• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Group Buy SURFtember 2019- Transom Watersports

Are you interested in making a purchase?

• Total voters

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can sympathize. My wife is CFO for both our businesses.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm interested but I don't think I can consider this until I at least get RideSteady installed on my boat. Not to mention figure out how to make a surfable wave on an AR195. So maybe a year from now during the next end-of-season/group-buy sale I'll be ready.
With all the respect in the world for those that love all the speed control, ballast and wake shaping devices, they are not needed to have fun. They are needed to empty your wallet in search of the perfect wave. And I am one of those people that will keep trying.

But the point is, until you decide to go down that rabbit hole, which you most definitely will, start with a good board and a surf rope and have fun. We did just that years ago, as it was an expensive item to "experiment" with. But even on the crappiest, dirtiest wave, rope surfing is a blast! Take advantage of the best deals now on the board. The other stuff, are just items that are far easier to justify once you have a taste for the wave. And really do add to the experience. It just doesn't mean you can't have fun until then. If you are not prepared to bite the bullet on all that yet, the board/rope are the first step, not the last. As all those other things are 100% worthless without a board and rope. Unless you have a friend with one of each?

I have yet to winterize my waverunners. I truly hope to get a couple last tows in wetsuit behind them yet this fall. And I know it will be a riot. We may have to throw a fat friend on as spotter. As the wave my GP1300r created while towing the other across the lake last weekend was pretty damn smooth and full of curl!!

Good luck!

Thats

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
With all the respect in the world for those that love all the speed control, ballast and wake shaping devices, they are not needed to have fun. They are needed to empty your wallet in search of the perfect wave. And I am one of those people that will keep trying.

But the point is, until you decide to go down that rabbit hole, which you most definitely will, start with a good board and a surf rope and have fun. We did just that years ago, as it was an expensive item to "experiment" with. But even on the crappiest, dirtiest wave, rope surfing is a blast! Take advantage of the best deals now on the board. The other stuff, are just items that are far easier to justify once you have a taste for the wave. And really do add to the experience. It just doesn't mean you can't have fun until then. If you are not prepared to bite the bullet on all that yet, the board/rope are the first step, not the last. As all those other things are 100% worthless without a board and rope. Unless you have a friend with one of each?

I have yet to winterize my waverunners. I truly hope to get a couple last tows in wetsuit behind them yet this fall. And I know it will be a riot. We may have to throw a fat friend on as spotter. As the wave my GP1300r created while towing the other across the lake last weekend was pretty damn smooth and full of curl!!

Good luck!
Let's hit the river. I'll drive. It's warmer there!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Good luck!
I like the way you think, agree with this statement: "But even on the crappiest, dirtiest wave, rope surfing is a blast!".

That said, I would add this:
  1. there are proven, demonstrable ways to throw a wave behind Yamaha boats that is a GREAT wave not just a mediocre, dirty wave; there are surf boards proven to work extremely well behind our boats (thank you, @J-RAD et al.)
  2. a choice of a board can make a difference between being able to surf and not being able to surf! I believe it is true for the vast majority but the most advanced riders among us; it certainly is/was true about my experience
Speaking from experience, given the collective knowledge base of this forum I would say any 240/242 Yamaha can be made to throw this wave (below), for about $1,500 in aftermarket modifications:

1080p

--

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

I'm very confident I can't reliably keep my boat at 10-12 mph. I've finally got the hang of it keeping it at 15-20mph when running the Zup. But even then it requires constant adjustment and I'll fall outside of that range quickly if I'm not paying very close attention. In other words, I'm hoping to have RideSteady next summer and continue with the Zup. And consider other options if the kids get bored with that.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm very confident I can't reliably keep my boat at 10-12 mph. I've finally got the hang of it keeping it at 15-20mph when running the Zup. But even then it requires constant adjustment and I'll fall outside of that range quickly if I'm not paying very close attention. In other words, I'm hoping to have RideSteady next summer and continue with the Zup. And consider other options if the kids get bored with that.
Yes you can. However we consistently find two things with cruise control: one is that small speed adjustments, often made on the fly, can make a big difference in wave shape; two - you can take your eyes off the speed gauge and focus elsewhere which can be important on busy lakes.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tomorrow is the last day of the SURFtember group buy. Inventory is VERY limited.

Use the discount "SURFtember" and SAVE $$

Coasters: $346.80
1 and only 1 Coaster 5'3" left
5 - Coaster 5'0"
4 - Coster XR 5'0" ($467.60)
IMG_20190731_224240.jpg

Cobra Cat: $423.50
1 - 5'0"
1 - 4'8"
IMG_20190801_105013.jpg

Gnarwhal: $423.50
1- Gnarwhal 4'10"
IMG_20190801_085222.jpg

O'Brien FXv2: $477.40
1 - FXv2 4'11"
IMG_20190801_103104.jpg

O'Brien Royale: $319.20
1 - Royale 5'3"
IMG_20190801_104747.jpg

O'Brien Haze v2: $437.5
1 - Haze v2 4'9"
IMG_20190801_103945.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems I got a day ahead of myself... the sale ends Monday not tomorrow. Somebody tell me what day it is today... 🙃

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you're the dramatic type that likes to wait until the last day, it's here. Maybe don't wait until the last minute... 😉
20190930_073416.jpg
If it's cold where you are today and you don't know what you'd do with it all fall/winter. That surfboard is really going to complete that zombie surfer Halloween costume next month. Wakesurf boards also make a great holiday mantelpiece. (I think I heard that somewhere...) or think of how many plates of pumpkin pie you can carry on a Coaster from the kitchen to your guests. Your spouse thinks these are great ideas!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Damn you J-rad and Swatski!! I pulled the trigger at the last minute and ordered a 5'3" Coaster. I just could not help myself.

I know I would kick myself if I ride @Thats Coaster next spring and realize I missed out. I will sell the lesser of my two boards next year. My Inland Surfer Blue lake is doing well, but you guys all love the damn Coaster so much!

Thanks J-rad for supporting the board and putting on these sales. YOU ARE THE DEVIL!!

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn you J-rad and Swatski!! I pulled the trigger at the last minute and ordered a 5'3" Coaster. I just could not help myself.

I know I would kick myself if I ride Thats Coaster next spring and realize I missed out. I will sell the lesser of my two boards next year. My Inland Surfer Blue lake is doing well, but you guys all love the damn Coaster so much!

Thanks J-rad for supporting the board and putting on these sales. YOU ARE THE DEVIL!!
Thanks for the order @biffdotorg. I think you made a WISE decision... 😉 Congratulations on buying our very last 5'3" Coaster. May your 2020 season be blessed with many buttery surf days. 😇

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I know I would kick myself if I ride Thats Coaster next spring and realize I missed out. I will sell the lesser of my two boards next year. My Inland Surfer Blue lake is doing well, but you guys all love the damn Coaster so much!

Oh,you are going to love that board. It makes such a big difference! It feels weird for the first couple of times as it is really a special design but it is the best board for a weak wake.
Hope you will be able to go ropeless, man, the feeling of it - when you transition from being pulled by the rope and start getting slack and then going rope free is pretty awesome.

--

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I know I would kick myself if I ride @Thats Coaster next spring and realize I missed out. I will sell the lesser of my two boards next year. My Inland Surfer Blue lake is doing well, but you guys all love the damn Coaster so much!

That's what happened to me. After riding @BigAbe75's Coaster a couple weeks ago. I ordered one that night. It's an awesome board and what a great deal, Thanks again @J-RAD. To bad I'll only get to look at mine until next season.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Coaster really is a genius design, aside from being buoyant BUT super easy to flip/start at the same time.

When looking at it sitting/laying flat on the surface of water it is almost weird how the nose curves up pretty dramatically. I believe that’s the feature that saves the board from “pearling” (I believe that’s the term describing a nose dive/burying the front of the board) when trying to aggressively recover when loosing push.
It’s special!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we wait about....7 to 8 months.
Lol.
We try to keep going - pretty much until it freezes over! Or at least I do.
That’s why God gave us wet suits, no?

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s special!
No, you are special buddy, and we look forward to your wetsuit photos. Thats and I already packed our boats away this past week as we saw snow in ND last night. Yup, we are officially in tweener season and will be enjoying fall colors from a SXS. Until the snowmobile trails open that is.

You "more southern" folk cannot appreciate the fall colors as much without a few inches of fresh snow on the ground!! HA! it's just frreakin' wrong!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're welcome all, but it's you that have participated that we owe thanks to. The support has been great and I hope you all enjoy your new surfboards, paddleboards, sleeves, and ropes. We sold out of a lot of items. Thank you all again! I hope we're can do this again with even more success in the future.

If there's any folks out there who are/were interested in the sale but couldn't make it work at the moment, please feel free to reach out to me when you're ready. I try to make the best deals I can all year.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Coaster really is a genius design, aside from being buoyant BUT super easy to flip/start at the same time.

When looking at it sitting/laying flat on the surface of water it is almost weird how the nose curves up pretty dramatically. I believe that’s the feature that saves the board from “pearling” (I believe that’s the term describing a nose dive/burying the front of the board) when trying to aggressively recover when loosing push.
It’s special!

It is special! I think you nailed it, even your terminology is correct. 👍

I think the surf style nose is genius, and I think what makes it so brilliant is they seem to have identified the exact point on the board to start that curve. It's far enough back to save you from pearling it, but far enough forward to really allow a lot of forward pressure on the board without pearling it. It's pretty rad!

Last edited: