• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx190

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have 2018 SX 190. Did ribbon delete. We cruise at 6k rpm, 26ish mph, great on fuel. Have only done top speed run a couple times, always in low 40’s GPS. We’re at 400 ft elevation, fresh water only. Usually wife and I. Bimini down. Plenty fast for us.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There are members here who took 2019 apart and found it is easily removed by hand. Also you will notice the Riva delete kit uses the same spacer as previous years SHO. The drill bit is only for the SVHO 2018 and later

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the link - I'll give it a shot this week and report back!

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @jEt_jAk for giving me the courage to try the ribbon delete way earlier than I planned. You were right! Not sure why the parts diagram doesn't show it but yes it comes right out just like earlier years. I will try taking the boat out tomorrow to see how much it helps but already seems to idle smoother. Thanks man!

IMG_4405.jpgIMG_4407.jpg

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ha nice. I just wish the AR195 was that easy. :(

Chuckie b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am also disappointed with my 2020 SX190. After breaking in per the Manual I had a very obvious screeching sound I thought was coming from the drive unit, top speed of around 34 mph with two people and minimum gear, and boat was sluggish out of the hole. This is all around 1,296 ft elevation, 90 degrees in So Cal. After being told by the dealer the noise was normal I contacted Yamaha directly and was told ( since noise went away miraculously after dealer visit ) the 2019/2020 Models now have inserts around the impeller so if you have damage in this area you only have to replace the insert, and that this insert has o-rings. some times the o-rings and insert have to seat under full drive load, and time to fully seat. This issue could also have affected boat performance as I heard this sound when hitting throttle hard to get up on plane, then it disappeared. Time will tell! My boat now has 15 hrs on it. I also lost the two cup holder rings on the back of my boat, and had the latch for the Wet Storage/jet clean out hatch break off.
My boats engine noise is also louder then expected and I am hearing this is normal for jet drives. I appreciate all the prior blogs I have read on this site and would appreciate any input and performance mods that might help after my warranty expires. Lastly, I am wondering if all the California Low Emissions requirements are affecting performance?

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
CARB boats definitely will take a hit on performance - 34mph at elevation in 90 degree weather doesn't sound too far off. Would definitely do the ribbon delete might open up CARB boats more. My boat was never sluggish out of the hole though I'd be more concerned about that screeching sound I have never heard of that!

I also lost the cup holder rings - at least they are only like $5 each and a dab of glue has prevented them from coming off going forward.

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all. We’re new owners of a SX190, first jet drive boat we’ve owned. I have a question about the 1.8 liter HO. It was marketed as a 40 mph plus top end boat. 7400 rpm’s and it struggles to hit 32. Two adults and two small children on board. Is this really all it’s got or is something missing? Really disappointed in the performance.
I can hit 38 with 4 adults and weight towards the rear. That’s even with cobras installed.

Dan B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am also disappointed with my 2020 SX190. After breaking in per the Manual I had a very obvious screeching sound I thought was coming from the drive unit, top speed of around 34 mph with two people and minimum gear, and boat was sluggish out of the hole. This is all around 1,296 ft elevation, 90 degrees in So Cal. After being told by the dealer the noise was normal I contacted Yamaha directly and was told ( since noise went away miraculously after dealer visit ) the 2019/2020 Models now have inserts around the impeller so if you have damage in this area you only have to replace the insert, and that this insert has o-rings. some times the o-rings and insert have to seat under full drive load, and time to fully seat. This issue could also have affected boat performance as I heard this sound when hitting throttle hard to get up on plane, then it disappeared. Time will tell! My boat now has 15 hrs on it. I also lost the two cup holder rings on the back of my boat, and had the latch for the Wet Storage/jet clean out hatch break off.
My boats engine noise is also louder then expected and I am hearing this is normal for jet drives. I appreciate all the prior blogs I have read on this site and would appreciate any input and performance mods that might help after my warranty expires. Lastly, I am wondering if all the California Low Emissions requirements are affecting performance?
After reading through this forum I put silicone on all my cup holder rings. I have 15 hours on it as well and can hit 38. 1200 elevation in Ohio with water temps at 70ish. 4 adults with weight to the back. I can’t complain. Even after the cobra install I didn’t notice anything other then faster on plane and very responsive steering. I broke my motor in per manual and haven’t done any other mods. Starting to think I’ve got lucky with mine considering all the complaints I’ve been reading.

Chuckie b

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the response. I have had Yamaha motorcycles before and liked them. I haven’t given up on this boat yet. I have never owned a new boat before and the experience with this one is a little tainted so far. I am glad it sounds like you got a great one.