• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The midwest "I'm HEADED...."

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Originally we planned on Rend Lake for the weekend, but since Governor Porkchop said only 2 per boat the Army Corps said they were going to enforce it. Looking like local maybe Lake Koshkonong? Lake Mendota in Madison? Water is pretty cold yet, we haven’t had much warmth this year.

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RampRage and I are planning to be on Lake Lou Yaeger on Sat. That’s a bit of a haul for you guys, though. 😀
Yeah, we would consider that a multi-day trip. You guys get much rain down there? We got slammed over the weekend.

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Originally we planned on Rend Lake for the weekend, but since Governor Porkchop said only 2 per boat the Army Corps said they were going to enforce it. Looking like local maybe Lake Koshkonong? Lake Mendota in Madison? Water is pretty cold yet, we haven’t had much warmth this year.
How is Lake Koshkonong?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, we would consider that a multi-day trip. You guys get much rain down there? We got slammed over the weekend.
Definitely! We went out for the first time this past Sat. It was sprinkling as we launched and we said heck with it, let’s go. 15 minutes later we were in a monsoon and headed back to the ramp. Lol

But, we got our first cruise in and all systems are operational. 😀. My yard is a swamp right now.

CAP44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely! We went out for the first time this past Sat. It was sprinkling as we launched and we said heck with it, let’s go. 15 minutes later we were in a monsoon and headed back to the ramp. Lol

But, we got our first cruise in and all systems are operational. 😀. My yard is a swamp right now.
Nice! You had to get a new tower, right?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I saw a FB post from the Corps at lake Shelbyville and they indicated that the corps is federal and they won’t enforce local rules. However, if IDNR shows up, they will be enforcing.

Our local lake is a municipal lake, and they said the same thing. IDNR usually visits us about once a year.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice! You had to get a new tower, right?
I did. Feels like a whole new boat with my bimini installed. 😀 We went nearly all last year hanging umbrellas from the tower for shade.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
How is Lake Koshkonong?
Big, but very shallow. 7 ft is the deepest, it gets down around 2 feet in spots. My folks have a house up there, so we go quite a bit.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I saw a FB post from the Corps at lake Shelbyville and they indicated that the corps is federal and they won’t enforce local rules. However, if IDNR shows up, they will be enforcing.

Our local lake is a municipal lake, and they said the same thing. IDNR usually visits us about once a year.
I’d hate to risk it, there’s 4 of us and Rend is like 5 hours away. My luck is that Memorial Day they’d be out there.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Dixie Highway I drive past Rend every weekend, to get to Kentucky lake/ Barkley. Nothing to worry about there. How far would that be for you?

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was on Lake Springfield last Saturday with 6 POB - no one bothered us and many had more than 2 people. Rained off and on so we cruised a little then sat on the boat on our lift under a covered dock. Rain killed Sunday and the debris running through was excessive. We plan to be there this weekend. 200 miles from home but my daughters house is only 4 miles from the marina. Nice lake but 35 mph limit. Last year after heavy rain was the first time I had to clean debris from the jets. It got choked going under a rr bridge where lots of debris was choked. Losing two engines in a narrow under pass with current was interesting at best! Think the Cobra fins paid for themselves that day!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I've been hearing the IDNR is going to give you a warning and then if you don't play by the rules they will issue a fine. I'll take my kids with us making it 4 on our boat but I won't take other adults with us and if I get stopped on the water hopefully common sense prevails seeing I live with and ride in the same vehicle daily with my family. With all of the rain, our river is flooded and we might be heading to Iowa to go boating.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Dixie Highway I drive past Rend every weekend, to get to Kentucky lake/ Barkley. Nothing to worry about there. How far would that be for you?
KY Lake is like 7 hours. I am almost as far north in IL you can get.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We're headed out on the WI river this weekend.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@anmut what is your forecast like up there?

Walt McCree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was on Lake Springfield last Saturday with 6 POB - no one bothered us and many had more than 2 people. Rained off and on so we cruised a little then sat on the boat on our lift under a covered dock. Rain killed Sunday and the debris running through was excessive. We plan to be there this weekend. 200 miles from home but my daughters house is only 4 miles from the marina. Nice lake but 35 mph limit. Last year after heavy rain was the first time I had to clean debris from the jets. It got choked going under a rr bridge where lots of debris was choked. Losing two engines in a narrow under pass with current was interesting at best! Think the Cobra fins paid for themselves that day!
You'll have to hit me up if you're on Springfield again. We have a slip there and are out there a couple times a week.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for the invite @props2you . Unfortunately we will not be able to make it but please keep us informed of future adventures.

Nickp98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Gonna be a bit chilly in the northern midwest this weekend, but... low winds and sunny skies will help at 65 degrees on Lake Geneva this weekend. Sorry I missed you guys @OperationROL & @Lawman25 last weekend, with water temps at 58 degrees I wasn't staying in too long to walk over and say hi! 🥶🧊

How about?
@buckbuck
@Nickp98
@aarons1k
@dan144k
@Foot55
@Sheboat
@RiverRat
@Brian eilrich
@Dixie Highway
@CAP44
@SCP1
@Speedling
still debating this weekend, with it being a little colder and our home lake is currently no wake.... not sure we will make it out this weekend. We are always up for a meet.

@OperationROL we were at the ramp waiting to get out last weekend and saw you guys pulling away...