• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

It looks legit

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@haknslash
Now that you've been enjoying your awesome new Max for a while, by chance would you ever consider taking it down to PCB like you used to with your AR?
We still go down there 3 to 5 times a year, and have been make day runs to Destin/Crab Island which we would really hate to give up our beach trips at this point. or would we with a Max? I see dedicated wake boats every once in a while there in PCB but its pretty rare...
Just curious to hear your perspective since you have experience with both and you know what its like to boat around PCB.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did he put a diesel in it? I bet the combo of his tow rig and boat look amazing.
I'm not sure if he purchased it with a diesel, but he mentioned the possibility of putting one of the Duramax engines in that's he's been collaborating with Banks Power on in it.

This is the only photo I think I've seen of it in tow.
FB_IMG_1567092544186.jpg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure if he purchased it with a diesel, but he mentioned the possibility of putting one of the Duramax engines in that's he's been collaborating with Banks Power on in it.

View attachment 103956

Damnit!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

It looks legit
The wave looks decent. It seems to me like it's more of a aluminum hull deck boat with a v-drive than a pontoon. Although from the front it appears to be more tri-toon.
Screenshot_20190829-071605_Chrome.jpg
It's like Pavati's ugly sister... 🤭

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You know it's all being written off as a business expense somehow...
Yeah, they should call it a deckboat. Not a pontoon.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know it's all being written off as a business expense somehow...
And there is the real reason you start

View attachment 103956
Boat already looks kind of small behind that truck. Wonder what it would look like behind the red and black 650 they built years back. Of course it would need a custom draw bar with a few feet of drop.

Would be awesome to see what a TT diesel with a custom gear box and prop could muster in one of these boats for both torque and top end speed. Of course would need a well thought out exhaust and def so one could see and breath while surfing. If HD and the guys did it we would all be glued to that episode. If they did it and made it a give away that would be even more awesome.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And there is the real reason you start

Boat already looks kind of small behind that truck. Wonder what it would look like behind the red and black 650 they built years back. Of course it would need a custom draw bar with a few feet of drop.

Would be awesome to see what a TT diesel with a custom gear box and prop could muster in one of these boats for both torque and top end speed. Of course would need a well thought out exhaust and def so one could see and breath while surfing. If HD and the guys did it we would all be glued to that episode. If they did it and made it a give away that would be even more awesome.
With enough money anything is possible.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash
Now that you've been enjoying your awesome new Max for a while, by chance would you ever consider taking it down to PCB like you used to with your AR?
We still go down there 3 to 5 times a year, and have been make day runs to Destin/Crab Island which we would really hate to give up our beach trips at this point. or would we with a Max? I see dedicated wake boats every once in a while there in PCB but its pretty rare...
Just curious to hear your perspective since you have experience with both and you know what its like to boat around PCB.
I would not care to take this boat down to the Gulf. Not to say you couldn’t do it as there are some who don’t mind salt but I just wouldn’t care to do it to a boat like this. There are a lot of electronics for starters. Moomba also does not have a self bailing cockpit with a scupper. Any water you take on goes into the bilge and rely on the bilge pump entirely. As you know the Gulf is unpredictable at times and can’t kick up some good sized swells and the thought of relying only on the bilge doesn’t sit well with me. Then there’s cleaning all the salt. It gets freaking everywhere and with the Yamaha I didn’t mind liberally hosing the cockpit with salt away and water. With my Max I try to keep the interior cockpit as dry as possible. I don’t hose out the cockpit much at all and keep it wiped down after each use. From time to time I’ll scrub and clean the gatorstep flooring but otherwise I keep water on the inside to a minimum. Stark contrast compared to how I cleaned the Yamaha sometimes when it really needed a deep hosing inside. That’s not to say you can’t hose them down inside but these boats don’t have the nice cockpit draining system like the Yamaha has where most water under the cushion flows in a channel to dump it in the cockpit rather than inside the storage compartments. Basically I just wouldn’t take mine down there for the wear and tear of salt on a boat like this. It would technically handle it fine so long as I bought the flush adapter but I just wouldn’t care to do it. Just too nice to do it to a wake boat IMO where the Yamaha I didn’t mind it. My .02

Last edited:

