• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Testing the new wake booster

Onserve212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice wake!
I must say maxing out the throttles surprises me a bit, it must be the pull by the WakeBooster?
Do you ever experience throttle drop like some others reported?

--
Lately, we have not experienced the throttle drop. I do like the idea of putting the custom transom ballast in the center and making the changes to the stock starboard and port ballast. Correction on the last post is moving two people from the rear of the boat to the front. It’s a lot of trial and error. Being part of the forum has definitely helped. Thanks!

Onserve212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another day on the lake. The water has been choppy, but we’ve been adjusting to the conditions. Pretty much the same setup as the previous days (100% on everything). We started adjusting the stock ballast in the rear depending on where people are sitting. The results are about the same.
84CF651D-A382-4407-A66E-F58683CAF2FF.jpeg

CB440713-E0FF-4C3B-9772-3A9C6AE8431F.jpeg

BA88BFF3-CA2D-432E-86B8-6D1C32CBBFB3.jpeg

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think we are getting closer! All 3 tanks at 100%, two adults on the wake booster side with one of them on the swim platform. The surfer is my son who is nearly 6' 4" (just for reference.) Wave height increased as did the volume of water:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we are getting closer! All 3 tanks at 100%, two adults on the wake booster side with one of them on the swim platform. The surfer is my son who is nearly 6' 4" (just for reference.) Wave height increased as did the volume of water:

View attachment 102038
Could he go ropeless? Wave doesn't look big enough. Look clean though.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This was only his second time surfing so he didn't drop the rope. His brother tried but feels he needs to get a bit further forward on his board. We will try again this weekend.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We’ve had huge success going ropeless with the booster for 2-5 minutes at a time. Couldn’t be happier. 6’ 3” and 180 lb.

Setup:
Regular
100% port ballast +100lb steel
50% ski locker
0% starboard ballast +100lb steel
Wet storage port +100lb steel
Swim platform port (drybag) +300lb steel

Wife drives and 3 small kids roaming around the boat and we’ve only been surfing for 8 weeks.

We’ve also found that the extra steel weight is perfect for just our family. Adding more to the ballast seems to kill the clean wake and once we get more people in the boat they have to sit equally front to back as with everyone in the back the wake gets short and high and difficult to surf, at least for beginners.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We’ve had huge success going ropeless with the booster for 2-5 minutes at a time. Couldn’t be happier. 6’ 3” and 180 lb.

Setup:
Regular
100% port ballast +100lb steel
50% ski locker
0% starboard ballast +100lb steel
Wet storage port +100lb steel
Swim platform port (drybag) +300lb steel

Wife drives and 3 small kids roaming around the boat and we’ve only been surfing for 8 weeks.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am interested to see how the booster does behind 19 footers. Using a quality board I can go ropeless with the gantlin bag on our 195. With this it may be even better.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I feel like all the other 21’ and 24’ people with older non compatible WakeBooster boats😡! However I would still not give my 19’ for a a new 19’ as I’m not sure where I would store half the stuff on my boat.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I know I saw this some place, but I cannot find it anywhere. How is everyone securing the Yamaha bumper to the Wakebooster?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know I saw this some place, but I cannot find it anywhere. How is everyone securing the Yamaha bumper to the Wakebooster?
I think it’s just a clip that goes around it in case you drop it.

Philippe

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The bumper have a strap with a clip. We put the strap arround the wakebooster handle to install. Once done, we unclip the strap an trow the bumper somewere in the boat.

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I keep it on while surfing ...just in case. I don't put the pin in because it is so tight and hard to get in and out. So, we just keep the float tied to the booster and tie the other end to the rear cleat and it sits on the side of the boat. will post a pic once the weather gets better

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I keep it on while surfing ...just in case. I don't put the pin in because it is so tight and hard to get in and out. So, we just keep the float tied to the booster and tie the other end to the rear cleat and it sits on the side of the boat. will post a pic once the weather gets better
I’d personally be nervous about not using the pin - I hope “tying to the cleat” is secure because there is a lot of force going on there and hate it to come loose and take out the rider. But that’s just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’d personally be nervous about not using the pin - I hope “tying to the clear” is secure because there is a lot of force going on there and hate it to come loose and take out the rider. But that’s just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Understood, I realize it's a calculated risk...for me worth taking, and respect others methods 🙂

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Better hope that big metal plate doesn’t come loose!! Having it tied off to the boat just sounds like recipe for disaster and a good way to punch a hole in the side of your boat if it were to ever come loose and start wildly flopping around beating the hell out of your boat. I’d rather just use the fender and if it falls off no biggie it would float but for sure wouldn’t just beat the boat up if it were tied to it.

Todd Kyle

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Better hope that big metal plate doesn’t come loose!! Having it tied off to the boat just sounds like recipe for disaster and a good way to punch a hole in the side of your boat if it were to ever come loose and start wildly flopping around beating the hell out of your boat. I’d rather just use the fender and if it falls off no biggie it would float but for sure wouldn’t just beat the boat up if it were tied to it.
Thanks, good input. I think at 8mph we will be ok 😃

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, good input. I think at 8mph we will be ok 😃
8mph is really low on the speed for surfing with the booster. Pretty much same boat and we see the best wake at 10.7-11.3 mph. What have your results been above 8 mph?

Kacper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey, guys so I have a 2019 242 Limited S and I want to surf on it. I'm thinking to get the 50lb bags of steel (1000lb in total) and put them in those back seats storage compartments (shown in the picture). What do you guys think of that will it work will it be a good idea? Or should I put those bags in the ski locker compartment or mix them up? Also with that, I want to get the wake booster to help out the wave. I surf regular (left foot forward). Any insight will be appreciated thank you!

Attachments