• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would have to disagree. I have rode behind a few v drives and the wave has not been substantially better then my 242x. Short of a natique g25 And a mastercraft x26. Granted I haven't rode behind every boat made. I have rode behind an xstar with surf plates and extra ballast and my wave was better. I would say the nxt 22 was comparable to my wake. I can ride 20 ft back. I can do 360s, shuv its, We have had 2 surfers on the same wave. I can ride on the board with my daughter. Then when we're not surfing at the lake we can take the same boat and run the islands in south west flordia or the keys. Im not saying v drives are not nice boats. I'm not saying you can't have your opinion, but don't be implying you can't surf behind a jetboat.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would have to disagree. I have rode behind a few v drives and the wave has not been substantially better then my 242x. Short of a natique g25 And a mastercraft x26. Granted I haven't rode behind every boat made. I have rode behind an xstar with surf plates and extra ballast and my wave was better. I would say the nxt 22 was comparable to my wake. I can ride 20 ft back. I can do 360s, shuv its, We have had 2 surfers on the same wave. I can ride on the board with my daughter. Then when we're not surfing at the lake we can take the same boat and run the islands in south west flordia or the keys. Im not saying v drives are not nice boats. I'm not saying you can't have your opinion, but don't be implying you can't surf behind a jetboat.
Is all this with stock ballasts? Or do you need the big transom bag?

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
300 lbs lead in wet storage on surf side. wake booster and thrustvector wakes

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No question you can surf behind a jet. None at all. I've seen very few pics or videos showing a surf wake that looks truly comparable to a well dialed v-drive wakeboat but it sounds like you have a great setup and that your boat is very well suited to what you want to use it for!

Brad25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just ordered a 2021 Nautique GS20, it should be here by December (will sit in storage until March). We started with looking at Yamahas, them went between the Moomba and Malibus. We were sold on the Malibu until I read all the issues newer models were having. A friend steered us towards the Nautiques and fell in love with the fit and finish.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just ordered a 2021 Nautique GS20, it should be here by December (will sit in storage until March). We started with looking at Yamahas, them went between the Moomba and Malibus. We were sold on the Malibu until I read all the issues newer models were having. A friend steered us towards the Nautiques and fell in love with the fit and finish.
Really can't go wrong with a Nautique. Conrats and enjoy!

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

GS20 is an awesome looking boat and I would have considered one but it was a little out of my price range. Congrats

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have an build spec pics? Curious what colors you went for..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Probably last trip of the year unless we can squeeze one more in but the lake is already dropping.

Let the daughter drive the boat for the first time and she did great. She drove for several miles and I could tell was having a blast even if she was a bit nervous. I kept her far and wide from other boats.

Last edited:

Brad25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The color is tungsten grey with masters blue metallic. It will have the black Bimini top as well. The interior we went with the mocha see deck with a lighter grey interior with blue stitching and accents, just for some contrast. It is pretty much fully loaded except the strapless board racks and LED cupholder lights. The colors look way better in person. We should get it hopefully sometime early December and I will post more Pictures then if they let us take the wrapping off of it when it comes in. It is most likely going into storage until the spring. Thanks for all the kind words.

Last edited:

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably last trip of the year unless we can squeeze one more in but the lake is already dropping.

Let the daughter drive the boat for the first time and she did great. She drove for several miles and I could tell was having a blast even if she was a bit nervous. I kept her far and wide from other boats.

great looking boat...how old is the little one? Makes me think of that Alan Jackson song "drive". Great song for any dad

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
great looking boat...how old is the little one? Makes me think of that Alan Jackson song "drive". Great song for any dad
‘Thanks! She turns 11 in 7 days. I’ll have to check out that song. I like some of the old school Alan Jackson songs. I could ell she wanted to drive when we were sitting in the cove. Wife and I were having a onversation on the swim deck and I noticed my daughter wa sitting a the helm looking at the switches and messing with the steering wheel acting like she was driving lol. I asked if she wanted to drive and she lit up like a Christmas tree and was happy I asked her. I remember feeling like I was on cloud 9 when I was a kid and my grandad or father would ask if I wanted to drive the boats.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So last Saturday I went to Madison, WI to look at some Malibu boats. First was a 21' Malibu on their showroom. Not impressed with the lack of a walk through on the stern, the bow "tub only seating", and the real lack of quality. 100k+ boat and the seats aren't on hinges when you open them? Carpet underneath the bolster seat?? The 2021 model in the showroom had the tower folded because it actually broke and was waiting on warranty repair?! LOL damn.

The salesman, who was really nice, took me to see a 23' Malibu they had in another building. This one had a lot more room (obviously) but still had the same goofy design in the bow where they front ballast tank prevented the bow seating to actually have a walking area. Furthermore, my wife and cousin attempted to both sit in the bow, each on opposite sides, and their feet had to cross significantly in that position.

The 23' had a nice Wet Sounds system that sounded decent. Not sure how it compared to my current JL, seemed to close enough. This boat had the Monsoon engine, and when I asked about some of the issues with those motors the sales guy was like "yeah well, what do you expect when you build your own engine?" OK - hard pass on that. This was another 100k+ dollar boat, still no walk through, still cheap feeling vinyl and cushions, and honestly, really disappointing for the price. And the swim platform ladder wasn't included or available? Sheeshe....

I'm still struggling to understand where all the cost (price) is in these boats? Are the engines really that much more to build? Are they laying the fiberglass differently? At least on the Malibu, there certainly wasn't anything there that screamed "this is why this boat is so expensive" - seemed more like "we charge this much because we can."

On to looking at other brands I guess.
If you like bow space, check out the Supreme S211 or S238. It's up there with the 242 bows. My 6'2" friends have no issue completely extending their legs. I try to keep them in the back and the ladies up front though for good scenery. I also am not a fan of the pickle fork styling and Supreme does a hybrid style like the Yamaha where you get similar width, but a single point at the front. Interior quality and tower strength is also best in the industry IMO. 3000lb ballast from the factory, but I upgraded the rear by another 500lb with larger bags. All Supremes come standard with GPS Speed control and either Quickfil ballast tanks or 6 pumps with up to 6 different ballast locations.

IMG_2044.jpg

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you like bow space, check out the Supreme S211 or S238. It's up there with the 242 bows. My 6'2" friends have no issue completely extending their legs. I try to keep them in the back and the ladies up front though for good scenery. I also am not a fan of the pickle fork styling and Supreme does a hybrid style like the Yamaha where you get similar width, but a single point at the front. Interior quality and tower strength is also best in the industry IMO. 3000lb ballast from the factory, but I upgraded the rear by another 500lb with larger bags. All Supremes come standard with GPS Speed control and either Quickfil ballast tanks or 6 pumps with up to 6 different ballast locations.

View attachment 135765
Very nic! Man I love wake boats!

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Olivers first time out yesterday on the new 2021. He loved it. We waited to take him out since we wanted to get ourselves acclimated first and we wanted to get his nails trimmed before he walked all over the peanut butter interior. Needless to say, he loved it

Attachments

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Olivers first time out yesterday on the new 2021. He loved it. We waited to take him out since we wanted to get ourselves acclimated first and we wanted to get his nails trimmed before he walked all over the peanut butter interior. Needless to say, he loved it
what boat do you have? I am going to call my Moomba dealer tomorrow and see what kind of price they can give me on a 2021 Moomba Makai.