• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got the new SVHO intercooler in on the weekend. Also added new billet 45° thru hull fittings for the extra line on the new intercooler. Will be out on the water in two weeks( ) and will post results.

Attachments

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Finally got the new SVHO intercooler in on the weekend. Also added new billet 45° thru hull fittings for the extra line on the new intercooler. Will be out on the water in two weeks( ) and will post results.
Looks great, I'm going to do the 4 pissers as well, maybe not at first.

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great, I'm going to do the 4 pissers as well, maybe not at first.
Thanks,
I was skeptical at first to drill into a new boat but was pleasantly surprised how well it went. I used a diamond tip hole saw to prevent chipping of the gel coat. Measured about ten times to make sure the spacing was equal and dove in..
Next up. Ribbon delete.. and try and find ethanol free fuel.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks,
I was skeptical at first to drill into a new boat but was pleasantly surprised how well it went. I used a diamond tip hole saw to prevent chipping of the gel coat. Measured about ten times to make sure the spacing was equal and dove in..
Next up. Ribbon delete.. and try and find ethanol free fuel.
How large is the hole?

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All the fittings are 3/4" outlet so I didn't have to change the bilge line.. The hole I had to drill to accommodate is 1"

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
All the fittings are 3/4" outlet so I didn't have to change the bilge line.. The hole I had to drill to accommodate is 1"
Gotcha thanks, just looking at my list of stuff to do and I think the 4 pissers will be a fall project.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good! I just did the same to mine but used the 1/2 x 45. Not hard to do but I was nervous about drilling a hole in my new boat.

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya I'm happy with how it turned out. Hopefully all the stress about drilling holes in a new boat pays off with the new intercooler.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are the four pissers for? We have two stock, one for the intercooler outlet and one for the engine outlet (I think). I know the upgraded intercooler adds the need for a third outlet, but what is #4 for? I'm going to start working on my install tonight.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
What are the four pissers for? We have two stock, one for the intercooler outlet and one for the engine outlet (I think). I know the upgraded intercooler adds the need for a third outlet, but what is #4 for? I'm going to start working on my install tonight.
#4 is the bilge.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first 3 (1 for the engine and 2 for the intercooler. The one in the back is for the bilge pump. I did it this way.

Attachments

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should have 3 outlets from factory.
1 for bilge, 1 for intercooler ,1 for oil cooler. The 4th is for the extra line in the upgraded intercooler.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Been reading up on modded 1800 super charged skis and wow for not a huge chunk of money they are hitting low 80s. I wonder if anyone has put the time and money into a 192 yet to see what it can really do with 300+HP. Would it hit 60mph with the same sort of mods as a low 80s skis?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Should have 3 outlets from factory.
1 for bilge, 1 for intercooler ,1 for oil cooler. The 4th is for the extra line in the upgraded intercooler.
Ah! I am dumb. I didn't realize you swapped the standard round bilge port for a 45˚ pisser style. I thought I was just seeing an extra pisser.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been reading up on modded 1800 super charged skis and wow for not a huge chunk of money they are hitting low 80s. I wonder if anyone has put the time and money into a 192 yet to see what it can really do with 300+HP. Would it hit 60mph with the same sort of mods as a low 80s skis?
I wonder if it would be possible for a direct swap. Buy the GP1800, remove the engine/pump and put it in the boat, then put the SHO/pump into the ski. I am sure some impeller changes would be necessary, but if all the holes line up, I would think it should be very possible. You would still have a great ski and potentially a wicked fun boat. Anybody have an extra $14k laying around? I could see there being an issue putting that kind of power to the water without really increasing the pump and impeller size on something much larger/heavier than the ski.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You would need the 160mm pump, too. 195.
--

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you get the fittings?

CQQL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. They are the same size as original? So no mod is needed? Just a swap?

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No that part number is for the 3/4" ones.
I went all the same size to keep things uniform. Had to drill out the original size holes up to 1" for these bad boys.
The bilge is already the correct size hole as well as hose from factory, so that one will be a a direct swap.
They likely have the small size as well.