• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

OzarkGunGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
So...
Here are my thoughts on mods at the moment...
1. New intercooler, not sure of the best option here yet.
2. Stabilizing fins... Not sure of the name be read the mod early on and it seems sensible.
3. Some sort of a cold air intake system. Maybe ducted maybe not.
4. Determine if current run problem is cavitation or another issue and resolve
5. Ditch the ugly blue graphics and get something in grey/red to match the black and white paint scheme. (Wife wanted the boat THAT DAY, so we took an inventory model instead of waiting for the grey, which I would have preferred) anyone have advice on where to get a good graphics package for this thing?
6. Anode... Is this an issue, or no? I really don't want to have cooling issues down the road.

Thoughts, comments, or suggestions?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Looks like a good start. The anode is not an issue. What you read was a thread about an anode fitting that can be added with other mods to increase cooling. I have all the parts to do it , but have not as of yet. The intercooler will be the best thing you can do right off the bat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How many hours have you driven the boat @OzarkGunGuy ? Maybe you boat in really rough conditions or something but honestly I thought the articulating rudder does a good job of slow speed maneuvering in addition to using TDE and No Wake Mode. I'm not trying to talk you out of fins, just saying maybe get a little accustomed to the boat handling before spending the money on them. You may find that with practice you don't need additional fins. I've only been out in my boat twice but on the first day i didn't have much of an issue moving around the dock, boat traffic, etc but I've also had jet skis so I'm accustomed to how jets behave. They need thrust to move so do't be afraid to bump that No Wake Mode a few times.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice! I need to get that Stoltz Ultimate roller asap. i can already see some very light scuffs on my bow just from 2 retrievals with the stock hard plastic roller. It's the 4" roller that I need?

Devin Jensen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nice! I need to get that Stoltz Ultimate roller asap. i can already see some very light scuffs on my bow just from 2 retrievals with the stock hard plastic roller. It's the 4" roller that I need?
Yeah same for me, i cringe every time i bump it..

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash yes, it's the 4", mine has been sitting in my garage, keep meaning to install.
However, you do need to bend the metal to make it fit. I just saw over the last week or so, a few people post about the new 3.5" stoltz roller, designed for our shorelander trailers. The Stoltz RP-355, they have it listed on their website, but I haven't found a place online to order them from

OzarkGunGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
How many hours have you driven the boat @OzarkGunGuy ? Maybe you boat in really rough conditions or something but honestly I thought the articulating rudder does a good job of slow speed maneuvering in addition to using TDE and No Wake Mode. I'm not trying to talk you out of fins, just saying maybe get a little accustomed to the boat handling before spending the money on them. You may find that with practice you don't need additional fins. I've only been out in my boat twice but on the first day i didn't have much of an issue moving around the dock, boat traffic, etc but I've also had jet skis so I'm accustomed to how jets behave. They need thrust to move so do't be afraid to bump that No Wake Mode a few times.

Welcome to the forum by the way!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm pretty good on skis, we have 3 of them, a 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 260LX and 2 Kawasaki 2005 STX-15's. It took me about 15 min at slow speed to figure out that the AR192 drives a lot like them. However, for $200 I'm interested in trying the fins, just to see what I get out of them. Does anyone have a source for graphics for these boats? I'm interested in doing something in a red and grey/black, but the hull design is such, that's it's a bit of a bear finding some.

Thanks

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the welcome. I'm pretty good on skis, we have 3 of them, a 2011 Kawasaki Ultra 260LX and 2 Kawasaki 2005 STX-15's. It took me about 15 min at slow speed to figure out that the AR192 drives a lot like them. However, for $200 I'm interested in trying the fins, just to see what I get out of them. Does anyone have a source for graphics for these boats? I'm interested in doing something in a red and grey/black, but the hull design is such, that's it's a bit of a bear finding some.

Thanks
These guys make graphic kits for the boats. https://www.ipdjetskigraphics.com/yamaha-boat-graphics/

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash yes, it's the 4", mine has been sitting in my garage, keep meaning to install.
However, you do need to bend the metal to make it fit. I just saw over the last week or so, a few people post about the new 3.5" stoltz roller, designed for our shorelander trailers. The Stoltz RP-355, they have it listed on their website, but I haven't found a place online to order them from
Ah I didn't know I would need to bend my winch area in order for it to fit. I'd rather get one that is a direct replacement so hopefully I can find a place online selling the new one.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ah I didn't know I would need to bend my winch area in order for it to fit. I'd rather get one that is a direct replacement so hopefully I can find a place online selling the new one.
A belt sander makes quick work of fitting any 4" roller you want without bending anything.
IPD will be your best bet on graphics. I liked the Smith rollers that West Marine had. Took about 5 minutes with a 000grit belt sander and it rolls smooth as butter.image.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A belt sander makes quick work of fitting any 4" roller you want without bending anything.
IPD will be your best bet on graphics. I liked the Smith rollers that West Marine had. Took about 5 minutes with a 000grit belt sander and it rolls smooth as butter.View attachment 42027
I don't have a belt sander. Did you have to sand the inside, outside or both sides of the metal to make it fit?

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I don't have a belt sander. Did you have to sand the inside, outside or both sides of the metal to make it fit?
Only the sides of the inner roller not the trailer. Sand them equally until the roller slides into place.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I couldn't find anyone selling the new 3.5" bow roller so I ordered the Ultimate 4" and I also ordered the small box anchor from Overton's :winkingthumbsup"

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well I couldn't find anyone selling the new 3.5" bow roller so I ordered the Ultimate 4" and I also ordered the small box anchor from Overton's :winkingthumbsup"
I just got my box anchor... That things a beast.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I wished I would have ordered it earlier this week as I could certainly use it next week at the beach. Oh well I;l just have to make due with the Yamaha anchor and hope I don't have to reset every 5 mins lol.

I also ordered the EZ Lock from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC. Good to have ease of mind with the cleanout plug :thumbsup:

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All..
New to the site and am very impressed on how much great info is being shared.
I've read this topic through all the pages and have some questions of my own.
I have a 14 192 and have read stories about hitting 50.
Fresh out of the box I've only ever hit 42 top end. And that's with only 2 people in the boat.
Now I'm not looking for 50 + miles an hour but a quicker hole shot and better low end would be great especially pulling skiers.
I'm thinking of cold air kit and likely the intercooler change but I don't think I'm suffering from heat loss cause my pissers never piss hot. Luke warm at best.
I'm thinking of impeller change for better low end but I'm gonna take her out again and check rpm.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey All..
New to the site and am very impressed on how much great info is being shared.
I've read this topic through all the pages and have some questions of my own.
I have a 14 192 and have read stories about hitting 50.
Fresh out of the box I've only ever hit 42 top end. And that's with only 2 people in the boat.
Now I'm not looking for 50 + miles an hour but a quicker hole shot and better low end would be great especially pulling skiers.
I'm thinking of cold air kit and likely the intercooler change but I don't think I'm suffering from heat loss cause my pissers never piss hot. Luke warm at best.
I'm thinking of impeller change for better low end but I'm gonna take her out again and check rpm.
Strange, my SX190 on day 1 with full tank of gas and bimini top up got up to 44 mph on flat calm lake. I would think the 192 would do better right out of the box.

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've talked to the dealer and they claim it's normal. And I was almost a believer until I found this site. I knew the supercharged Motor should have more snap.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Get a better intercooler. I was in the same boat as you until I upgraded my intercooler. That's all I have done to mine and it never feels slow anymore no matter how many people of how much fuel.