• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@haknslash @Arcadyus
What kind of deals did you work on your Moombas. Local dealer has about 4500 off price on 2019 now. I know I should be able to get more than that. What were discounts at boat show? They have 2 mojos and 2 craz both loaded in a 2019. Gonna go looks at a 2020 max today along with the others and set up a water test. If I can get a good enough deal I can pull the trigger before boat shows. Only if price is right and I’m not sure what that is. Thanks. Matt

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Pinhacker71

Last years boat show deal SC was running was free Flow 2.0 surf system, 7 years warranty on Indmar powertrain (standard was 5 years) and something else I can’t remember. My dealer was also offering 1 year free maintenance and an additional year of free maintenance if you used their in-house financing. I think my boat as optioned out was around $76k without taxes and fees. I was able to get it in the high 60’s but I also had some negative equity from my Yamaha trade-in. Still came out cheaper than MSRP with the trade. My deposit effectively wiped out the negative equity and got the boat for what we haggled it down to. I would think with a leftover you should be able to get $10k off or somewhere around there. Some people claim they can get as high as 20% or more off but it all depends on your dealer and negotiating skills. I didn’t want to beat up in my dealer too much as they would be the ones servicing it on warranty claims and just didn’t want to carry any stigma but I still felt both the dealer and I came away happy on the deal.

The 2020 Max is sweet with the little tweaks they did. I’m jealous of the seadek walk pad and stomp pad! Really wished mine had those.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Ok. Thanks. That craz and mojo are both in upper 80’s so they must be maxed out with all the options. Probably wait till boat show time. I really don’t need all that stuff.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s why I custom ordered so I could get it how I want and only pay for what I need. Yea I had to wait, and the waiting SUCKED lol, but it was worth it! I was able to lock in the boat show deals via $1k initial deposit at the show in January and actually placed my order later in February.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s why I custom ordered so I could get it how I want and only pay for what I need. Yea I had to wait, and the waiting SUCKED lol, but it was worth it! I was able to lock in the boat show deals via $1k initial deposit at the show and actually placed my order in Feb.
Exactly! Custom order is the only way to fly with any of these wake boats in my opinion. You are spending a lot of money - get it exactly the way you want it!

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@OrangeTJ it seems you are the man on here and the MB forum for all things that are MB. I have always liked the lines on the MB’s and recently started looking at a 2020 F22. It seems the only thing they changed for 2020 is adding hinged seats. I asked him if there was anything I should be aware of and the only issues have been with loose stereo wires from the factory. I asked about the 400 motor and it seems everyone is very happy after they fixed the issues with water getting on the O2 sensors. Anything else that you have seen or heard about with the new MB’s that someone should be aware of?

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@haknslash @Arcadyus
What kind of deals did you work on your Moombas. Local dealer has about 4500 off price on 2019 now. I know I should be able to get more than that. What were discounts at boat show? They have 2 mojos and 2 craz both loaded in a 2019. Gonna go looks at a 2020 max today along with the others and set up a water test. If I can get a good enough deal I can pull the trigger before boat shows. Only if price is right and I’m not sure what that is. Thanks. Matt
I paid about $11k less than msrp. I did pay cash idk if that means anything.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New line is up on the website. Doesn’t look like they did anything!!!!
I paid about $11k less than msrp. I did pay cash idk if that means anything.
Yeah I think @Pinhacker71 should be able to get more than $4,500 off on a 2019 with 2020’s coming out and the season winding down. Don’t know about the cash thing. I would think you would be able to get better discounts on price by financing. These dealers make money off that so they are willing to give more in pricing to make up on the financing side if you finance through them.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I think @Pinhacker71 should be able to get more than $4,500 off on a 2019 with 2020’s coming out and the season winding down. Don’t know about the cash thing. I would think you would be able to get better discounts on price by financing. These dealers make money off that so they are willing to give more in pricing to make up on the financing side if you finance through them.
I agree on the financing as dealers that offer direct financing get a set fee or percentage of the loan from their preferred lenders.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@OrangeTJ it seems you are the man on here and the MB forum for all things that are MB. I have always liked the lines on the MB’s and recently started looking at a 2020 F22. It seems the only thing they changed for 2020 is adding hinged seats. I asked him if there was anything I should be aware of and the only issues have been with loose stereo wires from the factory. I asked about the 400 motor and it seems everyone is very happy after they fixed the issues with water getting on the O2 sensors. Anything else that you have seen or heard about with the new MB’s that someone should be aware of?
Not a thing, honestly. Truly fantastic boat. I absolutely love our 2016 F22. Closing in on 300 hours now. The changes they made to the interior in 2019 (hinged seats, etc.) are awesome. I've not had any loose stereo wires issues on mine but the Exile ZLD unit developed a small amount of internal corrosion (not surprising - boat got thoroughly drenched in a surpsise major downpour without the cover on end of last season) which was promptly fixed by spraying some contact cleaner into it and has been great ever since. To date, I have had zero issues with the 400 engine in mine.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I totally understand custom order logic and a situation where you have a dealer you want to support and build a relationship with.

