedling in hospital.....

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keep on keeping on. Spring is here and summer will be here soon. We need you back on the water and at speed!!! Be well!!! gobecauseyoucan

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Speedling I have been out in the woods with the maple trees most of march /early april and then I find this thread, I hope for you a complete recovery and sounds like you are in great hands. Be patient, slow and steady will win this race.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So far i guess the consensus is i have super blood that clots very quickly.
Had some physical therapy and stuff too today. Last night i was nauseous and had diarrhea so i hope my afternoon includes a shower. I stink

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling - Have the docs decided what caused your TIA? Is it hereditary?

You're a rather young guy and seem in decent shape. I hope they can provide you some feed back and future direction.

As you get going again, remember that prayer groups are beneficial for our soles but raising stroke awareness saves lives! Pay it forward and raise awareness and onset recognition.
Yeah a lot of my damily are getting the blood tests for sure everyone says the same thing, like if it happened to Lee then wow it really can happen to anyone!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
And i gotta sa that i have such an appreciation for nurses lije seriously if you know a nurse go give them a hug for me

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO, do you have any experience with "super blood that clots very quickly"?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah a lot of my damily are getting the blood tests for sure everyone says the same thing, like if it happened to Lee then wow it really can happen to anyone!
Most likely you were tested for the presence of factor 5 leiden and/or prothrombin f2 alleles associated with stroke, and that genetic testing showed one or more of these alleles associated with predisposition to stroke etc. present in your blood DNA. While it is helpful to know that, don't let anyone freak out - and keep in mind - even if present those mutations are only predisposition factors. In other words, we doctors like to use those tests to explain "hypercoagulative states" and such as that makes us feel smart, but the test results don't actually have a ton of predictive value - and should never be viewed as completely decisive. More as an indication of what the underlying issues may be, and help long term management.

I would be happy to respond in a PM if you have specific questions.

--

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO, do you have any experience with "super blood that clots very quickly"?
I have a problem where my body produces too much red blood cells, they monitor my hemoglobin and hematocrit levels every 2 weeks. If my hemoglobin gets abovery 18 they remove a unit of blood to thin it out. Luckily my blood has been in the normal range the last 3 months. I do proactively take a baby aspirin every day to prevent clots, that's it medication wise.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Was there some bleeding into the brain or this is edema due to the ischemia?
Being that your TIA was recognized and treated early you have a much better chance of coming out of this with very limited, to no, neurological deficits!! That's great news!

The bad news is that now Mrs Susan is going to make you eat more salads and cut out all of your fried chicken :(
It's the deep dish pizza and ixe cream i am worried about!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Most likely you were tested for the presence of factor 5 leiden and/or prothrombin f2 alleles associated with stroke, and that genetic testing showed one or more of these alleles associated with predisposition to stroke etc. present in your blood DNA. While it is helpful to know that, don't let anyone freak out - and keep in mind - even if present those mutations are only predisposition factors. In other words, we doctors like to use those tests to explain "hypercoagulative states" and such as that makes us feel smart, but the test results don't actually have a ton of predictive value - and should never be viewed as completely decisive. More as an indication of what the underlying issues may be, and help long term management.

I would be happy to respond in a PM if you have specific questions.

--
Yeah i didn't get the terms written down but basically my blood clots too fast. They said it could have clotted anywhere before it camebup to the brain. They told me it isn't necessarily genetic. Even so, my brother who is next oldest and an emt/firefighteris going to get it checked. Doesn't sound lije it will be much expense for the check so better safe than sorry and obviously gives more info on my case too!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah i didn't get the terms written down but basically my blood clots too fast. They said it could have clotted anywhere before it camebup to the brain. They told me it isn't necessarily genetic. Even so, my brother who is next oldest and an emt/firefighteris going to get it checked. Doesn't sound lije it will be much expense for the check so better safe than sorry and obviously gives more info on my case too!
Ask them if it is related to a high hemoglobin/hematocrit levels, if so you may have what I have either genetic polycythemia or secondary polycythemia which is what I have. My initial blood tests showed my hemoglobin clear up to 23 (normal is 13 to 18) and hematocrit was clear up to 57 I believe. After testing the numerous things that can cause this it turned out I have bad sleep apnea, I am a tall skinny guy not overweight at all, so I have been on a CPAP Machine at night for several years now and for the most part my blood stays normal, 3 to 4 times a year my levels will rise slightly above the safe zone and they take a unit of blood out of me to thin it back down.

Hope they figure out the cause and you recover quickly, this stuff can be a bit scary and anxiety comes with it for sure.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
She was posting about deep dish on Facebook so she may be willing to take that risk.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hope you are getting well. Take your time ...it will work out.:winkingthumbsup"

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great.... now I'm hungry. Guess ill have to call Gino's East and get a full pizza overnighted to the beach! :thumbsup:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LMAO.
Yes, @Speedling, this group will teach you all about "moderation" - hitting the rum in the Bimini Sands' Infinity Pool. You will be in good hands. :D

--
Does that mean that I should stop bringing a new bottle to the pool every time I go?