• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texas/Oklahoma area Gathering this summer at Broken Bow July 25th weekend

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok y'all, gathering is this weekend! We plan to be on the water before lunch on Friday. Not real sure if we'll check into the cabin when we first get there or not. We'll have our lunch packed in the cooler from home to have on the boat. We're planning on going out to eat on Friday night to the Grateful Head for beer and pizza. Saturday will be breakfast in the cabin and sandwiches packed in the cooler for the boat. For Saturday night I'm anticipating the group gathering at one of our cabins for dinner and more socializing. We were thinking about everyone bring something to grill for their own family and bring a side dish to share with the group. I have a portable gas grill that I'm bringing and will certainly share it with whoever needs to use it. The fancy cabins may have a full size gas grill on there decks that would be handy. We'll be shopping this week with these plans in mind. We are always flexible and will go with the flow of the group.

There is not a super Walmart in this area, but there is a nice grocery store that we have found. I don't remember the name of it, but it's on the way to the park and lake area.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who is coming to Grateful Head on Friday?

I am still waiting for word from the transmission shop. Currently thinking that we will drive in for Pizza on Friday night even if we do not bring the boat.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I plan on dinner with the group on Friday evening.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My plan is to leave Dallas around noon and get there mid-late afternoon and also planning to be at Grateful Head for pizza. I hope to get some time on the water Friday, but it depends what time I get there and when we're all meeting for pizza. Hopefully we can set the pizza time for a little bit later in the evening so those that do take their boats out Friday can have a little more time to get off the water and on to dinner.

I'm also hoping to hang out on the water at least until dusk one day and hope to see everybody's light display :cool:.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Depending on what time Clara gets off work on Friday, we may catch the pizza party if your still there around 7-8pm.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Detonate and I are going to try to leave as soon as we can, but it likely won't be until about 4pm...which will get us to the area around 7:30. So, I guess dinner on Friday depends on our timing....but we'd like to meet up if it works out.

I'm with @maboat and would like to stay on the water until dusk one night (Saturday?) so we can see the lights.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We should be in for Friday night pizza. Think we will be on lake early Friday and we won't leave until Monday afternoon. (Well maybe we will go to the cabin to sleep a bit, but that's it!)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hope to be to the pizza joint by 8:30 but not for sure.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How late are they open?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How late are they open?
Google says 10.

Who will be there first and when? Their website says they do not accept reservations.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We might try to be there around 7. I know Maboat, Ferrell Travis, and Jawsf16 will be in the area earlier in the day and will be on the water with us so we should be able to hit the restaurant at the same time. Most of their seating is outside on a deck and in the yard at picnic tables. They are used to large groups. @txav8r they even have a cigar shop if you're interested. You're allowed to smoke outside.

@Bruce y'all gonna be able to make it with the boat?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PEARCE, we are coming for pizza on Friday. Unfortunately without the boat.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce hope you get your truck issues ironed out soon. Looking forward to hearing about your Bimini trip.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This all sounds great to me. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. I am hoping to be there Friday around noon. However, with last minute things, it might be 1 or 2.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know how that goes Travis. I'm projecting leaving around 7am tomorrow morning and it's a 3-3 1\2 hour trip for us so between 10-11 eta. Jill said whatever time you want to leave we'll be up and ready to go.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It sounds like most people will be at the pizza place Friday night...so we can chat there about more specifics for Saturday on the lake. BUT, just in case someone can't make there Friday night, let's recap the plan. Remember, it's likely cell service will be unavailable for most of us.

Was @maboat's suggested meeting points (below) what was decided on? Also, what time should we decide on? I think somewhere from noon to 1 sounds good.

I've only been there twice and only once by boat. @PEARCE goes there several times a year, so he probably knows it the best. But I did explore the lakea quite extensively when I was there. There are lots of great spots around the lake for scenery and deep water to explore but they are not necessarily great for anchoring get-togethers. My picks for a meet-point are based on relatively flat, shallow coves that are easy to reach coming from the Marina.

The first picture is high-level to get your bearings on the general area. The second picture is a closer view of the area I suggest. I numbered spots 1,2,3 because its hard to pick an exact location depending on the conditions at the time and any other boaters that may be there. I know @txav8r asked for a southern shore because of prevailing winds, but I don't know of a cove on Broken Bow with southern shore that isn't rocky and steep. I don't expect much wind in late July, but the cove in location #1 curves around and has some southern shore if wind/waves are an issue.

View attachment 8115 View attachment 8116

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was nice of her Pearce!

I have the new bunk boards made. Made them last night. Tonight, headed to the lake to put the boat in water, and then put the new bunk boards on the trailer. Hopefully that all goes as planned and we will be ready to go Friday morning to leave.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was nice of her Pearce!

I have the new bunk boards made. Made them last night. Tonight, headed to the lake to put the boat in water, and then put the new bunk boards on the trailer. Hopefully that all goes as planned and we will be ready to go Friday morning to leave.
Awesome Travis! I fixing to ask you if you got it done or not.

@Christy the cell service isn't to bad. Those of us there on Friday will be figuring out the place to be for Saturday. Aren't y'all sharing a cabin with maboat?

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome Travis! I fixing to ask you if you got it done or not.

@Christy the cell service isn't to bad. Those of us there on Friday will be figuring out the place to be for Saturday. Aren't y'all sharing a cabin with maboat?
Yeah, we are....so, we'll just follow him. :winkingthumbsup" I just wanted to put it out there for others who might get there too late to go for pizza on Friday.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know how that goes Travis. I'm projecting leaving around 7am tomorrow morning and it's a 3-3 1\2 hour trip for us so between 10-11 eta. Jill said whatever time you want to leave we'll be up and ready to go.
@PEARCE What route do you take? I assume you'll be coming from Kaufman? I'll be coming from Forney. Of course I google-mapped it already, but since you go there every year, I wondered if you have a "preferred" route.