• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX 192 Mods

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
image.jpeg Dry run mock up.... Need one 90 to get her sippin that sweet fresh air. Will also fab a mounting plate using the stock bracket. Frozen boost is the bees knees with tubing and parts. Killer shipping and prices.

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shawn, that looks awesome :winkingthumbsup" Re-route your fogging port so your spraying into the hose connected to the throttle body, The way it is now, your going to end up coating the supercharger wheel with oil, it will hurt performance, All your looking to fog is the valve stems in the head, not the supercharger and intercooler, we don't need oil in there. Don't know why it was installed like that.

Last edited:

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Shawn, that looks awesome :winkingthumbsup" Re-route your fogging port so your spraying into the hose connected to the throttle body, The way it is now, your going to end up coating the supercharger wheel with oil, it will hurt performance, All your looking to fog is the valve stems in the head, not the supercharger and intercooler, we don't need oil in there. Don't know why it was installed like that.
I fogged it once and because of the BOV that stuff went everywhere....
Won't the boost pressure blow the fitting out by inserting it after the SC? You are talking about the silicone hose from IC to throttle body correct?

Also is there a way to clean out what was sprayed in already? I went a little heavy because the motor didn't bog down like normal before realizing it was all blowing out of the BOV.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just ordered one of these. Looks like it will work perfect.image.jpeg

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered one of these. Looks like it will work perfect.View attachment 39461
Nice, that will do it, I have mine in the silicone hose with the same fitting as yours, no problems yet but I like the one you ordered much better than what I'm using. I wouldn't worry too much about what you already sprayed in there, just better off not fogging it that way anymore.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
$8 piece of aluminum bar stock. Solid mounted to stock brackets. Will finish up tomorrow when second strap and fittings get here. 3" pump mounts are the ticket. image.jpeg

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That looks awesome, I ran our boat saturday with 4 adults, 2- 8yr olds, 1 -10 yr old and 2 coolers packed full of beer,soda,ice and food plus all the other crap women bring with them. The boat got up on plane instantly and held 47 mph with no problem, this is the most amount of weight I have had in it yet. Very happy with the outcome, didn't think it would do so well.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That looks awesome, I ran our boat saturday with 4 adults, 2- 8yr olds, 1 -10 yr old and 2 coolers packed full of beer,soda,ice and food plus all the other crap women bring with them. The boat got up on plane instantly and held 47 mph with no problem, this is the most amount of weight I have had in it yet. Very happy with the outcome, didn't think it would do so well.
That's awesome. I didn't get to go out this weekend. Next Saturday can't get here fast enough.

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20160630_195726.jpg
Finally installed my "cleanout/flush/winterizing " setup on the fizzle.
20160630_195716.jpg
Gonna play around with the flow this weekend and see if there is any room for improvement!

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Very interested to see what you find.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a very good and informative thread. I'll be installing an SVHO intercooler soon that I just bought. Curious to see how well it helps out the heat soak. The top speed and rpms drop just as everyone has described. This will be my only engine mod (fix) for now.

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a very good and informative thread. I'll be installing an SVHO intercooler soon that I just bought. Curious to see how well it helps out the heat soak. The top speed and rpms drop just as everyone has described. This will be my only engine mod (fix) for now.
I can't comment much on the svho but as you have probably read, an ic upgrade definitely helps. Mine has completely eliminated my heat soak issue. Latest test was with 7 on board, 100 temp, 90 water and boat did 48 all day long. Only dropped about 2 or so mph with the extra 3 people. Please post your results!20160617_110714.jpg

JerryG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh and as you can see, that was with a full tank of gas!

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The SVHO intercooler will help drastically, You will really enjoy your boat after you install it.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Any findings on your IC valve ? Were you able to play with it at all?

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hey guys, don't mean to hijack the cooling mods but what impeller should I get for my sx192? It cavitates bad!

Do I also need a stainless steel wear ring?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, don't mean to hijack the cooling mods but what impeller should I get for my sx192? It cavitates bad!

Do I also need a stainless steel wear ring?
Why does it cavitate? Is the impeller damaged? cavitation can also be caused by air leaks in the pump transom plate.

Re: OEM wear ring, performance-wise it is as good as SS unless/until it shows galvanic corrosion - the liner can bulge in spots and mess up the clearances. But that happens in salt and in older boats, shouldn't be any worry with yours.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the SVHO intercooler has two water exhaust ports. Nothing new to you guys but why? it only has one water intake and its the same size. The two water exhausts are connected inside the cooler. Correct me if i'm wrong here but I don't see any reason to why I can't "T" the two water exhausts together into one exhaust hose. It'll be the same size water intake and exhaust hose just like the stock intercooler had. I can't justify cutting an extra hole in the hull.