• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have not read about anyone having problems. I always run my blower several minutes before starting, and anytime I am at idle speed.

360dart

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So here's the update. Took the boat out to Needles/Havasu labor day weekend. On a cold engine, boat scoots up quickly to bout 53-54mph. As it warms up, it drops off to bout 50-51mph... So basically it picked up 2-3mph. Before the intercooler swap, it would slow down to somewhere bout 47-48mph. Don't know water temps, but it was HOT out there. Somewhere bout 104℉. The intercooler is cool to the touch even after bashing on it all day. So basically, bigger intercooler helped with heat soak, next gonna try a engine cooling kit from Riva or whoever to see if it pics up anymore mph... Plus it can't hurt any. Engine liked being cooler, Hehehe!!!...

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Very nice! That's the cheapest 3 mph you'll ever get out of a boat.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The SVHO has better cooling and a better blower wheel that puts out a bit more boost. The cool thing you can find this stuff on eBay from guys hopping up their skis. All the while retaining the stock look, Hehehe!!!...
Is this a plug and play mod? I would like to keep the stock Yamaha parts and avoid any warranty issue.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have another question. Does anyone know where I can find a gasket kit for the 6ET-13670-00-00 intercooler? I found one and I want to redo the gaskets. It looks as though it is seeping.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
[QUOTE

Yes, completely plug n play...
Thanks for the info. I am trying to find out if I really need this. If you are just pulling a tube or wakeboarder will I have an issue with overheating?

360dart

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
[QUdon't "Rob95 post: 152801, member: 3924"]Thanks for the info. I am trying to find out if I really newithhis. If yoare just pulling a tube or wakeboarder will I have an issue with overheating?[/QUOTE]

I dont pull anything. Never had any cooling issues. With the SVHO Intercooler swap, boat kept top speed without losing MPh to heat soak...

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@SamCF - the thru hull fittings you installed from ada racing, did you have to get any adapters (besides cutting new holes) or are they actually the same size hose ( I saw somewhere else on the forum someone said they had to get them, but not sure if something else was done)? Your setup look great so I figured I would go that route.
I finally found a (almost) new Svho intercooler from a member at geenhulk and I wanted to gather up whatever parts I will need to swap it out, just didn't want to have o make a load of runs after I actually started.
Thanks for the help.

360dart

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't use any adaptors. I used all factory Yamaha parts. Water outlets, hoses, clamps... The other cat on here used them cool look aluminum water outlets. They look great. I just chose to go with the factory look. Unless someone knows what they are looking at, they would just think its a stock SX192....

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is another cat on here?
I saw your setup, it did look great and I couldn't tell it from stock if I didn't know the number of "pissers" these boats have.
I am considering the other ones to add a little color to the boat since it's mostly monotone. Was looking at maybe the red ones, think they will stand out nicely against the dark grey hull, but I think they are thicker than the stock, so I just wanted to check.

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JerryG

NICE! What IC did you go with? Let us know how she runs!
After two years of dealing with reduced speed and rpm within 5min of launching my boat and talking with many and following many forums, I decided to go with the Fizzle with the Tial BOV.

With the new IC, the ribbon delete (flame arrestor) and aftermarket air filter, heat soak is all but gone. With 2 adults, 2 kids and full tank of last year's gas, it maintained 49 gps. I just installed the dedicated water line this week so I have not tested that yet. But will continue to post!

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't had any issues with heat soak yet. It may be an issue with the water temps. I also don't run at full throttle very often. The water has been too rough to sustain speed.

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@JerryG
I want the Fizzle so bad I can taste it. Just haven't been able to swallow the price tag with all my other unexpected expenses lately. I would really like to know if the dedicated water line is an improvement. Thanks for posting! Your install looks real purdy!

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I fully understand! It took me two years and several trips to the local Yamaha dealership before I finally broke down and purchased. Last Summer was the breaking point. Boat fully loaded, out on the lake and the heat soak was so bad I was barely able to do 40mph! I will definitely post the comparison between the stock cooling and the dedicated water line. I definitely had reservation about drilling a hole and honestly if I didn't plan on additional modifications I probably wouldn't. Prior to the IC upgrade I couldn't place my hand under the stock IC "pisser" It would literally burn your hand. Now it's more like a toasty bath water!

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven't had any issues with heat soak yet. It may be an issue with the water temps. I also don't run at full throttle very often. The water has been too rough to sustain speed.
Lake Murray can get into the upper 80s in the summer! And I have a lead "hand" lol