• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not yet, wife had to fulfill her weekend requirement at work last weekend, and we have kart racing this weekend so I wont get back out until the 21st.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I sink the ass end of my boat anytime we are in a cove so that the swim deck is under water or at least closer to it. Once I add a ladder it won’t be necessary. For the time being it works and make me look less like a sea lion trying to hop on a dock lol.

View attachment 147599
I think you had posted some pictures in the past where the swim deck was like 4-5” above the water with the boat sitting floating. Also saw some other boats online showing the platform several inches above the water..This had me a bit worried...

Had our 21 Max out yesterday and the swim deck was right at water level (slightly in the water) ...no added weight to the boat (actually hardly anything in the boat)...just the wife and our two kids.

I don’t think Moomba would have lowered the swim deck on the 21 models?!

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have had our 21 Mojo out the last few weekends and sinking the swim deck has worked well for the kids to get back in the boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Brad460 interesting. Next time you’re at your boat measure this distance and I can check with mine this weekend. As you can see on mine about the middle of the swim platform is inline with the lower hull body lines.

444AB12F-1EFF-4910-BCAA-0E0A6F2847C1.jpeg

Last edited:

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Brad460 interesting. Next time you’re at your boat measure this distance and I can check with mine this weekend. As you can see on mine about the middle of the swim platform is inline with the lower hull body lines.

View attachment 150418
I have a distance of 20” from the top on the swim platform to the top of the Seadek on the first step (where your arrow is pointing too)...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are hitting the lake Saturday so I’ll let you know once I get to the storage unit.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a better day today. Moved 150 pounds under each rear bag. Left 100 under each long seat. Filled the bags all to 100. Bleed out the rear bags, prolly 10-15% air. Was able to get the bow up, and now it’s a little too high at 9.2-9.9 depending on when you looked at it. After the end of the day I moved 50 from each rear locked back to the midship seat. I might have to move them up front.
I started to play with the stars board plate to get my roll at -2. I had to go all the way down to 35-40 to get it there. I’m thinking I need to move weight from port to start board and bump that back up to 60-65? Or does that not matter as long as the roll is correct?

the way face seemed very white washed with no real curl when I was riding and I don’t know what to do to fix that. Also seemed like it didn’t have a ton of push as the sweet spot was pretty small.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have no experience with your particular boat but I know that on mine, a washy surface with not a lot of push almost always means I need to go faster. Or I have too much "device" in the water, whether that is my center tab or the GSA plates pushed down too far. On my boat, the wave gets better and better as speed climbs, up to about 12.8 mph, at which point the wave is truly awesome. Above that, it starts to flatten out a bit.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you surfing regular or goofy? If regular your surf tab should be in the 60-70 range. If you surf goofy surf tab should be in the 65-75 range. Due to prop rotation the goofy side will have a different wave shape than the regular side and will also run a different roll values. Center tab should be 0-10 if you have stock ballast and maybe up to 30 if you’re really heavily ballasted. What speeds and are you gps or paddle wheel? Have you verified speed first using an app? For regular wave I think roll is -1.5 and goofy is -2.5 or -3 (can’t remember). You can find the default values in your Autowake settings. Those are good solid numbers to try and achieve and then experiment once you understand what your boat likes and understand the system more. When I first got my boat the first season I had all sorts of changes I’d do wrong and shit until I slowly started to understand what the boat liked and what others were doing.

You should not be needing to only run 35-40 on the surf tabs. You got something messed up with your setup. Any pics or vids? The Supra and Moomba hulls don’t want to run bow high like an Axis or Malibu for the surf wave. Keep the pitch in the 8-9 range as they like to use the majority of the hull to make the wave and not just the ass end. They like to plow. Sounds like you need to add some to the bow. The further out from the center of boat the greater the effect the lead plays into the wave.

We are finally getting on the water tomorrow!!! Hoping to test out the new ballast upgrades and fins.

Last edited:

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We surf regular. I assume it’s gps based being a 2021 mojo. I will try it moving the surf tab back to 60 or 65 and see what that does. I have already moved 100# from under the stern bags to the midship, I will likely throw it up in the bow tomorrow. I am going to shoot for 8.5 pitch and see how much that helps.

I will also play more with my speed. I was doing 11.4-11.8 today. I dropped it to 10.8 and it was worse so I went back up.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully this vid below helps ya. When he says 100% surf plate I think he didn’t mean the way it came out. Don’t run 100 as that just lifts the boat out defeating ballast. For Moomba’s the recipe for the most part is universal between models. Try -1.5 to -2 roll, pitch 8 to 9 degrees, speeds 10.8 to 11.8 mph, surf plate 65, smart plate 0 to 10 and wave should be legit with your 1,000 lbs extra lead. To see if you have GPS it would show zero off lit up on the dash and selectable.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We do have zero off. Wife forgot to put it on once, that was a fassstttt 18 mph before I let go.

I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got one session in this morning with the rain. Moving the lead got me 8.8 pitch and -2.1 roll. Surf tab 60. Wave was much better. Now I just need to play with speed and learn how to surf since I really have no idea what I am doing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got to test out my ballast venting and aside from cutting the ever living hell out of both my hands from installing shit the additional vent and check valve work like a champ. bags filled great and drained much better (they prune very tight now). I don‘t like some of the angles of tubing so I’m going to change it a little next time im at the boat but overall really happy with the venting!

New Chaos fins were night and day from my Futures!! Unreal how much more alive the board is now. My back quad was burning so bad from having to stay on the brakes a lot or run into the boat lol. So much more drive and I left the little nubster fins in. Yea you’re not going to do a 360 with all 4 in lol. However they allow to carve and push off the wave very nice so I’ll keep them in for another session or two and then see how I like it without. I was able to surf ropeless for as long as my legs would allow lol. It’s all coming together now! Videos and pics coming soon. Very happy with the Chaos fins. My only regret is I didn’t get them sooner.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got the boat back from the first service, going out today to figure out the surf wave. I wasn't planning on having anyone try and surf today, I want to try and learn the boat. But my daughter asked if we were going to try and surf and I immediately changed my mind, what makes a better guinea pig than a 21 year old?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some video from yesterday. Found a great low key surf spot on the lake with minimal traffic all day! Don’t mind the strange scar on the lip of the wave in some clips. Changed the surf plate by accident throughout the runs lol.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some video from yesterday. Found a great low key surf spot on the lake with minimal traffic all day! Don’t mind the strange scar on the lip of the wave in some clips. Changed the surf plate by accident throughout the runs lol.

Looks like your best riding yet! 🤙

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yessir it was. I'm slowly getting more comfortable doing this thing :thumbsup: . I woke up sore as hell..... I'm so out of shape :D

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Playing around in the bins to bleed the air out of the bags makes me want to move the vent from the bottom to the top and just run the line straight out the ports in the back bypassing the sensors to turn off the pumps.

Each time I filled up I still had 10% or so air in the bags. There is also room to add another foot of height to those bags so hopefully wakemaker comes out with bags this summer. I would lose the trays but I’m not sure that’s the end of the world. I only keep ropes in there now. Or I guess I could do 150-200# sacs on top fed through one of the top ports.

I think we need another 500-600# when we don’t have anyone else in the boat with us, and I want to do it with sacs vs more lead.

B64994CF-A352-4A31-95F4-EA5AD5767852.jpeg

Last edited: