• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ran out of time yesterday to finish the rear overflow vents but I did finish the midship and check valves. They worked great! You can see them burping on their own as the bags are filling :). I need to make a few slight tweaks to clean it up and change some of my tubing routing but it is working as intended and will only get better once I move the rear overflow from the bottom to the top.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ran out of time yesterday to finish the rear overflow vents but I did finish the midship and check valves. They worked great! You can see them burping on their own as the bags are filling :). I need to make a few slight tweaks to clean it up and change some of my tubing routing but it is working as intended and will only get better once I move the rear overflow from the bottom to the top.

does your midship fill from the rear? Would you need to move the rear vent to the top or does it fill from the bottom of the rear bag?
I really want to move mine and I think I could do it easily as the rear discharge clip is accessible from the rear locker.

Do you have the water sensor cutoff still inline? I need to go back and watch your install video again.

Chris

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
does your midship fill from the rear? Would you need to move the rear vent to the top or does it fill from the bottom of the rear bag?
I really want to move mine and I think I could do it easily as the rear discharge clip is accessible from the rear locker.

Do you have the water sensor cutoff still inline? I need to go back and watch your install video again.

Chris
Yup the midship bags have two fill/drain lines at the bottom piggybacked off the two ports on the bottom front of the rear bags. In 2019 Moomba changed how the overflow is ran. They all fill and drain from the bottom of the bag and use the ballast sensors in-line of the overflow. I still have my sensors and I didn’t get the false trip once I added the overflow vent for the midship. I’m not sure what would happen if you unplugged them. My concern would be computer dash telling me the sensor was bad which it does have a code for that. You could try it though and see what it does. My dealer has hinted they may be going away from the sensors.I would of swapped my rear overflow from the bottom to the top to complete the setup but I was getting tired of working on it in the shop yesterday instead of on the water lol. I will change it up soon enough but for now it’s much better than stock. Drains so much better with the check valve which I recommend even if you don’t change the overflow. My bags have never drained better! They are complete flat prunes when done like I vacuum sealed them lol.

Here is how I tied in my rear bag overflow to the midship overflow then down to the check valve and finally out the boat. The idea of putting the T like that instead of like T to tie in the rear and midship bags inline was I didn't want a cycle of the midship back-flowing into the rear bag or visa versa. The way I have it is kind of like a waterfall for each overflow bag to dump down into the check valve. Seems to work great and my backs have never drained as tight and empty as they do now.

Here is what I made outside the boat where it's easier to work and then trimmed it to fit once inside the compartment...

Last edited:

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got to test out my ballast venting and aside from cutting the ever living hell out of both my hands from installing shit the additional vent and check valve work like a champ. bags filled great and drained much better (they prune very tight now). I don‘t like some of the angles of tubing so I’m going to change it a little next time im at the boat but overall really happy with the venting!

New Chaos fins were night and day from my Futures!! Unreal how much more alive the board is now. My back quad was burning so bad from having to stay on the brakes a lot or run into the boat lol. So much more drive and I left the little nubster fins in. Yea you’re not going to do a 360 with all 4 in lol. However they allow to carve and push off the wave very nice so I’ll keep them in for another session or two and then see how I like it without. I was able to surf ropeless for as long as my legs would allow lol. It’s all coming together now! Videos and pics coming soon. Very happy with the Chaos fins. My only regret is I didn’t get them sooner.
@haknslash I have Doomswell Neo coming this week. Should I try and surf with the Futures for a bit or go straight to the Chaos fins?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Honestly I’d swap them but it would be a good idea to try them before swapping to Chaos just so you can gather data and compare how they both feel. I’ve had two Doomswell boards (Nubstep and Neo) and they both had the Futures F3’s on them. They both felt slow compared to the Chaos flares. Not just in drive but all around slow to react. The boards are great and nice quality but the fins just seemed meh in terms of generating power and drive. I didn’t remove the Nubster fins either which I immediately did once I rode with the Futures. I’ll try it as a twin next time out but I didn’t have any complaints running it as a quad unlike running a quad with Futures. Strange how a few millimeters here or there and different shapes can make such a big impact. Let me out it this way....I don’t know of anyone who swapped fins with Chaos, Blackstix etc ever go back to the stock Futures. I would order some to try and if you don’t like them you won’t have an issue selling them.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@cozilla do you keep your mojo at your house by chance? If so can you take a pic of the rear locker so I can see the through hull connector and the hose?

