• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 190 Boat lift suggestions

SeaOlive

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello! I’m new here. Just bought my first jet boat. I’ve been looking at them for years and bought a used SX190.

I live in MA on a brackish river that goes out to Buzzards Bay. If I get approval from the board of the dock I will get a boat lift. I could use some recommendations. I’m leaning towards Safe Haven.

Our tides go very high and low here. Sometimes the water is above the wharf and as low as two feet. No power available. Somewhat limited budget. Also, please let me know if you have any experience leaving the lift at the dock/wharf through New England winters.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you!

I used to keep my 190 on a Hewitt 3800 Hi-Lift. Lots of lifting range on it, and never had an issue with it.
Probably too much lift capacity for the boat, but I had bought it when I had an SX210.
I'm on Lake St. Clair, so I was able to lift pretty high for when it got rough.
Upgraded a few years ago to a permanent dock and lift, so I've since sold my Hewitt.

I used to keep my 190 on a Hewitt 3800 Hi-Lift. Lots of lifting range on it, and never had an issue with it.
Probably too much lift capacity for the boat, but I had bought it when I had an SX210.
I'm on Lake St. Clair, so I was able to lift pretty high for when it got rough.
Upgraded a few years ago to a permanent dock and lift, so I've since sold my Hewitt.
Thank you for your input!

I am purchasing a Yamaha SX190. I have a Bertrand 4500 vertical lift, with a sterndrive stop, that I used for my Four Winns.
How do I prevent they Yamaha from going too far over the lift?

Not sure what you could do about that. I’ve never had a stop, and it’s never caused an issue. We just float in till we reach a spot we’ve been happy with for balance, and that’s been close enough. My lift guy showed me a good trick to pluck the lift cables like guitar strings, and they should sound similar.

Appreciate your response. I am concerned that, when I put the boat onto the lift, that the rudder might come in contact with the lift's crossbar.
Motor stops are great for stern drives, but not for jets.

Ahh, I don’t have that on mine. It’s an older model. I suppose that could be a concern. Could you set your bunks closer together to make some height clearance from the lift frame? Not sure how far down that keel is?

Ahh, I don’t have that on mine. It’s an older model. I suppose that could be a concern. Could you set your bunks closer together to make some height clearance from the lift frame? Not sure how far down that keel is?
A good suggestion. I am seeing the boat this week and then I can measure it and take a picture. Then I can check measure the lift for movement.
I am on a fresh water lake and the depth ranges from about 6 feet in the Spring to a low of 3 feet in the Fall. Of course the frame of the lift is about 14" off of the lake bed.

Bought the boat today.
When I get back to the lake, I am going to eyeball my lift, to see how the support rails are.
I am thinking about, maybe, raising the bunks at the front, so that it will be similar to driving on to the bunks, instead of just floating in.
That might slow the forward movement enough for me to use the remote to lift the boat; enough to stop the forward motion, yet not too high that I can let anyone, or me, out of the boat.
I was on the water, in the boat, for about 1/2 hour, to try it out. The owner demonstrated how he can turn it within its own length, and he was able to make a soft docking. He said the magic words that everyone is saying: practice ... practice!
Appreciate all of the information given to me.
GREAT FORUM!

Back