• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Syncing Audio across multiple boats.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have run across this problem multiple times out at the sand bar not only with my friends but people that we meet. Has anyone found any accessories that will allow you to sync your boat radio with another boat across brands? I know fusion radios can be paired together but not everyone has that radio to include myself. I have gone as far as running RCA cables from my boat to my buddies to do this. With a little research I have found a couple of ideas, the first one is from Wet Sounds which sounds great in theory but looks like it can get really expensive really fast. The second is this little device I found on Amazon that looks like it would work great for 2 boats, however can't seem to find information on the distance of it and would need an adapter to make it transmit the audio from my Iphone. Does anyone else have any other ideas or already have a working solution?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought a set of wetsounds, and bought them used on Ebay, as you are right, they are quite expensive. They work really well, but we hardly ever use them as one boat will usually overpower the rest no matter how often we try to keep everyone at a low level to allow conversations.

My buddy went a bit "overboard" as he is known to do and bought an FM transmitter. This thing must have been straight from China, as it is 100% illegal with the power it puts out. He literally can broadcast over FM for like a mile. It's a bit over the top, but works really well. That's when folks remember that their boat has an FM radio and the remember how to tune it (smile)

We had a party in our yard last year, and were going to broadcast the live band out over our bay with it. But realized, the band up in our yard had the equipment to keep everyone happy in the bay. It worked well. We may try it again this year for the second annual event.

1716990975226.png
1716991077335.png
1716991180886.png

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought a set of wetsounds, and bought them used on Ebay, as you are right, they are quite expensive. They work really well, but we hardly ever use them as one boat will usually overpower the rest no matter how often we try to keep everyone at a low level to allow conversations.

My buddy went a bit "overboard" as he is known to do and bought an FM transmitter. This thing must have been straight from China, as it is 100% illegal with the power it puts out. He literally can broadcast over FM for like a mile. It's a bit over the top, but works really well. That's when folks remember that their boat has an FM radio and the remember how to tune it (smile)

We had a party in our yard last year, and were going to broadcast the live band out over our bay with it. But realized, the band up in our yard had the equipment to keep everyone happy in the bay. It worked well. We may try it again this year for the second annual event.

View attachment 220845
View attachment 220846
View attachment 220848
I am liking the FM transmitter Idea hopefully I can find a DC version thinking around 5-7 watts should do it.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wattage is the question. As broadcasting over FM is not illegal in low wattage forms. But what my buddy has it a total FCC violation and should not be encouraged.

It is similar to the equipment you would find in the last of the Drive-in movie theatres. The ones that upgraded to FM transmission when they got rid of the window hanging speaker boxes.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It surprises me that Spotify or Apple Music hasn't come up with a party mode, where multiple devices could sync up to multiple sound systems.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It surprises me that Spotify or Apple Music hasn't come up with a party mode, where multiple devices could sync up to multiple sound systems.
I think this exists, I think. I know Netflix has a "party mode" or something like that where you can both watch the same movie from different accounts. I think.

With that said @MrBubbaGump I have the WetSounds Units. They work marvelously......when they're charged, and when we all remember them, and when everyone knows how to connect into an 3.5mm audio jack. I used them for the first few seasons, and quickly abandoned them due to complexity and having to be "The stereo guy" at all the raft ups.

Now we just nominate one boat to supply the sound, they get to park "opposite" the raft up. People on the main raft up sit and have conversation, raft up boat has stereo cranked to 11 and covers the area.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Spotify has the "start a jam" feature. I haven't used it but go to your now playing in the app and tap the "current device" in the bottom left. Select "start a jam" at the top and you can invite friends.

Edit:
Looks like if each person in the jam has a premium account, each person can play the music through their own speaker (ie boat).

Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Spotify has the "start a jam" feature. I haven't used it but go to your now playing in the app and tap the "current device" in the bottom left. Select "start a jam" at the top and you can invite friends.

Edit:
Looks like if each person in the jam has a premium account, each person can play the music through their own speaker (ie boat).
Bluetooth gets buffered before playback and each device usually has a different buffers size so it wont be in perfect sync if you use Bluetooth. although streaming also has a buffer so it will end up driving you bonkers hearing the echos from the boats not in sync.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bluetooth gets buffered before playback and each device usually has a different buffers size so it wont be in perfect sync if you use Bluetooth. although streaming also has a buffer so it will end up driving you bonkers hearing the echos from the boats not in sync.
Seems like if we can shoot a tesla into space, we should be able to solve this problem at the sandbar :)

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FM transmitter will be your best bet

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wet Sounds A-Link Plus, it lets us link my boat to three others

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Searching on line this video came up for FM transmitters and based on the info I ordered The ELE brand

It runs on 12V so I will tie it into the boats system and Just unplug it while underway so it doesn't get to much voltage from the charging system

when it comes in I will test it out and post

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, that dude went into uber geekdom mode for a while there! Pretty impressive what he knew. Notice the follow up videos are for "Church Drive in FM Transmitter testing" too funny. As those were popular during COVID.

I have no idea who regulates these things, or if anyone would ever do anything about it. But most of these transmit at a power level that that FCC would have serious issues with. I know my buddies will kill radio stations when he has it broadcasting.

A DC unit is a nice find. That would be perfect for this application. And they are not huge units. Be aware, they do get warm, so don't bury that thing in a real tight space. As you can see, most are assembled in what looks like a heat sink brick shape. They get warm.

Good luck and report back!

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Searching on line this video came up for FM transmitters and based on the info I ordered The ELE brand

It runs on 12V so I will tie it into the boats system and Just unplug it while underway so it doesn't get to much voltage from the charging system

when it comes in I will test it out and post
Awesome report back how that antenna does may get a bnc cable and put an antenna on the tower for better coverage.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tried out the fm transmitter it works amazing. The sound is clear and loud the volume on my phone was at 90% and the volume on the transmitter was 50%, in both the video and the directions it mentions not to go to full transmitting power unless you use a 50 ohm antennae. It was transmitting almost 1/2 mile at 30% power. I was concerned that some of the frequency of the music may get clipped but the multi amp system on the boat delivered deep clean bass to all three subs and clean crisp music with almost no noise unless no music is on. It has a small remote that must have the ability to control an mp3 when it’s plugged into the USB port. To play the music I used my Samsung S21 phone playing Spotify with a cable that has both a charging input and 3.5 mm auxilary output plug, these are available for all phones since none have that port anymore. It still needs to be tried on the boat using the 12v from the batteries for a simple plug into the dash port that has the 12v cigarette lighter port. It doesn’t come with this type of power supply only a regular 110 v to 12v dc wall plug, it’s easy to make a plug to supply the 12v

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score