• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This looks pretty effective and it won't rip your pump off

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1skgy2.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This thing is a non starter for me. If I recall the wakebooster only works on boats 2016 and newer. While it is slick, Yamaha forgot about the vast majority oh jet boat owners by limiting its use to only select years. And has anyone heard a cost yet? I also don’t need the board and rope, why would they make you buy it if you’re not going to need it?/
I believe @ttzz addressed that question

IndySmittyYammi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can’t wait to see what a combo of the Jet Boat Pilot Wake Thrusters and the Yamaha Wake Booster can do. I’m also pretty excited about the board. I just like the way it looks.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well in my world knowing how many times people have contacted me to tell me that my competitor has maligned my systems and made statements that say my steering will rip your pump off year after year and if you know what I know about this and just look at the nonsense about the lateral thrusters supposedly not being compatible with my system and the excuse of an excuse that was given etc .
When someone throws those stones I believe you should defend yourself.
I honestly believe the wake steering caper is going to self destruct at best.
I believe that just like the past issues of water spray problems, the reverse rubbing, the controls vibrating, all past issues someone is going to be disappointed .
Now let me say that I too am looking forward to the day those hit the water. So I have good reason to defend my products .
Time will tell, after all I was correct about the bottom bolt falling out of the lateral thrusters if it was not installed correctly,
I was correct about the original cross bar no the original thrust vectors not being strong enough.
I was correct about the thrust vectors causing the reverse hood to vibrate the controls.
I was just as excited about the attempt to make steering for P W C's and the true locks did not disappoint me either.
Perhaps if people would stop and look at the entire picture things would be different I think You should get the drift. I have been around a while and I believe in defending myself and my products I actually call the rip your pump off crap the BIG LIE just like THE JET BOAT FEEL and the CUT YOUR FEET OFF guess where those sales pitches came from.
So you can be sure that if these things fail as I suspect they will I will make sure people know. If he earns it I don't want to cheat him out of it.
I have been on this planet for 66 years I stand my ground and get the job done. So happy new year! And by all means pick your poison carefully.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This thing is a non starter for me. If I recall the wakebooster only works on boats 2016 and newer. While it is slick, Yamaha forgot about the vast majority oh jet boat owners by limiting its use to only select years. And has anyone heard a cost yet? I also don’t need the board and rope, why would they make you buy it if you’re not going to need it?/
With a little plywood, fiberglass and epoxy supplies, a few hardware odds and ends one could probably make there own version for under a hundred bucks.

ETA and you’d need a scrap piece of EVA foam or similar.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If I recall correctly the person who posted the video actually said basically the same thing and that it would cost very little to do . This actually surprised me since most dealers would probably never say this, so good for him.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well in my world knowing how many times people have contacted me to tell me that my competitor has maligned my systems and made statements that say my steering will rip your pump off year after year and if you know what I know about this and just look at the nonsense about the lateral thrusters supposedly not being compatible with my system and the excuse of an excuse that was given etc .
When someone throws those stones I believe you should defend yourself.
I honestly believe the wake steering caper is going to self destruct at best.
I believe that just like the past issues of water spray problems, the reverse rubbing, the controls vibrating, all past issues someone is going to be disappointed .
Now let me say that I too am looking forward to the day those hit the water. So I have good reason to defend my products .
Time will tell, after all I was correct about the bottom bolt falling out of the lateral thrusters if it was not installed correctly,
I was correct about the original cross bar no the original thrust vectors not being strong enough.
I was correct about the thrust vectors causing the reverse hood to vibrate the controls.
I was just as excited about the attempt to make steering for P W C's and the true locks did not disappoint me either.
Perhaps if people would stop and look at the entire picture things would be different I think You should get the drift. I have been around a while and I believe in defending myself and my products I actually call the rip your pump off crap the BIG LIE just like THE JET BOAT FEEL and the CUT YOUR FEET OFF guess where those sales pitches came from.
So you can be sure that if these things fail as I suspect they will I will make sure people know. If he earns it I don't want to cheat him out of it.
I have been on this planet for 66 years I stand my ground and get the job done. So happy new year! And by all means pick your poison carefully.
Always a novel-length justification post with this guy.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Jed Pearman
Wonder what the cost is and if it will fit on older 230?

Manage

· Reply · 5d

Leonard Maraist
Jed Pearman if you buy poly boards on amazon you can make one for about $40! Yamaha has only made one for the current 21’ and 24’

Manage

· Reply · 5d

Jed Pearman
Leonard Maraist yeah, I have seen the one the other company is making.

Manage

· Reply · 5d
View more replies

Write a reply...

Sean Carroll
Can this be switched to the starboard side as well for us goofy-footed surfers??

Manage

· Reply · 5d

Ryan Kerr
Sean Carroll yes
Manage

· Reply · 5d

Leonard Maraist
Sean Carroll yes it has two quick attach positions for goofy ( my side) or regular ports side! It’s the fastest attach system I’ve seen.
Manage

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Very childish, I see this web page is having the same issues so many others have, It's pretty sad ,Try to grow up a bit . I actually contribute to this site and thousands of posts for many years on the previous site . I will be happy to refer questions in the future to you so you can impress the members with your intellect if you wish.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's this by chance same dimensions as Yamaha?

I was wondering if the height of the plate that scoops the water needs to be at a precise depth in the water to achieve the best wake.
No it's just loosely dimensioned without going in the garage to take measurements. Just something I threw together to show how to make one like the Yamaha version.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I can’t wait to see what a combo of the Jet Boat Pilot Wake Thrusters and the Yamaha Wake Booster can do. I’m also pretty excited about the board. I just like the way it looks.
Here is what the guys at slingshot said about the Yamaha custom board they helped create for what’s it’s worth:
“coasts like a dream, anywhere, any time and behind any boat. Hence the name The Coaster … it just keeps going. You can get farther back behind the boat than any other model we’ve ever ridden.”

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is what the guys at slingshot said about the Yamaha custom board they helped create for what’s it’s worth:
“coasts like a dream, anywhere, any time and behind any boat. Hence the name The Coaster … it just keeps going. You can get farther back behind the boat than any other model we’ve ever ridden.”
https://www.slingshotsports.com/2019-Coaster

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We should open source design one that anyone can make ;)

Draw it in sketch up and anyone could print out templates.

Heck, one made out of plywood and Titebond 3 would probably last a season. Paint it with some exterior house paint you might get two or three seasons out of it.

@haknslash I’d suggest moving the yellow piece to the outside edge of the red piece. That way if someone wants to make it out of wood or a plastic composite material they can screw it together to form the curve while the adhesive cures.