• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The midwest "I'm HEADED...."

Rtwill725

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a good time. The park ranger tried to run us off. He said we couldn't camp on Park property or have fires on the beach. He also said we didn't have to leave we just couldn't have tents. Then he told us if the tents were still there when he came back tomorrow he would write citations. So we just broke the tents down by 8 a.m. but it didn't matter because he never came back on Monday.

Edit: I just remembered, because she is the family shutter bug my wife has all the pics on her phone. I will try to get some posted today.104672

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It was a good time. The park ranger tried to run us off. He said we couldn't camp on Park property or have fires on the beach. He also said we didn't have to leave we just couldn't have tents. Then he told us if the tents were still there when he came back tomorrow he would write citations. So we just broke the tents down by 8 a.m. but it didn't matter because he never came back on Monday.

Edit: I just remembered, because she is the family shutter bug my wife has all the pics on her phone. I will try to get some posted today.
They ran me off for a grill once. Said so the grasses don't start on fire. It's a national park the whole shoreline.

Rtwill725

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
According to the NPS.gov map, the property boundary stops at the eastern edge of the power plant and doesn't pick up again until the west side of the ditch.......but I was just told today that the NPS recently acquired that little stretch of beach from Nipsco that goes from about 50yds east of the power plant to the rocks and this map is too old to reflect it. That really sucks! I thought we had a get outta jail free card for endless beach mischief...lol104652

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LOTO Weekend!!!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lake Michigan today! Sorry didn’t have much notice beforehand.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Lake Michigan today! Sorry didn’t have much notice beforehand.
Heading to Lake Michigan Saturday.
All are invited, and I KNOW a few will come!
Looks like the rain will be avoiding MOST of Saturday.
Breakfast for us will be on the boat, lunch grilled on the back, and dinner will be at Quaker Steak.
Anyone wanting to come with we launch from
1200 Marina Way, Portage, IN 46368
Which is called : Sammie L. Maletta Public Marina
We plan on heading to Indiana - Quaker Steak & Lube®
for dinner.
@Rtwill725
@OperationROL
@Brian eilrich
@Yamagirl
@shane hric

Rtwill725

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I doubt we'll be able to make it. Last weekend we left the boat in Monticello. I will talk to the Mrs. and see what she wants to do.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are launching at 9am. This is one of our favorite trips, but we missed doing it last year. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unfortunately looks like I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. Kinda bummed as I was looking forward to another Lake Michigan trip but there’s just too much to do. Still looking forward to a possible Starved Rock to Peoria run in a few weeks though!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Unfortunately looks like I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. Kinda bummed as I was looking forward to another Lake Michigan trip but there’s just too much to do. Still looking forward to a possible Starved Rock to Peoria run in a few weeks though!
All good and hopefully catch ya later! Post up here when you plan on going out and perhaps i will find you!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
20190921_140238.jpg20190921_094629.jpg
Going down the ditch was long and we had a touch of rain but was fun! Dinner was good too. Glad we got to see some of you out there!

Rtwill725

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just stayed down in Monticello. It was cloudy but stayed in the mid 80's all day. The kids did some tubing and we threw the foot ball around at boaters beach. Later we went to see this band called Seldom Told at Whiskey&Wine Saloon. Today is supposed to be in the 80s again with more sun than yesturday. One nice thing about late season boating.......the lake is a lot less crowded...lol105513105514105515105516

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My sentiments as well. It was cool hanging with the crews of @Lawman25 and @Speedling ! My wife asked me why we don't do this trip more. I agree with her.

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone getting out on the water this weekend? Debating with the wife on where the best spot might be given the water levels.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@RampRage and I are planning to be on Lake Lou Yaeger on Sat. That’s a bit of a haul for you guys, though. 😀