I have 3 ideas, one is to use the WakeMAKERS 1-1/8" Double Quick Release Fitting quick connector adaptors and move the vent from the bottom to the top of the bag and just add an extender hose then clip into the current vent hose. I would need that adaptor 2 additional 90* connectors and 2-3' of hose for each side.

Second idea is to leave the bottom hose attached and then T into the vent line before the sensor and run another line to one of the top ports. I would need a threaded fitting, 90* quick connect and then the T and 2-3' of hose.

Third idea is to unhook the current vent hose all together and run a new line from the top out the side of the boat, leaving the line sensor plugged in, but not actually hooked up to anything so it wont trip the pumps off. I will manually have to turn on and off the pump, but I don't see us using autowake anytime soon so that might not be an issue. I guess depending on how much line there is I could still use the sensor if I wanted later on.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 I keep it on a lift here in my neighborhood marina. I can roll down there around lunch and take some pics. I like the ideas. We used Autowake over the weekend with 500#s of lead evenly placed in the rear lockers and midship. We had 5 adults and 2 kids under 6. Autowake keep all ballast close to 100% and we were hitting numbers (~9* pitch and roll based on the side we were surfing). I would probably lean toward either option 1 or 2.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 I keep it on a lift here in my neighborhood marina. I can roll down there around lunch and take some pics. I like the ideas. We used Autowake over the weekend with 500#s of lead evenly placed in the rear lockers and midship. We had 5 adults and 2 kids under 6. Autowake keep all ballast close to 100% and we were hitting numbers (~9* pitch and roll based on the side we were surfing). I would probably lean toward either option 1 or 2.
That would be awesome if you have a chance. I know it takes a minute to pull the pin on the hinges to get the tray out if you have them. I like the second option the best to be honest, it would allow the burping of the water to flow back down the original vent line and the air to go out the through hull side. I just need to see if there is enough room to add a T in the hose.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That would be awesome if you have a chance. I know it takes a minute to pull the pin on the hinges to get the tray out if you have them. I like the second option the best to be honest, it would allow the burping of the water to flow back down the original vent line and the air to go out the through hull side. I just need to see if there is enough room to add a T in the hose.
I like that idea as well and wouldn't be that much effort.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 See pictures below. The first 2 are from the starboard side and the last one is the port. If I am looking at these correctly the bottom 2 are fill and drain and the upper one is vent? If so, it might be easier to just move the vent to the top instead of trying to T it off because of the lack of room before it enters the wall.
55F8A543-F8A6-47D1-8FE5-6D79EDB9B0DB.jpeg
FDBEB1F0-53F7-43FA-B8D6-BB982131E4E2.jpeg
34E0DFB8-7796-477D-A821-2D947896DB46.jpeg

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you. I think there is enough room to go with option 1. That way if it doesn't work I can just swap it back and just be out a little time.

Chris

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@sleek98 am I correct in my assumptions about the fill/drain/vent? Let me know what parts you get for the job as I would like to do the same thing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes the bottom two are the fill / drain and the top is the overflow vent.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When your wave decides to spit you out lol....

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes the bottom two are the fill / drain and the top is the overflow vent.
Are the factory lines 1" or are they 3/4"? I think all the new ones are 1"

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They’re 1”. You can see in the pic I posted of the check valve setup the “from rear bag” tubing is the same as the 1” tubing I used from WM ;)

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You wouldn't need the plugs as you will move the plug from the top of the bag to the bottom back of the bag when you move the quick connect port. I was going to order 10 or 12' of hose just to be safe. I would rather go too much than too little for the extra 10 bucks, when shipping is 10 bucks if I am a foot short.

Otherwise that is what I ordered.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You wouldn't need the plugs as you will move the plug from the top of the bag to the bottom back of the bag when you move the quick connect port. I was going to order 10 or 12' of hose just to be safe. I would rather go too much than too little for the extra 10 bucks, when shipping is 10 bucks if I am a foot short.

Otherwise that is what I ordered.
Good call. I am going to remove the caps and pick up a few more feet of hose and submit the order.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully they get a good laugh that two people ordered the exact same thing a few minutes apart.