• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One thing I'd recommend is finding a boat with the boat steps on the trailer. I could not live without mine as these things are big and hard to get into from the ground if you don't have steps to help. That being said if the price is right by all means and get a step stool :D

The Mojo has clean lines that I think will last for many years. I wished mine had the LED accent lighting in the cockpit drink areas.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
One thing I'd recommend is finding a boat with the boat steps on the trailer. I could not live without mine as these things are big and hard to get into from the ground if you don't have steps to help. That being said if the price is right by all means and get a step stool :D

The Mojo has clean lines that I think will last for many years. I wished mine had the LED accent lighting in the cockpit drink areas.
Good point. I’m just starting to really look right now, and really not thrilled about buying a boat and paying for it and storage all fall and winter when I could wait. On the flip side prices will probably trend up as spring approaches. This Mojo is in the upper 60’s but has base stereo, carpet, and no racks on the tower. Not really sure if that’s a deal considering I would want to add seadek, racks, audio, etc.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been seeing the yacht thruster mentioned a lot lately. Here's a recent vid they put out....

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good point. I’m just starting to really look right now, and really not thrilled about buying a boat and paying for it and storage all fall and winter when I could wait. On the flip side prices will probably trend up as spring approaches. This Mojo is in the upper 60’s but has base stereo, carpet, and no racks on the tower. Not really sure if that’s a deal considering I would want to add seadek, racks, audio, etc.
I feel like those are all things you can upgrade on your own later for a fairly significantly cheaper price.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have any of you Craz buyers tried to stick your boat into an 8' high garage? I brought my new Supreme home last week Friday and even after lowering the trailer 2" it still brushes the header with the new style tower that

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have any of you Craz buyers tried to stick your boat into an 8' high garage? I brought my new Supreme home last week Friday and even after lowering the trailer 2" it still brushes the header with the new style tower that
This is an older thread but perhaps dimensions still apply Height on trailer w/tower folded. Best thing would be to go measure a current boat or better yet have them bring it by your house.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wake9 is supposed to be posting a video review of the new Kaiyen tomorrow. Here are a few pics from their Facebook page.

89BD327D-46E8-4CD4-B0F1-E3886FCAFFD5.jpegBF736D2B-5580-45E3-B6F1-A6315B9ADA81.jpeg51F4C5B8-5C4E-4B6D-9451-97620ECB3943.jpeg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wake9 is supposed to be posting a video review of the new Kaiyen tomorrow. Here are a few pics from their Facebook page.

View attachment 105649
its almost as if millions of lake house/dock owners suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder if those 3k plus board racks are included in that low low price. Not bad for a 21 footer.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It would probably feel close to a Yamaha 23’ in terms of size and cockpit maybe larger you would just have to go sit in one.

Racks are optional. You can order them without just like I did on my Max and I think @Arcadyus ordered his Makai without them. The bimini will hold 2 surf boards on top in the pockets.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 105649View attachment 105650View attachment 105651
I think somebody did a bad photoshop job here to make her look higher off the wave than she really is. It's a bomb wave so no editing should be needed. Obviously photos angles make a big difference, but there is a spot below her that looks off from the rest of the water and she is at like wakeboard height jumps. I am a very anti-make-a-law-for-everything guy, but I wish there was something that required companies to only use images for marketing that are of products just from the factory. I have seen so many promos for boats where they have definitely added weight over stock to get the wave they get, pretty sure my boat included.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They had 500 lbs of lead. Ragboy also weighs probably over 400 lbs and his wife is also a large woman plus two other passengers so that’s some good ballast for her. Probably over 5,300 lbs in ballast and crew in a 21’6” 4,500 lb boat so wave should be real legit! Check the vid she’s getting good air off that wave. Wake9 seems pretty upfront with their ballast in their videos.

I do agree most or probably all boat mfg’s use lead in their promo shots though especially if it’s a light crew and is a bit misleading. At least it shows you potential I guess lol. As you know displacement is key and if you want a big wave you’ll need more ballast than stock.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some pics of the 2020 MB's including the all new F24 Tomcat. I'm still not feeling the bubbly lines and ass end of the boat but at least it's actually here and easier to see than the early renderings. I wouldn't have chose those colors as it looks a bit strange with gray Gatorstep with tan interior but I see what they were trying to do to tie in the gray gelcoat. Just think it would have been better with tan Gatorstep. Haven't seen surf pics or vids yet but hopefully someone will post something up soon. I'm sure it throws a killer wave! That white and sea foam green F22 looks sweet!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The new F24 certainly looks interesting, though the lines of it haven't yet grown on me. It is MASSIVE, though, and I bet it will throw a major wake and wave. Now, the F22 and the B52 further down your list of pictures are more my speed!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It kind of looks like they stole design cues from the Mastercraft and/or Supreme ZS boats with that side profile. I love the jump seats in the back, but I agree that the back ens looks a little strange. I feel like it could have been better executed. One thing I dont see is the interior with the vertical ribbed stitching that I have seen on a lot of other MB's. I love the MB styling in general, but that particular design staple they used always reminded me of 1980 and 90's boats so it always felt extremely outdated. I wish we had a dealer in my area. I would love to see their boats in person.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 2020 Moomba boat builder is finally live. You can option a Makai with the Supercharged 575 now! The Supra boat builder will go up in a week or so per Rick Tinker.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
yep, built a Kaiyen a few minutes ago the to tune of $90k. The options really add up fast.