• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Drunkest State in America is…

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s official:

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ROFL! Half of the cities are here in WI. Hells yea brother! We got that chit on lock down!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Apparently northern part of the US nothing to do but drink...

Yammi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Canadian looking in 🤣

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ROFL! Half of the cities are here in WI. Hells yea brother! We got that chit on lock down!
I bet a lot of it has do with the guys out fishing! Either in their boats or in their ice shelters! :)

Jim

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bet a lot of it has do with the guys out fishing! Either in their boats or in their ice shelters! :)

Jim
I can say that while it would seem like that, I'm in that group at #20, and...um...er... not so much 🤣

My brother-in-law's pond is the closest thing to a fishing hole in my city. We're just a beer city and state that rips it up. NUMEROUS breweries across the state, large German and Polish population that enjoys tipping one or twelve back, and we like to enjoy our cocktails. The interesting thing that's not pointed out is what constitutes a "setting", as 4-5 drinks in one "setting" could be 4-5 hours at the sandbar, and we just don't have a problem admitting (or remembering) that a drink an hour isn't viewed as a problem. If there's a full weekend, that could be a Friday Fish Fry (go Sconnie!) with 5 drinks, a Saturday event of some kind, like Summerfest, with 5 drinks, and a "relaxing" Sunday event like a Packers/Brewers/Bucks game with 5 drinks, which sounds perfectly normal to us (and likely others), but they classify it as excessive.

Anyhoo, ain't no FIB's on that list, drink up you sissies! [flag]

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
p.s. I may have heard of a gathering of Wisconsinites down in Vonore, TN that included a Seattle member who, by day 2, was reported to have said "all those stories are true, you guys are no joke! I think my liver hurts!"

There's a fair number of good ol' boys in other states that can put a hurting on a case of beer too, but I'm guessing their gentlemanliness prevents them from bragging about it. There's also the "gotta keep warm at the game/outdoor thing in crazy temps" factor they don't talk about for us.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I live in between #12 and #20 and boat on the lake/river chain adjacent to #6. Funny thing is I drink way more beer between June and August than I do the remaining nine months of the year.

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@drewkaree To your point, the definition of what is “binge drinking” is totally skewed against drinkers. Most of these “studies” count anything over “2 drinks in one sitting as binge drinking”. It should be drinks per time drinking. An ave of 1 drink per hour should be nothing less than normal.

I found it curious that the study was done in part by the U of Wisconsin. Just how far did they travel for the survey? Seems like home field advantage. 😉

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree To your point, the definition of what is “binge drinking” is totally skewed against drinkers. Most of these “studies” count anything over “2 drinks in one sitting as binge drinking”. It should be drinks per time drinking. An ave of 1 drink per hour should be nothing less than normal. I found it curious that the study was done in part by the U of Wisconsin. Just how far did they travel for the survey? Seems like home field advantage. 😉
I mean, I did find this picture of The Newsroom as they were planning the story

octablong1.jpg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yep, as a life-long sconnie I have many stories of going out of state, particularly to the easter seaboard, and "wowing" the locals with four beers at happy hour and being only slightly buzzed while the nancy boys from the area can barely walk.