• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boating also dropped a new Mojo video today as well....

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This thing is just crazy huge!

I am a little worried about how big and heavy the boats are getting. You know there will be some people with too much money who try to take a boat this size out on inland lakes that are arguably too small for it with other vessels that are too small to safely handle the wake this thing is capable of. With all the moves to ban wake surfing, I am afraid these new huge boats are going to provide fuel to that fire. That said, I hope I get the chance to demo one. It's a beautiful boat inside and out.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I get what you’re saying but....

Just because it’s a big boat doesn’t mean it’s going to throw a massive wave compared to say a 24’. The bigger the boat the more it has to displace.

Honestly the boat has little to do with damage to people’s property. The damage is caused by an irresponsible captain and it can happen from any boat, not just wake boats. Studies have been conducted that show the waves dissipate at 200 yards or so. WSIA did a study on waves https://www.wsia.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/WSIA-Wave_Energy_Study_Summary.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2Wh8W21oUTntf4hlvkIfgRCLyTwQttUfEJZp97Mu4BpmfRz8rAblfv36c Typically I’m far from that when surfing and we are very mindful of shorelines and peoples property. It’s all in the captain and little to do with the boat. I can make a wave with a tritoon that would rock a dock. I get it that boat wakes can cause damage but I’ve also seen what Mother Nature can do with zero boats at fault and it happens far more often than someone coming by and wrecking your dock.

Thankfully my lake doesn’t have a lot of disrespectful wake boat owners that I see when out and about. Our biggest issues for damage to property comes from pontoon boats and PWC’s. As long as people boat responsibly then a lot of issues go away or are minimized.

Last edited:

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just because it’s a big boat doesn’t mean it’s going to throw a massive wave compared to say a 24’. The bigger the boat the more it has to displace.

Honestly the boat has little to do with damage to peoples property. The damage is caused by an irresponsible captain and it can happen from any boat, not just wake boats.

Thankfully my lake doesn’t have a lot of disrespectful wake boat owners that I see when out and about. Our biggest issues for damage to property comes from pontoon boats and PWC’s.
I completely agree, but my fear is that when these things are used irresponsibly and there are too many spoiled little shits out there with daddy's boat that it is going to be huge ammo for the ban-it crowd. It sucks how few people it takes to put a negative spotlight on the sport because wake boaters have been the most respectable boaters I have come across. Up here in the north it's the cruiser crowd that does the most damage because they like to plow along at 15mph and their wakes maintain their power far further than wake boats whose energy dissipates much quicker, but they get over looked because they aren't called wake boats. Fucking nanny crowd just need a mission. It doesn't matter if it's backed by fact and logic or not.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it’s always the ones who don’t care about others. It sucks but not much we can do except report them.

We have a size limit on our lake I think at 28’. There are some larger cruiser and cigarette boats that have been grandfathered in before that law was passed.Most of the time I see them anchored in the party coves but yes once they get going to get on plane they throw a massive wake. I submarined my SeaDoo once when riding behind a cruiser coming in plane from no wake zone lol.

We have active law enforcement on our lake which I think them having a presence helps keep some of the riff-raff at bay....most of the time. There are a few trouble makers though just like anytime you get a lot of people around. Our biggest issue on the lake surprisingly is dock theft :(

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it’s always the ones who don’t care about others. It sucks but not much we can do except report them.

We have a size limit on our lake I think at 28’. There are some larger cruiser and cigarette boats that have been grandfathered in before that law was passed.Most of the time I see them anchored in the party coves but yes once they get going to get on plane they throw a massive wake. I submarined my SeaDoo once when riding behind a cruiser coming in plane from no wake zone lol.

We have active law enforcement on our lake which I think them having a presence helps keep some of the riff-raff at bay....most of the time. There are a few trouble makers though just like anytime you get a lot of people around. Our biggest issue on the lake surprisingly is dock theft :(
They should have put size restrictions in place for our busiest lakes a long time ago. It's currently a dick size battle for who can have the most ridiculously large and expensive boat on an inland lake. There are already wake laws in place that mandate how far from shore you must be at wake speed, but they are not well enforced so there is problem #1.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They should have put size restrictions in place for our busiest lakes a long time ago. It's currently a dick size battle for who can have the most ridiculously large and expensive boat on an inland lake. There are already wake laws in place that mandate how far from shore you must be at wake speed, but they are not well enforced so there is problem #1.
I agree there should be size limits. Some of these cruisers on our lakes are for sure made for the ocean! The cigarette boats are not as bad but the cruiser yachts are too much IMO. They are slow to plane anyways so if one idiot driving one of those doesn't show respect when leaving the cove it just causes a bunch of pissed off boaters because he'll kick up a big wake while plowing. This is one of the reasons we avoid party coves and always find the hidden gem coves for isolation and relaxing :winkingthumbsup"....

It's not just the size that can do some damage but also the frequency. This past season was BRUTAL with all the boat traffic and seemingly newbie boat owners!! Our lake is a bt open so it only takes a few mph of wind to kick up decent chop. Add in all the boats we had this year and it was just a washing machine. We have red clay bottom so all of the shorelines would look like Campbell's tomato soup just from the constant bashing of waves on the shores. heck the only way you could enjoy the lake without navigating through a sea of idiots was to visit during the week. I'm hoping that next season a lot of these new boaters will have had their fun and sold off their boats. It made finding good water to surf in difficult at times.

Last edited:

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is a great picture and a nice looking boat!

