• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx192 noise under load

disereau

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Hello -

I just bought a new to me 2014 yamaha sx192 with 100hrs. I've never owned a jet boat so asking if this is normal or something else. At low speed just cruising it seems fine, under heavy acceleration the engine seems to vibrate and almost feel like it's struggling until about 35-40mph. Then it clears right up and I can top out about 50ish mph. I checked the clean out and appears to be clean. Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

How is the condition of your impeller? Check the leading edges. Sounds like cavitation

Not sure I reached through the clean out and feel minor burrs on the edges. When I pull it out I'll take a closer look.

Could try cleaning up those burrs and also sealing your intake tunnel. Only happening at certain rpms could mean something is bent or out of alignment.

If the intermediate bearing is going bad it will do that

So I finally pulled the boat out of the water and can see some marks on the impeller so I ordered a new one (back in May). I ordered a wear ring housing as well but its on national backorder (partzilla) and I still haven't received it. Any ideas where I can get one for a 2014 sx192? Pics attached, will pull it apart when I get all the parts and get better pictures.

Attachments

• 20210908_193723.jpg
    20210908_193723.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210908_193258.jpg
    20210908_193258.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Looks like they have them with the plastic replaceable wear ring. I read that's not a great idea for these boats - is that true? Apologize in advance...im new to jet boats.

I run hard on 1800 engines and never have a problem with hundreds of hours so I guess it may depend on who's parts You buy.. Mine work just fine and the dissimilar metal issue goes away as does the pump noises and ringing and the liners are replaceable . So I can only tell you my own experience with their pump sections and it has been excellent, If you know anything about my driving habits I beat the hell out of my skies. and run them in very shallow water like 1 foot W O T and do u turns at top speed a foot from the trees . Log into Facebook Log into Facebook so give them a try they probably have them in stock.

Just took my 2014 SX192 out last night after changing to the plastic wear ring and it's way quieter. It's like a different boat, it was very loud before, I was trying everything to deaden the sound, now it's gone. The old wear ring had a very small faint black mark on it so I guess it was rubbing a bit.

Is it the engine or does it feel like a loss in power from boost? You mentioned noise in the title but what are you hearing? Things you can check aside from jet pump stuff:
  • Air filter condition
  • Intake hoses and clamps
  • Supercharger clutch (does it spin counterclockwise)
  • Spark plugs
  • Condition of fuel (2014 and 100 hours is really low usage and likely only 2-3 fuel fill-ups with those hours)

Last edited:
I havent checked any of those things as of yet, other than fuel...I've ran about 1 tank through over the summer. If I have time tonight I'll take a look at the sc, filter and intake. All good input, really appreciate the guidance!

Back