• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

This ONE FEATURE on new models alone is making me want to upgrade ...

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BUT .. other than that why ?!? .. 2013 SX 240 ..

1) my boat is fully paid for
2) my boat is super light compared to all new models look up specs ( faster ) more agile .. with SAME MOTORS . ( twin 1.8s )
3) my boat has throttle by cable ( which many prefer )
4) I have custom made my own seat hangers for about 10$ with string and 1/2 pipe clamps brackets ( it works so well that i can drive my boat at top speed with seats up ( battery and cooler seats ) hinges lol, .. big deal
5) have custom added my own fresh water storage tank/ for shower and spray down with a sea flow pump and clean new 6 gallon fuel tank for water only . with a custom mounted carpeted built wood shelf with rubber bungies ( simillar to water box straps ) hidden nicely tucked into back of cooler compartment wired with a helm switch on/off.. which can be filled directly under the starboard cup holder where cap is directly under .
6) have a garmen gps unit in box in garage ( yet to be installed ) waiting on finding the best bracket holder i like )
7) have all cup holders dual function as rod holders / stainless
8) have built a custom fishing rod holder rack and tackle box holder in the battery compartment with strong foam backing to protect reels from swinging
9) have installed a flush mount plug in port battery charger, charges both batteries with a simple plug in outlet custom flush mount installed . unit mounted in battery compartment
10) all custom stainless air vents mounted throughout boat ( under seats , and anywhere that is beneficial to vent air
11) have installed k/n filters with ribbon deletes ( definite RPM increase and throttle response )
12) Have sport cones installed ( similliar to lucky 13 but not adjustable ) definite onto plane time faster
13) brand new housings and impellers ( hard to get parts at this time )

So why !! would I ever trade it in or sell for a newer model and shell out extra $ almost more than double what i paid for it and prob get a note who knows...

is it gps digital perks , NO is it seating Lay out NO , is it the transom walk through new design NO , is it new design NO .....

IT WOULD BE THE 75 GALLON DAM FUEL CAPICITY !!! you could long range so easy with no worries .... IE florida to bahamas ... or where ever long range ! and not have to worry about fuel stations

Last edited:
If I needed 75 gallons of fuel often I would consider the upgrade. Otherwise I’d buy five 5 gallon fuel cans and transport them on the swim deck or in the ski locker.

I agree with Ronnie. My MR-1s are great on fuel (for a boat) and the only time it really sucks a lot is when I’m pulling tubers and wakeboards. Even still, I never find fuel capacity to be a problem.

I have a 2018 WaveRunner with the 1.8L and the other day we put like 2.5 hours on it and used a quarter tank of a fuel. A good bit of that was high speed thanks to my nephew as well.

How often are you finding fuel to be an issue? Maybe you travel long distances frequently?

I agree with Ronnie. My MR-1s are great on fuel (for a boat) and the only time it really sucks a lot is when I’m pulling tubers and wakeboards. Even still, I never find fuel capacity to be a problem.

I have a 2018 WaveRunner with the 1.8L and the other day we put like 2.5 hours on it and used a quarter tank of a fuel. A good bit of that was high speed thanks to my nephew as well.

I have twin 1.8s ....( not the wimpy Mr-1s lol .. j/k ) never run into fuel issues but have plans to make some long runs future

With how much used ones are selling for you could probably break even lol. Honestly though I wouldn’t take 100k for my boat as the new ones are having all kinds of problems. Nothing like worry free and making memories daily! I say keep yours :)

Last edited:
So your stock tank is 50 gallons… with a 10% reserve that’s 45 gallons. I have no frame of reference for your mpg, so just using 2 mpg that gives you a range of at least 90 miles. I’m with @Ronnie in that a few 5 gallon cans of fuel on the swim platform is a lot less than a new boat. I have some long distance trips planned for this summer and may put a temporary uscg approved fuel tank under the helm seat and move the carry on cooler to provide a foot rest while driving.

How long are the trips you have planned?

BUT .. other than that why ?!? .. 2013 SX 240 ..
As mentioned, unless you're running to a place that doesn't have fuel or no fuel at your slip, why do you need the bigger tanks? Sure bigger tanks is nice, but even my 212s with a 50gal tank should make the bimini run there and back without issue (50 gallons at 3mpg = 150 miles). I've done long runs at cruising speeds of 25-30mph and can easily reach over 100 miles into a head wind and seas with 15-20% left. Bimini is roughly 55 miles, Bahamas about 90. Fuel up there and return shouldn't be an issue unless you're racing across and sucking back the fuel. But even poker runs aren't that frivolous with fuel.
:D
But if fuel economy is your main priority, you need to look at a boat with a mid-size outboard as I believe they tend to have the best economy.

I would upgrade just for hinged seats! Hate the pop out seats.

A couple twenty gallon fuel tanks aren’t that big. There’s gotta be a hidden space or two you can repurpose. Start measuring and grab the sawzall.

Last edited:
A couple twenty gallon fuel tanks aren’t that big. There’s gotta be some hidden space or two you can repurpose. Start measuring and grab the sawzall.

This is where I was headed.

I've always had the idea to add these to the base of the tower if fuel usage was a concern....Taking a page from the Overlanding crowd and just taking extra fuel with you via removable canisters that are easy to mount and use.

There is a local guy with an I/O bowrider that wakerboards a lot. He got tired of the boards sitting on the floor, but couldn't fit a tower because of garage clearance. He really liked the boat otherwise. He had a single rail mounted on the gunwale that he then mounted a standard wakeboard rack to. Looks REALLY slick, fits in his garage, and got his boards off the floor. I'll try to get a pic the next time I see him......Something like that would work great here. Have to think outside the box a little; maybe get a local fabricator to create that gunwale tube for mounting for you. However I can easily see adding one to each side, and (2) 5gal Rotopax for an extra 20gal of fuel that doesn't take up a ton of space and is easily removed for when you aren't doing the long distance stuff.

Just some thoughts to help you spend your money :D :D

Back