• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its the farthest place in the stern I could get too, had to make a stainless bracket for the pump to sit on since there isn't much to screw down into. I had a customers 192 come close to sinking from a worn out clean out plug seal, the plug was allowing water to flow around the clean out plug and into the rear compartment, while he was running the boat wide open. It was crazy, if you ran at 30 to 35 no water would come up around the plug but if you hammered down and ran wide open the water would come right up around the plug and fill the boat up fast. A new clean out rebuild kit fixed it but scary deal, didn't want it happening to me.
That seems to be the largest hatch I could find and still not have to modify too much, the exhaust hose clamps do start to rust after a few seasons in a salt environment so this was the easiest way to get to them and to work the new tow valve

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After looking at my boat, I don't mind the stock pissers. I have the same color combo, think I'm going to go this route too.

That's an 1 1/8" line right?
Its right at 1", had to use the heat gun to soften up the flex hose a bit, super tight fit otherwise, pushing it over the pumps port. At some point I'll change out the stock blk plastic bilge fitting to match the chrome secondary new fitting ,I used the ADA 1/2" fitting for the intercooler discharge pisser and will change the other engine pisser to the same style down the road too. (wish I could find them in chrome)

Last edited:

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about water flow as well. But that was after they were all installed..
The way I see it.. Less resistance = more heat transferring out.
Time will tell. Will have it on the water next weekend.
Well as claimed by all before and I can confirm now with much happiness, after the intercooler upgrade heat soak is no longer an issue.
Pulls hard out of tight turns even after being out on the water for a couple hours.

Here's what I'm getting on a mild day.
Air Temps +25c water Temps 54°f
3/4 tank of fuel. One passenger.
Pretty sure I'm close to Rev limiter so not sure what else a guy can do to get right up to 50mph

With 3 passengers max I can get is 43mph

Attachments

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I get one person,full tank and no load 47-48. Rpm show 7500 on tac but on digital they show 7250.

it varies never constant.

I just hope when the water and air heat up it will stay the same.

With 3 people about the same42-43 mph . Wish the load would not effect the performance as much.

Love the look and layout of the boat but still disappointed!!!

What were your numbers before and did you look to see what the digital tac read?

Last edited:

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone's else boat turn on a dime to the right but slow when turning left?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Once you get rpms up to the Rev limiter, all you can do is adjust the load on the boat for more speed. I lose 2-3 mph if my 2 small kids sit in the bow. They are maybe 120lbs total. An adult up front drops me to 44mph at best.

Even with a full tank of fuel, I can hit 49 mph with wife and 3 kids if everyone is in the back and weight distributed evenly.

These 19's have so much storage, mine tends to collect unneeded junk. Clean it out, you might lose a few pounds.

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With two people in mine(full of fuel) I'll see 48-49 depending on current, digitial tach will say 7200-7400, I never see above that(that I can remember). The boat has seen 51mph once with just me 1/2 tank of fuel on a lake in slight chop(well not glass).

Good news is the speed is consistent throughout the day, maybe vary 2-3 MPH. To be expected in a river system with lots of no wake zones. Still way better than with the factory intercooler.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With two people in mine(full of fuel) I'll see 48-49 depending on current, digitial tach will say 7200-7400, I never see above that(that I can remember). The boat has seen 51mph once with just me 1/2 tank of fuel on a lake in slight chop(well not glass).

Good news is the speed is consistent throughout the day, maybe vary 2-3 MPH. To be expected in a river system with lots of no wake zones. Still way better than with the factory intercooler.
Have done the ribbon delet yet?

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I get one person,full tank and no load 47-48. Rpm show 7500 on tac but on digital they show 7250.

With 3 people about the same. Wish the load would not effect the performance as much.

What were your numbers before and did you look to see what the digital tac read?
At best before with just myself and a full tank of fu

With 3 people about the same. Wish the load would not effect the performance as much.

Best I was getting prior to new intercooler was 42 by myself with a full tank.
I didn't check digital tac but will next time I'm out.
I was planning on doing ribbon delete next but if I'm at the Rev limit I suppose there is no point.
But time will tell.. I'm still running last year's fuel..

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have done the ribbon delet yet?
I have not, and I don't intend to at the moment. Looks like it's not doing much on the 192's and I'd still like to keep the boat easy to return to stock for warranty purposes.

I ordered all the parts to add the 2nd pisser for the intercooler, but even at that I'm not 100% sure I'm going to do it. Figured with the 2017 boats having them it'll be less noticeable if push comes to shove.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought the rev limiter was 7800

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If that's where the limit is then I still have room to improve. I'm not 100% sure where it is but I'm willing to get right up to it :)

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not, and I don't intend to at the moment. Looks like it's not doing much on the 192's and I'd still like to keep the boat easy to return to stock for warranty purposes.

I ordered all the parts to add the 2nd pisser for the intercooler, but even at that I'm not 100% sure I'm going to do it. Figured with the 2017 boats having them it'll be less noticeable if push comes to shove.
What does the 2017's have that the older ones don't?

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What does the 2017's have that the older ones don't?
Well in what I referring too was the SVHO intercooler stock, so it has 3 pissers.

17's have the bigger intercooler, SVHO engine setup(more boost, different s/c wheel I believe) Also a 160mm Jet pump. I believe it's about 30hp bump but I could be wrong, lot more details in that section

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well in what I referring too was the SVHO intercooler stock, so it has 3 pissers.

17's have the bigger intercooler, SVHO engine setup(more boost, different s/c wheel I believe) Also a 160mm Jet pump. I believe it's about 30hp bump but I could be wrong, lot more details in that section
The only down side to the svho engine is having to run higher octane fuel

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not that I'm going to be upgrading to a 17 but all the info I found shows that it's got the same pump as the 14's and Yamaha even says to use just regular unleaded fuel in it. Just some info for you guys that may be buying or upgrading to the 17's

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not that I'm going to be upgrading to a 17 but all the info I found shows that it's got the same pump as the 14's and Yamaha even says to use just regular unleaded fuel in it. Just some info for you guys that may be buying or upgrading to the 17's
195s have SVHO engines and 160mm pumps.

--

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got that info right from Yamaha. Maybe they are different builds for up in Canada? All I know is I would love a 160mm pump on mine.. :)

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just did a cross reference and you are absolutely right. The 195's come with a 160mm pump.. for anyone south of the border.
Unfortunately for us north of the border the 195's do have the SVHO engine but only the 155mm pump...
Now why the heck would they do that... :(

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone's else boat turn on a dime to the right but slow when turning left?
You know my answer Rick but to others yes my boat turns quicker to the right than left when testing this solo. I think it being a smaller boat weight distribution makes a huge impact on our boats. If my wife and daughter sit in the bow it handles different and is slower because more hull is in the water and they aren't even heavy females combined lol. I try and distribute all my tools, ballast bag, pumps, box anchor....all that crap evenly on the boat but I weigh 230 so no matter what it's going to have an effect on weight displacement unless I get a twin sitting next to me lol. I will test again with another person in the boat and see if it changes to handle more neutral hard turning which I'm thinking it will. Only time I notice the difference is when doing top speed hard full turns but if I'm just casually turning it doesn't seem as different Or noticeable to me. It never even occurred to me until you asked me to test it out heh. Think it's just weight distribution.

Last edited: