• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it me or are you trying to grow that beard out a little more? Trying to catch up to me eh? :D

Wave looks great man I can tell you've been dialing it in!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
You should see me in the winter. I don't shave until from opening week till the pats lose in the playoffs. Thanks homie she's dialed. My boy owns the pavati may have said he's been on every boats wave there is and likes mine the most. Then he said I mead shit bro look at that wave. We had my little 120lb homie who rides goofy with me. We had to put the wake plate at 50 just to reduce the push so he wasn't getting thrown into the boat. Are you gonna surf during your vacation? I'm super stoked your got her back bro

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We were going to try and surf this morning but had rain roll in. Might try later on this evening once people get off the lake. Super crowded here and the water is complete trash during the day no matter where we go. Just about had to light into some family on their runabout trying to teach their kid to ski. Freaking idiots come into the cove we were at and a few other boats anchored and decided to drop off a passenger on their boat in the lake and then do circles and figure 8’s around everyone. Told the wife I had enough when the anchor lost hold because of their constant wakes so we pulled anchor to hit another cove in peace. As I was leaving of course they stop and gather the idiot they left in the water along with the kid. I gave them a good dose of their own medicine as I left and circled about 75’ off their boat as they tried to gather the kid and person in water. Rocked their asses good with rear ballast full and the look they gave me was priceless. Too bad they are probably too stupid to understand why everyone was leaving the cove and why I gave them rollers as we left. Bunch of dumbass newb boaters here this weekend which is expected during the holiday. I am glad this is the last holiday of the summer and kids are back in school so the lake population should start dropping soon and we can have good water. We leave tomorrow morning so hoping we can get a run in later today if the weather holds out!

I haven’t shaved in I think 3-4 years lol. Just trim the beard back in the summer and I let it get longer during the winter.

Daughters first time driving a boat this morning and she did great just tooling around at less than 15 mph. :)

2530E69E-25AA-4D0B-806B-A9A492833834.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All that muddy water you see is from the heavy boat and stupid PWC traffic to give you an idea. There are no wake buoys out about 200 yards along this shoreline but a lot of them simply don’t care. What I love is the morons who slow down thinking they are doing the respectful thing but fail the realize that makes things worse. Just idle people it is not hard to comprehend what no wake zone means.
041CB27F-7A7C-4738-8E17-8A06A1959CDC.jpeg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We were going to try and surf this morning but had rain roll in. Might try later on this evening once people get off the lake. Super crowded here and the water is complete trash during the day no matter where we go. Just about had to light into some family on their runabout trying to teach their kid to ski. Freaking idiots come into the cove we were at and a few other boats anchored and decided to drop off a passenger on their boat in the lake and then do circles and figure 8’s around everyone. Told the wife I had enough when the anchor lost hold because of their constant wakes so we pulled anchor to hit another cove in peace. As I was leaving of course they stop and gather the idiot they left in the water along with the kid. I gave them a good dose of their own medicine as I left and circled about 75’ off their boat as they tried to gather the kid and person in water. Rocked their asses good with rear ballast full and the look they gave me was priceless. Too bad they are probably too stupid to understand why everyone was leaving the cove and why I gave them rollers as we left. Bunch of dumbass newb boaters here this weekend which is expected during the holiday. I am glad this is the last holiday of the summer and kids are back in school so the lake population should start dropping soon and we can have good water. We leave tomorrow morning so hoping we can get a run in later today if the weather holds out!

I haven’t shaved in I think 3-4 years lol. Just trim the beard back in the summer and I let it get longer during the winter.

Daughters first time driving a boat this morning and she did great just tooling around at less than 15 mph. :)

View attachment 104178
Damnit I would go nuts with a beard like that. I can’t stand my shit if I go more than a week without shaving. Kudos to you for being able to rock it.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

View attachment 104178
That beard tho

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Damnit I would go nuts with a beard like that. I can’t stand my shit if I go more than a week without shaving. Kudos to you for being able to rock it.
Shit good for you. I can't shave more than once or twice a year. Even when I trim it it's just with clippers, lol. I think it's laziness TBH

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You have to get past the itch phase of the hair growth. Once the hair gets a little longer it starts to get softer which makes it bearable. I used to have it about 4-5” longer during the summer lol but it gets on my nerves at work when it gets caught on my shirt collar. This is the length I tend to keep it at these days and easier to maintain. Still takes about 10 minutes more to groom each morning because of how mine grows lol. It’s pretty ratty in that pic because of riding in the wind.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t know how many miles we’ve gone since Friday but I remember someone asking about fuel efficiency earlier in this thread and it reminded me to snag this pic tonight. Maybe about 1/4 tank burned since Friday afternoon. Granted some of it was just chilling in a cove but we also did lots of cruising, playing with ballast system etc and the Raptor 400 sips fuel by comparison to my 192. Yes it’s a larger fuel tank (65 gallon) but I would have refueled at least twice by now if not more in my old 192. Pretty good IMO! If I really cared a lot about the fuel I would log fill-up’s like I do on my truck but it’s a water toy so don’t really care to be that anal with watching how thirsty it is or could be. All I know is I fill up MUCH less often than I ever have and it’s not just because the fuel tank is larger. Happy it’s less on the wallet as I was not looking forward to having to fill up while at a marina ($$$). Thankfully did not have to and was running the same ole pump gas from the local gas station back home.

2B39F735-C6A0-4BD3-AFA6-9A3E52181320.jpeg

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don’t know how many miles we’ve gone since Friday but I remember someone asking about fuel efficiency earlier in this thread and it reminded me to snag this pic tonight. Maybe about 1/4 tank burned since Friday afternoon. Granted some of it was just chilling in a cove but we also did lots of cruising, playing with ballast system etc and the Raptor 400 sips fuel by comparison to my 192. Yes it’s a larger fuel tank (65 gallon) but I would have refueled at least twice by now if not more in my old 192. Pretty good IMO! If I really cared a lot about the fuel I would log fill-up’s like I do on my truck but it’s a water toy so don’t really care to be that anal with watching how thirsty it is or could be. All I know is I fill up MUCH less often than I ever have and it’s not just because the fuel tank is larger. Happy it’s less on the wallet as I was not looking forward to having to fill up while at a marina ($$$). Thankfully did not have to and was running the same ole pump gas from the local gas station back home.

View attachment 104192
Yesterday we surfed for 3 solid hours and I used about 6 gallons of fuel. Idk if that's good or not, this is my first tow boat.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday we surfed for 3 solid hours and I used about 6 gallons of fuel. Idk if that's good or not, this is my first tow boat.
Don't seem too bad to me. 3 hours of fun on water for 6 gallons. Thats cheap fun to me.
I can burn more than 6 gallons easy in 3 hours on my FZS having fun.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OMG I’m on cloud freakin 9!!!

Finally did it and went ropeless! So proud of my wife for giving me a proper pull after training her early this morning!!

03668A13-0EEB-4821-AB1D-4259AD8483A7.jpeg55C607B8-429D-4D59-A377-E6ACEE2D2188.jpeg8DF31726-5B09-4B82-9A85-49503EE1FD49.jpegA498033F-96A1-49B7-A063-04FBE869355D.jpegF495C67C-1969-4708-BC73-A32BDDC4E61C.jpeg

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my wife to dive also. She does great.
It's awesome isn't it?!

I spent about an hour with her this early morning. Took her to a huge wide open area so she wouldn't have to worry about boats coming around the corner or anything. Went over how to pull me up, how to deal with boats, what to do when I fall and most importantly how not to run me over when it's time to circle back. I used a fender and I would toss it out at surf speeds at various times and told her I fell so she could get lots of practice, I only let her pull me once she said she felt confident. Now we are freakin golden and ready to rip it!!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It's awesome isn't it?!

I spent about an hour with her this early morning. Took her to a huge wide open area so she wouldn't have to worry about boats coming around the corner or anything. Went over how to pull me up, how to deal with boats, what to do when I fall and most importantly how not to run me over when it's time to circle back. I used a fender and I would toss it out at surf speeds at various times and told her I fell so she could get lots of practice, I only let her pull me once she said she felt confident. Now we are freakin golden and ready to rip it!!
I tell my wife to try and hit me with the boat when coming to get me, lol.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Having a tall freeboard boat kicks ass! The added storage depth is just a bonus but the real reason why we went with the Max was it eats big rollers no problem! :D

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Having a tall freeboard boat kicks ass! The added storage depth is just a bonus but the real reason why we went with the Max was it eats big rollers no problem! :D

Amen to that. My 242 handled big waves with no issue. It's one thing that has me worried about switching to a wake boat. Most of the newer ones have a lot of freeboard like yours though. Last year we were out on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks. Nothing like a 1,000 boats all leaving at once when the show was over. I had 10 people on my 242 and it handled it with no problem at all. Kept the nose up and felt very safe.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash ......I think that is the first time I've seen a picture of your face. You don't look ANYTHING like what I had in my head. I mean not even a little bit. So wierd how we build up these internal images of what someone looks like, then see/meet them for the first time and we were completely wrong.

Glad to see you're enjoying the boat too!

I'm curious if any of those that have moved to a wake boat from another style boat have missed the boarding ladder on the back? I have a few guests a few times a year that aren't as athletic as the rest of my family. Any issues with larger/less flexible/less strong swimmer getting back into the boat without a ladder that drops well into the water? For reference, I have one guest that still somewhat struggles with the ladder on my 190, so no ladder at all might be a big issue for them. Any thoughts?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash ......I think that is the first time I've seen a picture of your face. You don't look ANYTHING like what I had in my head. I mean not even a little bit. So wierd how we build up these internal images of what someone looks like, then see/meet them for the first time and we were completely wrong.

Glad to see you're enjoying the boat too!

I'm curious if any of those that have moved to a wake boat from another style boat have missed the boarding ladder on the back? I have a few guests a few times a year that aren't as athletic as the rest of my family. Any issues with larger/less flexible/less strong swimmer getting back into the boat without a ladder that drops well into the water? For reference, I have one guest that still somewhat struggles with the ladder on my 190, so no ladder at all might be a big issue for them. Any thoughts?
haha yea it is strange how we build up the persona of someone on the other end of the keyboard :D.

The ladder was actually one of the first things I was hesitant to lose when switching to a wake boat. As you can tell most wake boat swim decks are high and that's because they try to design them so they have minimal effect disturbing or cutting into the wave and wake once weighted down with ballast. It's when they are empty it can be a little challenge getting back on the boat but what we have been doing is to simply fill the rear ballast a bit. I don't have to fill the bags full but anywhere from say 35% full is good enough for our family to get on and i'm not in shape lol. I have made it a point to lose weight for this boat and sport and so far have dropped 15 lbs from the beginning of the year which makes boarding on the swim deck easier. My wife likes to have it real low so sometimes I will fill the rear bags full and that buries the platform just under the water making boarding super effortless. A few of the wake boats these days are coming with ladders under the swim deck and one of the wake boat companies I think teamed up with Sea Ray's patented folding swim deck and now have that option. Slips my mind which company offers that now but I think it's mentioned in this thread...somewhere idk lol. I've thought about adding a ladder to mine just so I wouldn't have to fill the bags. It's a cheap add-on that from what others who have done it say it didn't adversely affect their wake or wave. That would be my biggest concern because if there was any adverse effect I would just stick with what we're doing now.