• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most of these claims are misleading and many are downright false.

Of course, like every effective spam, often contain a nugget of truth; causing perennial conundrum for the fact checker, and endless opportunities for those who just seek to sow chaos and disinformation.

This dude did not invent mRNA vaccines, BTW, it's a laughable claim. He contributed a paper.

--
You never fail to disappoint my man. You just won me 25 bucks. I had the under 1 hour before you would come in here telling us how stupid this guy is. To the other five guys I take paypal and venmo.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nope. Just thought it was enlightening.
That's the problem with people today they jump to conclusions based on their own bias.
Never said don't get the vaccine (matter of fact I said to get the vaccine in this thread over ten times and capitalized it 5 times) but don't let the truth get in the way.
By the way there are people in hear that say the vaccine is perfectly safe so maybe you should explain the risks to them.
I wasn’t trying to jump to any conclusion. I just didn’t come away feeling any different than I did before.
Maybe I already assumed most of what he’s saying, that there are unknown risks and governments aren’t the most honest with their citizens. Water remains wet and the sky is blue as well.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The CDC is playing a major role in the mistrust of people. Their latest recommendation, which they have now reversed, of people wearing masks who’ve had the mRNA injections cited a pier reviewed study without mention that the study they cited had been rejected. They then disappeared the “rejected” footnotes from the study until they got called out on it. Even The NY Times reported this accurately. If you want people to trust the injections then stop manipulating the info.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
By the way there are people in hear that say the vaccine is perfectly safe so maybe you should explain the risks to them.
The minimal risk is well explained in https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2034577, Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and the relevant publications for the other authorized vaccines.

What expertise do you have that compels you to continually raise such false alarms? Especially since you have clearly written that you are in favor of vaccination?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The CDC is playing a major role in the mistrust of people. Their latest recommendation, which they have now reversed, of people wearing masks who’ve had the mRNA injections cited a pier reviewed study without mention that the study they cited had been rejected. They then disappeared the “rejected” footnotes from the study until they got called out on it. Even The NY Times reported this accurately. If you want people to trust the injections then stop manipulating the info.
I hear you. I don't think the CDCs messaging has been optimal. Makes our job more difficult

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know, I wish we could share more of this info, and more details about it. Due to patient privacy this is already skirting what is allowed. But I think more details and more real stories can drive the point across more than cold numbers. It is just how we humans work I think.
I appreciate patient privacy and appreciate you able to share what you have. For me and many around me, the individual stories are heartbreaking and I don’t intend to diminish those at all, but the statistics tell the story. It’s the same thing with adverse reactions to the mRNA injection so far. There are tragic stories of young adults and kids dying that are terribly heartbreaking however, the numbers of what have been reported so far show minimal risk.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course, it's easy to find their mistakes and judge them harshly, until one walks in their shoes.

--

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nope. Just thought it was enlightening.
That's the problem with people today they jump to conclusions based on their own bias.
Never said don't get the vaccine (matter of fact I said to get the vaccine in this thread over ten times and capitalized it 5 times) but don't let the truth get in the way.
Who says it’s perfectly safe? I think that’s an overstatement. This discussion has mainly focused on benefit vs. risk. Or so I thought

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course, it's easy to find their mistakes and judge them harshly, until one walks in their shoes.

--
Mistakes are understandable and forgivable. It’s hard to see this as anything but blatant manipulation and deceit.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just don't understand people who objectively don't know what they're talking about, speaking like they do? I mean, its not even possible that they think they understand the science, when they're hiding behind misinterpretation of misinformation. Some of the folks here are even getting the conspiracy theories wrong. It's 98% politics, and they're too scared to admit it.