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I would not care to take this boat down to the Gulf. Not to say you couldn’t do it as there are some who don’t mind salt but I just wouldn’t care to do it to a boat like this. There are a lot of electronics for starters. Moomba also does not have a self bailing cockpit with a scupper. Any water you take on goes into the bilge and rely on the bilge pump entirely. As you know the Gulf is unpredictable at times and can’t kick up some good sized swells and the thought of relying only on the bilge doesn’t sit well with me. Then there’s cleaning all the salt. It gets freaking everywhere and with the Yamaha I didn’t mind liberally hosing the cockpit with salt away and water. With my Max I try to keep the interior cockpit as dry as possible. I don’t hose out the cockpit much at all and keep it wiped down after each use. From time to time I’ll scrub and clean the gatorstep flooring but otherwise I keep water on the inside to a minimum. Stark contrast compared to how I cleaned the Yamaha sometimes when it really needed a deep hosing inside. That’s not to say you can’t hose them down inside but these boats don’t have the nice cockpit draining system like the Yamaha has where most water under the cushion flows in a channel to dump it in the cockpit rather than inside the storage compartments. Basically I just wouldn’t take mine down there for the wear and tear of salt on a boat like this. It would technically handle it fine so long as I bought the flush adapter but I just wouldn’t care to do it. Just too nice to do it to a wake boat IMO where the Yamaha I didn’t mind it. My .02
Got it thanks thats super helpful! I hadn't thought about how much we take for granted the self bailing cockpit/scupper and the water run off trenches under the seats. Funny we've gone the last 4 years to the ATL boat shows and I never noticed or thought about when looking at other boats/brands how nice those two features are or assumed they all had them too. Yikes I need to pay way more attention... Again thanks for sharing your experiences and if it weren't for all the beach trips we'd be in a boat more like yours. :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got it thanks thats super helpful! I hadn't thought about how much we take for granted the self bailing cockpit/scupper and the water run off trenches under the seats. Funny we've gone the last 4 years to the ATL boat shows and I never noticed or thought about when looking at other boats/brands how nice those two features are or assumed they all had them too. Yikes I need to pay way more attention... Again thanks for sharing your experiences and if it weren't for all the beach trips we'd be in a boat more like yours. :)
Well I guess I should say that the wake boats in my price range don't have the drainage system. They have them on higher end boats like from Nautique. I think a few others have them as well but you don't typically see it on the budget level wake boats. It's something they could all have but would require them to make new deck molds. It is a nice feature and wished mine had them but thankfully water seems to run off the cushions and not down in the storage for the most part. The storage does have drain holes though to allow any water to flow down into the bilge.

Here's a new Nautique GS and you can see the gutter type drainage and carries it to the bilge...

image.pngimage.png

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I guess I should say that the wake boats in my price range don't have the drainage system. They have them on higher end boats like from Nautique. I think a few others have them as well but you don't typically see it on the budget level wake boats. It's something they could all have but would require them to make new deck molds. It is a nice feature and wished mine had them but thankfully water seems to run off the cushions and not down in the storage for the most part. The storage does have drain holes though to allow any water to flow down into the bilge.

Here's a new Nautique GS and you can see the gutter type drainage and carries it to the bilge...

View attachment 104015View attachment 104016
This has annoyed me from day 1. Why is this a feature of a $35k boat and not a $70-80k boat. 😡 I am almost surprised the coast guard doesnt require boats to be self bailing, especially wake boats that are marketed to be hugely weighted down making them far more likely to take on water. Supreme does a truck bed liner on the inside of the storage compartments so at least so there is no carpet in there to hold a bunch of water. I assume the other manufacturers do something similar.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As someone starting to look at upgrading to a MB F22 Tomcat, all the information shared in this thread has been great. I never even thought about the self draining haul not being a standard feature. I use it all the time when I clean the GatorStep flooring in my AR195 and would do the same thing in the MB. However the MB just drains into haul and out the back.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As someone starting to look at upgrading to a MB F22 Tomcat, all the information shared in this thread has been great. I never even thought about the self draining haul not being a standard feature. I use it all the time when I clean the GatorStep flooring in my AR195 and would do the same thing in the MB. However the MB just drains into haul and out the back.
Yup MB's have a cockpit drain near the rear bench seat that allows water to go into the bilge. They even top it off with a nice little billet drain cover as everything is billet on the MB's ;). My Moomba has a center removable panel for the center drain plug and that allows water in the cockpit to work its way down into the bilge, although if I'm taking water over the front in the Max then I must be jumping 5' waves, in the Gulf lol. Such a tall freeboard it's a non-issue.

I'm glad to hear this thread has been a great resource for you :winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Out for a early morning cruise and testing my replaced ballast relay module. Everything is working as it should again :). Love the water here! Playing with different wave shapes....

C9E7971B-7576-49F3-AFD3-BF442A6535B6.jpegDFDC292C-7E2F-4354-8681-1A8BCBE18F2A.jpegF8F41944-BD59-4C91-84E4-CCAADE69634D.jpegAF1F453E-C937-4B05-9460-ABE547003EA0.jpeg06744AD0-A511-4E18-AE1F-DE73875E78C5.jpeg7819E729-B736-465F-A6F1-AA2585B34413.jpeg