• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy SURFtember 2019- Transom Watersports

Are you interested in making a purchase?

• Total voters

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The board and 2 bags came today and I cant wait to get on the water!!

20190910_173339.jpg

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much were the bags I didn't see them on the link attached

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much were the bags I didn't see them on the link attached
They were $75 after the discount, but there was only 4 available when the sale started and they sold out near immediately. I'll look to bring more in, but they were purchased on promotion and I'm not certain of price point or the exact timeframe... sorry! They're known as the "Slingshot Classic Surf Sleeve" if you decide to search them out.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Considering a 5'3" Coaster. It looks to be a very thin, like a skim style board. Are folks finding that it fits into many wakeboard slots on the tower racks? That's a huge bonus for us guys with a combo rack on the tower.

TY

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Considering a 5'3" Coaster. It looks to be a very thin, like a skim style board. Are folks finding that it fits into many wakeboard slots on the tower racks? That's a huge bonus for us guys with a combo rack on the tower.

TY
It’s close, but no it doesn’t. At least not on mine.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can anyone confirm which tower racks will fit the 5'3" Coaster ?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

TY
The specifications I have state that the 5'0" is 1" thick and the 5'3" is slightly thicker at 1⅜". If that helps.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone confirm which tower racks will fit the 5'3" Coaster ?
The factory/OEM rack has two slots, it fits in the wider one on top.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The factory/OEM rack has two slots, it fits in the wider one on top.

Yup, I have my Inland Surfer in the surf slot. and my Ronix Vault in the wake slot. I was curious if the coaster would fit in the wake slot to avoid buying another rack. Looks like the 5' at 1" thick may just do that.

Thanks for the input.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yup, I have my Inland Surfer in the surf slot. and my Ronix Vault in the wake slot. I was curious if the coaster would fit in the wake slot to avoid buying another rack. Looks like the 5' at 1" thick may just do that.

Thanks for the input.
After doing some digging, super stoked to get my 5' today, I THINK it'll just barely fit in my stock wakeboard rack on my 212x.

It's out for delivery right now, and I can't wait to get home. Taking a half day next Tuesday, since I'm out of town this weekend, and going to take my boat out with a buddy and surf all day......or attempt to. Neither one of us have ever wake surfed. I grew up surfing in the ocean and he wake boards, so we think we'll be ok(famous last words, hah).

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thanks for the input.
That would work, I’m pretty sure I could push the 5’3” into the lower slot with enough force but that would be a sacrilege!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good point, i don't want to screw up the deck material. Honestly, I will probably test both boards on the same wave and sell one to a buddy that just scored a boat. And I do love having the wakeboard with in case we get adventurous.

Time to start watching the sales on racks at Overton's again. I hear they stopped allowing the 30% off on wakeboard racks. I was betting they were close to losing money on that deal. HA!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Someone school me on the fin positions. I've seen some rocking the 2 outside, the 3 like I have it, and just the single center fin.

Also what about the screws? I'm assuming nothing like loctite is needed, just a good snugging?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone school me on the fin positions. I've seen some rocking the 2 outside, the 3 like I have it, and just the single center fin.

Also what about the screws? I'm assuming nothing like loctite is needed, just a good snugging?
Nothing's needed on the screws, just hand tight and check them occasionally.

In regards to the fin options, you've got 3, 2, 1, or none. You'd likely have assumed that 3 fins will offer the most control. A 3 fin configuration is also known as a "thruster" setup and increases your ability generate speed. The Coaster has a lot of control with the 3 fin arrangement and for that reason is where most everyone starts.

Riding with just the 2 forward fins is still going to offer a lot of control, but will loosen up the tail a bit. It will change the pivot point towards the center of the board and increase your rate of turn.

Riding a single fin loosens the ride up even more. You become more reliant on edge control. It's hard to describe in another way, other than to say it's more "surfy" and "flowy". It's a lot of fun. The O'Brien Royale, is designed for this style of ride with a single rear fin, but features a sharper edge rail and therefore a bit more edge control.

Riding with no fins is going to give you a skim style ride. Basically fast and loose. With a little practice and talent you can start pulling off spins and shuvits.

Spins are possible with fins. Riders with surf style boards area pulling then off all the tune despite larger fins. @JDub mentioned in another thread how he pulled off a 360 on his Coaster recently. @JDub, would you mind sharing what your fin setup was during your stunt?

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Because I mentioned the O'Brien Royale in the post above here's a brief clip of my run on it. I brought this board in because it's size and shape in many ways resembles the Coaster. This board was just introduced this year. It's 5'3", very flat bottom, rear pintale and surf style nose. The main difference is the single fin box with 3" fin and sharper bottom lip along the rail.

My impressions, it's a very fun surf style board. It is as fast as the Coaster and easily stays on the wave. This board kind of just flows on the wave, but give it a bit of toe and it'll respond and carve. After just moments on the board I thought in my mind, "Maybe I can break the tale loose and 360 this thing...?" After riding for a bit, I made the attempt and it resulted in the end of my run. No doubt a more talented rider could have pulled it off.

This design is unchanged for 2020. I believe it's the best priced board in our sale.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honest question, we've had a fair amount of sales, and we're happy with the results, but we have a decent amount of boards left. For those on the fence about purchasing, what would tip the scale and help you make the decision to purchase?

Please feel free to message if you don't wish to post publicly. This is our first wakesurf group buy and all the information we're can gather is appreciated.

Thanks all!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Honest question, we've had a fair amount of sales, and we're happy with the results, but we have a decent amount of boards left. For those on the fence about purchasing, what would tip the scale and help you make the decision to purchase?

Please feel free to message if you don't wish to post publicly. This is our first wakesurf group buy and all the information we're can gather is appreciated.

Thanks all!
It's currently 50 degrees in my part of Minnesota. And the lake surface temp is very close to the same. Me and my buds just attended the worlds largest Snowmobile Show in central MN last weekend. Our brains have already shifted to "tweener season" That season between beers and boards, to frozen lakes and fields of untracked powder.

I think they are great deals, very similar to the online board shops, but even less. But right now, I may have one last tow on the way to the trailer before pulling out lifts and docks.

So that's just our reason up here in the great white north.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's currently 50 degrees in my part of Minnesota. And the lake surface temp is very close to the same. Me and my buds just attended the worlds largest Snowmobile Show in central MN last weekend. Our brains have already shifted to "tweener season" That season between beers and boards, to frozen lakes and fields of untracked powder.

I think they are great deals, very similar to the online board shops, but even less. But right now, I may have one last tow on the way to the trailer before pulling out lifts and docks.

So that's just our reason up here in the great white north.
Thanks for the feedback. Timing is a real issue in a lot of ways. We don't have a lot of comfortable days left in the forecast here in northern Utah either. In all reality, this weekend could be the last we see in the 80's... I sure hope not.

Although the weather is leaving us, it is the season for deals and it's a cutthroat market.

Thanks again @biffdotorg.