However, as far as just going for the best price it will always, always, be a combination of three things: timing - late in the season, cash (or check) in hand, and... that boat that's been lingering in the dealer's yard for a while.

With a glut of wake boats on the market and slowing economy those best deals are not going to be too difficult to find.

--

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I totally understand custom order logic and a situation where you have a dealer you want to support and build a relationship with.

However, as far as just going for the best price it will always, always, be a combination of three things: timing - late in the season, cash (or check) in hand, and... that boat that's been lingering in the dealer's yard for a while.

With a glut of wake boats on the market and slowing economy those best deals are not going to be too difficult to find.

--
Agree 100%. I’ve seen more 1 to 2 year old wake boats on the market at this point in the season than years before. I can’t understand the logic of the guys who buy a new boat every year just to sell about now. There’s no way they are coming out ahead. First of all they are forfeiting the rest of the season just to sell their boat when they could using it. I follow the forums and message boards and these guys trade boats like it’s nothing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think they lose a season. Some of them have the new boat built and wait until it arrives to sell the old one. Those are the same guys that flip boats every year or two to get the new models and features. Most of those guys probably buy several boats from their dealers with huge savings so that when they sell they probably come close to breaking even or take a small loss for the sake of staying on the leading edge. I wouldn't personally do it but you see the same mentality in a lot of other boats, even jet boats just not to the degree since there are not big changes every couple of years. Those same guys clearly have money to toss around so it's likely they put down a large deposit to allow them to flip the boat with minimal loss. My guess anyways.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think they lose a season. Some of them have the new boat built and wait until it arrives to sell the old one. Those are the same guys that flip boats every year or two to get the new models and features. Most of those guys probably buy several boats from their dealers with huge savings so that when they sell they probably come close to breaking even or take a small loss for the sake of staying on the leading edge. I wouldn't personally do it but you see the same mentality in a lot of other boats, even jet boats just not to the degree since there are not big changes every couple of years. Those same guys clearly have money to toss around so it's likely they put down a large deposit to allow them to flip the boat with minimal loss. My guess anyways.
That’s true. I thought many were selling now to take delivery of new boat next spring. Now that you mention it my buddy bought a new Supra SA a few years back at the boat show in Atlanta. Well the next year, they told him they would give him what he paid for it the year before on trade in if he bought a new SE. He traded it in on the SE at that show. I guess the made up for it in the pricing of the SE? That’s what he told me anyways so I don’t know if they really bought the boat back at the same price or not.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm convinced these guys never really "make up for it" even if they do get amazing deals on both ends of the transaction. Doesn't really matter to me - their money - but it certainly isn't an economical choice to buy a brand new boat every year or two!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t know how they do it either (they never explain) but I can say no way I’d be able to do it year after year chasing tech. I know some people that are like that and must have the latest and greatest thing that comes out. Doesn’t matter if it’s a phone, TV, car, etc they just aren’t satisfied until the next new thing comes out. They got more money than I do but not sure about the brains but if you got money to burn then whatever. YOLO and you can’t take the money with you to the grave so there’s always that :D

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
There isn't a way unless they are getting kickback from the dealer for promoting the dealer and brand. Sorta like a brand ambassador. If not it's just like leasing a car. You typically lose about $5k plus your payments. A boat would prob be 3-4x that. So lose $15-$20k plus they payments. But that takes 10 years to lose the entire say $200k it would take to buy an upper tier tow boat. So on the 10th year of doing it keep that boat and I could see these types convincing themselves it's not so bad.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know of two people who have relationships with dealers or the manufacturer itself where they get a pretty ridiculously awesome price, so that they can pretty much flip the boat after a season and get back what they paid for it. Even if they take a small loss, it's still less than what any of us would be paying per year on our boats (for those of us with loans). I know one guy pays cash for his boats too. I would totally do it if I could work out that kind of deal, but these two guys are in Mastercraft and Centurion money though, I certainly am not. I haven't heard of this kind of relationship with the "budget" boats either. One of these guys owns a surf board manufacturing company and the other got his start with Mastercraft when he was young and skied competitively for their team so the manufacturer is probably breaking even on the cost of the boat, but getting some good marketing out of it.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder with some of these boats pushing north of $150k now, if they are having trouble flipping those after one or two seasons. If I had the kind of dollars to spend $150k on a boat, I think I would rather get a brand new one from a dealer rather than a used one that has been beat on hard for a season to save $5k.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve heard the budget boats have less of a markup on them compared to the higher end boats, so wiggle room is not as great on them. I have no proof of that but it makes sense they would have less room. Still better than what most Yamaha dealers try and push which is close to MSRP almost always in most deals it seems. I didn’t even have to haggle for fenders, dock lines, life jackets like you normally would have to do with a Yamaha dealer. When I asked my salesman about the extras he looked at me strange and said we always include that stuff to our customers for free. Stark comparison to my previous Yamaha dealer lol.