• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can fab your own using PVC piping from Lowes or Home Depot. I made one years ago for my Dodge Dakota and it was pretty amazing the difference it made for very little cost.
Okay, that I did not know. I was under the impression that the length of the intake would be prohibitive for any net gain.
Glad you guys brought this up. Could mock it up with PVC and if it tests good, get a molded silicon intake?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Okay, that I did not know. I was under the impression that the length of the intake would be prohibitive for any net gain.
Glad you guys brought this up. Could mock it up with PVC and if it tests good, get a molded silicon intake?
I used the Black PVC and it was the intake. You can google home made CAI and find tons of info.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the Black PVC and it was the intake. You can google home made CAI and find tons of info.
Right, I get that. The question is about the length of the run for such an intake pipe. To make it reach fresh air, it's a lot of pipe (and dead air) reducing the efficiency.

Last edited:

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gonrcng,The set up works great doesn't it, Glade you did it, Im heading out to 3 rooker at some point tomorrow, if your out pass by

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right, I get that. The question is about the length of the run for such an intake pipe. To make it reach fresh air, it's a lot of pipe (and dead air) reducing the efficiency.
I think the main factor for improved efficiency will be upgrading the filter. I can say that paper filters don't flow near as much as a cotton filter, like K&N etc. I also don't think the length of intake will make a difference either.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The cooler the air the bet
Gonrcng,The set up works great doesn't it, Glade you did it, Im heading out to 3 rooker at some point tomorrow, if your out pass by
Yes sir. Very pleased. We are trying to get out tomorrow but Sunday is looking more promising. If we do get out tomorrow I will keep an eye open for ya.

360dart

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you guys want cool pics and info, go back to the first 8 pages of this topic. Everything you guys are working on now, has been done by @SamCF n I, in both aftermarket n stock appearing parts...downloadfile-2.jpeg

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, we know, some of us have used different parts to do the swap

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you guys want cool pics and info, go back to the first 8 pages of this topic. Everything you guys are working on now, has been done by @SamCF n I, in both aftermarket n stock appearing parts...View attachment 39014
Did you support your filter or is it just supported by the rubber intake hose?

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shawn route the filter to the back where the cooler air is, by the air hole on the back wall.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shawn route the filter to the back where the cooler air is, by the air hole on the back wall.
@Tom V Are you saying that getting the filter closer to the opening/vent would be enough? I wish there was something that would actually fit through that opening, or behind that swim platform cushion.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes try to set it up so your sucking cooler air, the 3" tube should work fine, or run the 4" filter and tubing back to the supercharger elbow with a 3-4" adapter from Frozen boost.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Im still running my set up without the filter in the box, Most boats don't run filters just flame arresters, I'll set mine up with the 4"K&N shortly. If the boat back fired it would have to go through the intercooler then the supercharger before it came through the air box. "Thats not happening".

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's the plan. I took out the stock airbox to get started on my tubing and noticed how soft that intake fitting is on the supercharger. That's the reason I asked about supporting it. I plan on getting the filter as close to fresh air as I can.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, You will have to fab up some way to support the tube to the side of the engine compartment and also support the filter at the end.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Save our sand bar is this saturday, just north of anclote island, Big party

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
To those who've added aftermarket intercoolers, Since you need to run an additional cooling line from the strainer through the hull to the IC, is there also an additional pee hole line to run?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I went with the Fizzle IC which has single outlet so I used the stock hose and (pisser) outlet. If you go with the SVHO you would need to add to benefit from the dual outlet.
I believe the IC from Frozenboost is also single outlet.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went with the Fizzle IC which has single outlet so I used the stock hose and (pisser) outlet. If you go with the SVHO you would need to add to benefit from the dual outlet.
I believe the IC from Frozenboost is also single outlet.
Yes the frozen boost cooler is single outlet.