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just got word our new Max was delivered to the dealer. We have an appt to inspect and close on the boat in a couple weeks where it will then remain stored until spring. Needless to say I will be taking 100 pictures!
Yayyyy! Welcome to the club!
what exterior and interior colors did you go with.
my advice is to “tune” your amp when you get it home. Stock the wet sounds and sub sounded awful, we a tune from us at home, it sounds 10 times better and we actually have bass now LOL.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yayyyy! Welcome to the club!
what exterior and interior colors did you go with.
my advice is to “tune” your amp when you get it home. Stock the wet sounds and sub sounded awful, we a tune from us at home, it sounds 10 times better and we actually have bass now LOL.
Yes we are excited! We had a Moomba Mobius LSV for many years that we sold in 2016, then tried the Yamaha. So we are back with Moomba.

We went with an all black exterior with tan interior/tan gator step floor..black chrome graphics.

Regarding the stereo- we did not upgrade the stereo system because I would like to handle this myself. For the most part we are fairly low key type of folks who don’t need a loud stereo with too much bass, but I will likely do something mild. Also, I am not a fan of tower speakers- doesn’t fit our style ( I know we sound like old crotchety folks..) :p

I will post some pics as soon as we get home...closing in the 27th..

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Maybe someday I'll go back too..Congrats on your new boat!! Looking forward to the pictures.
Like a high school sweetheart...oops did I say that out loud?
2006 Outback LS...my first full inboard.
7C9396AE-27F8-4D53-A6C7-FD7EE6972051.jpeg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes we are excited! We had a Moomba Mobius LSV for many years that we sold in 2016, then tried the Yamaha. So we are back with Moomba.

We went with an all black exterior with tan interior/tan gator step floor..black chrome graphics.

Regarding the stereo- we did not upgrade the stereo system because I would like to handle this myself. For the most part we are fairly low key type of folks who don’t need a loud stereo with too much bass, but I will likely do something mild. Also, I am not a fan of tower speakers- doesn’t fit our style ( I know we sound like old crotchety folks..) :p

I will post some pics as soon as we get home...closing in the 27th..
You will love the brown interior. Thats what we did too. Brown and brown. LOVE IT!!!

Be very careful with the all black exterior, its shows every nick and scratch. But when clean its so dope.

Curious what you plan to do with the sound? Most people do tower speakers so the rider can listed to music while boarding.
We have the "stock" wetsounds with 2 8' or 10' wetsound Revs up top and they are PLENTY loud IMHO.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You will love the brown interior. Thats what we did too. Brown and brown. LOVE IT!!!

Be very careful with the all black exterior, its shows every nick and scratch. But when clean its so dope.

Curious what you plan to do with the sound? Most people do tower speakers so the rider can listed to music while boarding.
We have the "stock" wetsounds with 2 8' or 10' wetsound Revs up top and they are PLENTY loud IMHO.
I always like to advise people not to just buy the Rev's because they are the most popular option. After having the Rev's on my tower, I would rather have the Icon's up top. The Rev's are designed to project to wake board distances. Even at low volumes while sitting behind the boat coving, they will still project a long ways courtesy of the horn loaded driver. The Icon's have a standard tweeter so by the time you get to wakeboard distances the sound has pretty much dissipated. If all you want is sound behind the boat while coving or surfing, I personally prefer the Icon series. The Rev's are going to do a better job for surfing, but the people on shore on a small lake will also be able to listen if you are rocking. Both series sound great. Probably the best sounding towers in the market from what I have listened to.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Yeah, I know the black will be more maintenance..I guess I am glutton for punishment. But it’ll match my black truck and look bad azz when clean :winkingthumbsup"

Eventually I will probably just add a sub and amp. I won’t be adding tower speakers (as mentioned they are not my style and I don’t need loud music when I am surfing..lol).

Need to assess what the basic stock system sounds like before I make plans- I will have a better idea in a couple weeks!

Ironman10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We went with a 2020 195S last year as a first boat for easy trailer to the lake and garage storage. Considering a move now to a Moomba as we love to be out on the water and behind the boat with more family (we're 5 alone). I'll have to figure out the storage piece, but every wake boat has a much higher capacity. Is it just because the boat can carry more weight, or is there truly that much more seating room? On average, we're going to be likely at 9-10 people regularly, so trying to figure out the size I'm looking for if I'm going to pull the trigger. Recommendations?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We went with a 2020 195S last year as a first boat for easy trailer to the lake and garage storage. Considering a move now to a Moomba as we love to be out on the water and behind the boat with more family (we're 5 alone). I'll have to figure out the storage piece, but every wake boat has a much higher capacity. Is it just because the boat can carry more weight, or is there truly that much more seating room? On average, we're going to be likely at 9-10 people regularly, so trying to figure out the size I'm looking for if I'm going to pull the trigger. Recommendations?
Something about the construction allows them to hold a lot of weight. Interior seating space is pretty much the same if you compare the same length boats. The only thing that I can think of is that there is sooooo much more fiberglass in the hulls that they are strong enough to hold the weight and withstand the extra external water pressure against the hull better than Yamaha. The sides of my boat are probably at least four times as thick as my Yamaha was.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That crew size you’ll want a 22’ or greater.

Yes these boats can carry more passengers because they are built to carry heavy loads but also they have seating that allows for a lot of room and people onboard. I’ve had 15 people on my Max before and it’s not ideal for me but it’s rated for 17 and I had room for them if it wanted it. We typically have a small crew usually just my wife and daughter especially with COVID going around.

To give you a good visual at just how much space is utilized vs a Yamaha see post #16 in this thread.