It'd be funny if it weren't so tragic. I suppose what is mildly amusing is that being anti-vax used to be the granola dirty hippie librul thing to do.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I appreciate patient privacy and appreciate you able to share what you have. For me and many around me, the individual stories are heartbreaking and I don’t intend to diminish those at all, but the statistics tell the story. It’s the same thing with adverse reactions to the mRNA injection so far. There are tragic stories of young adults and kids dying that are terribly heartbreaking however, the numbers of what have been reported so far show minimal risk.
Mistakes are understandable and forgivable. It’s hard to see this as anything but blatant manipulation and deceit.
I think the only conspiracy not discussed/ entertained is the intentional misinformation campaign designed to sway people’s minds against the vaccine. Then ramp up the disease and carnage with delta variant as people refuse to get the vaccine. Isn’t bill gates a proponent of population control? Maybe it’s not exclusively the vaccinated that are being coaxed as pawns?

Last edited:

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He is a troll.

--
Thank you for your learned opinion. Here is mine.
You are a bloviating blow hard well practiced in the art of self flagulation.

Always wondered why this guy was allowed to impugn, belittle, disparage, deride, discredit, mock, and ridicule members on this site with impunity.

Four years ago my son was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy which provided a strong motivation to improve my understanding of biology. Dr. @swatski was a huge help with that.
Makes complete sense now.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s hard to see this as anything but blatant manipulation and deceit.
Both understanding and conditions have frequently changed during this pandemic.

When viral prevalence is low masking and distancing are less needed.

When viral prevalence is high masking and distancing are imperative.

If herd immunity had been reached masking and distiancing would be less needed.

Since we threw away that opportunity masking and distancing are coming back.

Vaccines were always going to become less effective as the virus mutated. Fortunately they still are working quite well.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Always wondered why this guy was allowed to impugn, belittle, disparage, deride, discredit, mock, and ridicule members on this site with impunity.
Makes complete sense now.
Quite simply, Dr. Swat is an expert in immunology, viruses and clinical study with decades of experience. However gruff, he is right.

In contrast you present harmful wacko conspiracy theory content. You are doing fine work to harm our wonderful country furthering the interests of our adversaries.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Who says it’s perfectly safe? I think that’s an overstatement. This discussion has mainly focused on benefit vs. risk. Or so I thought
It was not a rhetorical question.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is whats known as the "Greater Good Doctrine". They know there will be deaths and injuries with the vaccine. That is an acceptable risk for the government because of the greater good. If 300 million people get the vaccine and perhaps 100 people have serious injury or death (just an example not the actual number) the greater good will have been served. I could even agree with this doctrine if the facts were not being hidden from the public. Mention anything negative about the vaccine and the post or video will be scrubbed from the internet in record time. You can try it if you do not believe me. Is this the society that anyone whats. Who decides who is the arbiter of the truth. I don't know who that is do you?

If the government can force your to get the vaccine where does it end. What happens if they decide that you can only have one child and you must abort any other children. For years the policy of china.
People think I am anti vaccine but I am pro rights.

See if you can figure out where this text comes from and maybe read the rest of it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If 300 million people get the vaccine and perhaps 250 thousand people have serious injury or death (just an example not the actual number) t
There is both study and public vaccination data. Your "example" is an incredible exaggeration.

Please provide credible information in future posts. Intentional disinformation is harmful.

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quite simply, Dr. Swat is an expert in immunology, viruses and clinical study with decades of experience. However gruff, he is right.

In contrast you present harmful wacko conspiracy theory content. You are doing fine work to harm our wonderful country furthering the interests of our adversaries.
Wow delusion much. What adversaries do you speak of. Am I Chinese, Iranian, North Korean, or God forbid Episcopalian.
Spoken just like a person who sends other men's children to war while he hides in the basement. I will send you my DD-214 when you send me yours. Lets compare my tours putting my life on the line for this country and then we can match them up to yours.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow delusion much. What adversaries do you speak of. Am I Chinese, Iranian, North Korean, or God forbid Episcopalian.
You might want to open your eyes a little and consider whose work you are furthering.

Personally I find your harm to America to be despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.