• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As stated above. There are just as many aftermarket ICs for the SVHOs as the SHOs. When I was considering what to get, I knew that I was going to do future modifications so I wanted to ensure my IC was not gonna be my limiting factor. For a stock boat the fizzle is more than enough and hopefully the SVHO will do the same for you. There are a bunch of them available for one simple reason. People are removing and replacing with something else for whatever reason. Please post your results for sure!
Just got home from the lake and yet another day with no issues. Water was very calm, 81f water with 4 adults and boat did 51.2 gps and not a hint of heat soak!
@JerryG These are fantastic results. Makes me (almost) second guess my decisions about not getting a SC boat!
I'm so glad you guys are testing and sharing your results, there is really NO information available that is SC boat- (and not ski-) specific regarding performance mods, outside of this thread. So, your data is really invaluable.

Re: the Fizzle, that unit rules, no question about it. You will basically never again have to worry about your i.c. becoming a limiting factor.
The guys on Greenhulk sell their SVHO ICs because they go Stage 3+ mods - way beyond what you guys are doing here.
Hence my earlier suggestion to look into the SVHO ic - not nearly as good as the Fizzle, but:
1. inexpensive (because of the surplus of almost new units from GH)
2. completely sufficient with Stage 1 mods
3. looks almost identical to SHO OEM ics - it is really hard to tell unless you see the two units side by side (which may help alleviate warranty qualms).

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sam started it on the other forum and I just followed into it, This is a great group of people here, can't wait to see what people are doing now with the 192 boats, past the intercooler upgrades, I'm happy with the swap I did and I know a lot of others will be too when they do the same.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Tom V thank you for the clarification. Yes, of course.
I hope you guys keep this going. I will jump in as soon as Yamaha puts a SVHO in a boat. Or, two of them, hehe.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Tom V thank you for the clarification. Yes, of course.
I hope you guys keep this going. I will jump in as soon as Yamaha puts a SVHO in a boat. Or, two of them, hehe.
That would be amazing in a 24ft. 55-60mph or better.

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can anyone who's installed the aftermarket pee outlets (like the ADA racing fittings) post a link to the 3/4 to 1/4 adapters you used in the install? I have the fittings but for the life of me I cannot find a good metal 3/4 to 1/4 coupling to use.
Thanks!

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone who's installed the aftermarket pee outlets (like the ADA racing fittings) post a link to the 3/4 to 1/4 adapters you used in the install? I have the fittings but for the life of me I cannot find a good metal 3/4 to 1/4 coupling to use.
Thanks!

I found mine at Lowes in the plumbing section. They should be able to help you out.

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
are your fittings brass and barbed on both ends? or is there a barb on one side and thread on the other?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
are your fittings brass and barbed on both ends? or is there a barb on one side and thread on the other?
They are barbed on one side and threaded on the other.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get all my thru hull fittings from Blowsion, Search them out, www.blowsion.com/products/hull-components/blowsion-billet?p=2 I have been buying watercraft fittings from them for yrs, all my race items come from them. Go to blowsion billet products on page 2. I use the 1/2' 45 degree for water out on the intercooler and now they have back in stock the 1/2' thru hull bulk head fitting.

Last edited:

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
First test..... All I can say is out freakin standing !!!!!

I don't have the anode fitting yet , should be here Monday. The IC is amazing. The lake was choppy and the wind was pretty strong. Got my 10mph back and the IC was cold to the touch after an hour of nothing but hole shots and 7 mile WOT runs.
I am super happy with the throttle response from the ribbon delete. And the BOV sings the music of my people. I really think it's screaming for a cold air intake. That will be my next project.
Huge thank you's to @Tom V @JerryG and @SamCF for all the ground work they did and the billion questions they answered for me.
This forum and its members are awesome.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gonrcng can you elaborate on a cold air intake? Has anyone done it in a boat?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Gonrcng can you elaborate on a cold air intake? Has anyone done it in a boat?
I believe @SamCF has done one on his boat. I think he has only posted pics of the inlet piping and not the filter. Basically in a nutshell you remove the stock air box and filter which normally (I have experience with cars) is very restrictive and in close proximity to the motor..= hot air being taken in.
Removing all the stock garbage and adding a pipe running away from the motor to a spot where it can pick up fresh or cooler air with an added high flow air filter will increase hp and make your engine much happier. Here is a pic of a CAI for a car. We will have to improvise for our application. image.jpeg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe @SamCF has done one on his boat. I think he has only posted pics of the inlet piping and not the filter. Basically in a nutshell you remove the stock air box and filter which normally (I have experience with cars) is very restrictive and in close proximity to the motor..= hot air being taken in.
Removing all the stock garbage and adding a pipe running away from the motor to a spot where it can pick up fresh or cooler air with an added high flow air filter will increase hp and make your engine much happier. Here is a pic of a CAI for a car. We will have to improvise for our application. View attachment 38850
okay - I missed it, and it's in @SamCF first post here, right? but it does not show the actual intake - do you have any other pics or info? I would try it for sure.
Here is my filter right now, gave me about 50RPM, this is N/A of course.

upload_2016-6-10_16-5-1.png

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That's it... Extend that mid pipe and get that filter near cool air or away from the motor and you got it !!

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you look at the first page you will see sam's inlet pipe off the intake running up and away from the stock location.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can fab your own using PVC piping from Lowes or Home Depot. I made one years ago for my Dodge Dakota and it was pretty amazing the difference it made for very little cost.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you look at the first page you will see sam's inlet pipe off the intake running up and away from the stock location.
Basically - moving the inlet/filter closer to the cutouts behind the platform cushions - I see what you mean.
I thought of it, but figured the added length of the intake hose would cancel any gains from getting cooler air. And the filter is still inside the engine bay.