• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You know that's the name going forward now, right? :D
Its always been the name...

Got some sensitive folks in here...explains the need for the loud stereo systems..:winkingthumbsup"

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Tige’s are nice boats. We don’t have many of them around here but the few I’ve seen are nice and have cool lines.

The engines are closed cooled but not entirely. The number with the Raptor motors is the torque rather than horsepower, which is what matters most for these kinds of boats. I’m not too familiar with that exact boat but we have the 400 engine and it’s a great engine. Tons of power and torque!!

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts if you do a water test. Have fun!
Good to read about the motor - yes closed loop but still water cooled. I like that you don't have water and sand going through the block, but it adds another point of failure in your cooling system I guess.

Also, oil changes every 50 hours and 2 spark plugs per cylinder! Damn!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Got some sensitive folks in here...explains the need for the loud stereo systems..:winkingthumbsup"
LOL damn sensitive nancies and their dumbazz stereos.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, I take back my rant (slightly) about brands. Seems that if you look at the right brand, you can buy them. Currently found that the 2021 Tige 23ZX checks nearly all the boxes for us:

1) 16 person cap
2) ~4k ballast
3) Dumbazz stereo system (6x rev8 in the boat, 4x rev 10s on the tower)
4) Closed cooling 400hpm Indmar
5) walkthrough on bow with seating, walkthrough into stern
6) power tower
7) full LED lighting system
8) stern thruster

It's a little light on storage under the rear seats due to the ballast tanks (if you don't count the PnP bags in the stern) but we're not overnighting on the boat, and still has more than the Yamaha.
You can also check out Tige's value line ATX, along of the stuff carries over from Tige. I think they essentially took what used to be the Tige R series and spun it off to ATX. Almost all boat companies don't want a value line with their name on it, MasterCraft is the exception.
You should check out a MasterCraft's new NXT24, big boat with a lot of room, it can be had for under 100K. If you want all of the touchscreens and all of the crap that's expensive to replace the NXT isn't for you though.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You can also check out Tige's value line ATX, along of the stuff carries over from Tige. I think they essentially took what used to be the Tige R series and spun it off to ATX. Almost all boat companies don't want a value line with their name on it, MasterCraft is the exception.
You should check out a MasterCraft's new NXT24, big boat with a lot of room, it can be had for under 100K. If you want all of the touchscreens and all of the crap that's expensive to replace the NXT isn't for you though.
I wasn't impressed with the low level Tige or ATX line because of the bow basically being a playpen on top of the ballast tanks. I feel like that area would wear out quickly.

Funny you mention Mastercraft - according to their website they have five different dealers for my zip code. However if you call their dealers, non of them can even quote you a price. I actually wrote them a pretty nasty email telling them that they've taken their brand protection a step too far and that they may need to reset expectations with their dealerships. As of today I still can't get a quote from any of them.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

BF2FCCE5-1811-45BF-9B60-431EFB6CB1B4.jpeg
Get those dumbazz stereos ready! Memorial Day is coming!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 143954
Get those dumbazz stereos ready! Memorial Day is coming!
LOLOL! Although I see what he's talking about as well. There's an assclown or 2 in one of the coves I hang out in that love to load up all of their ballasts and blast taylor swift and then ride within 3 feet of everyone towing a wake boarder. Yes, literally taylor swift and it's so freakin loud it nearly hurts my ears, can't imagine how it is on their boat. At first I thought they were just being douche canoes, however after seeing them do it on several different days/occasions I believe they're genuinely clueless. It's never ok to load up and plow around in a cove where everyone is anchored and hanging out......forget the music choice. LOL!

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s possible to turn down the in boat speakers and just blast the tower speakers. Not very loud unless your behind the tower in the boat.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LOLOL! Although I see what he's talking about as well. There's an assclown or 2 in one of the coves I hang out in that love to load up all of their ballasts and blast taylor swift and then ride within 3 feet of everyone towing a wake boarder. Yes, literally taylor swift and it's so freakin loud it nearly hurts my ears, can't imagine how it is on their boat. At first I thought they were just being douche canoes, however after seeing them do it on several different days/occasions I believe they're genuinely clueless. It's never ok to load up and plow around in a cove where everyone is anchored and hanging out......forget the music choice. LOL!
We are definitely not that boat. Theres a time and place to blast your dumbazz music and the situation you described is not one them. One thing my crew and I go out of the way to do is be aware of our surroundings and be respectful to the boaters near by.

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It’s possible to turn down the in boat speakers and just blast the tower speakers. Not very loud unless your behind the tower in the boat.
Oh for sure, but in this case you can hear and feel the subs. The thing sounds BA, just kind of obnoxious, and paired with them being asshats makes it worse. Generally everyone in the cove has their music on and at a pretty loud volume, but not right on top of one another. So, it really just ends up being background noise. BUT when you come plowing right next to people blasting your rubbish music.......you deserve a swift kick in the walnuts.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah that’s just annoying. We’re not on a busy lake so it’s usually only a couple boats in a cove.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh for sure, but in this case you can hear and feel the subs. The thing sounds BA, just kind of obnoxious, and paired with them being asshats makes it worse. Generally everyone in the cove has their music on and at a pretty loud volume, but not right on top of one another. So, it really just ends up being background noise. BUT when you come plowing right next to people blasting your rubbish music.......you deserve a swift kick in the walnuts.
I picked up a wetsounds a-link so I can link up with other boats. Typically, when we arrive at the sand bar or cove I’ll offer to play the music off of neighboring boats first instead of rolling in hot and drowning everyone else out. Works out pretty well.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I picked up a wetsounds a-link so I can link up with other boats. Typically, when we arrive at the sand bar or cove I’ll offer to play the music off of neighboring boats first instead of rolling in hot and drowning everyone else out. Works out pretty well.
first time I’ve heard of this, is it just a Bluetooth device or?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah that’s just annoying. We’re not on a busy lake so it’s usually only a couple boats in a cove.
That used to be the case on our lakes too. Covid has made things go bonkers. Used to be my local lake that's not more than a few miles from my house we could hit on any day and it would be dead. We even hit it on July 4th weekend and parking lot still had 10-15 open spots. It's a pretty small lake that only has 2 sets of 4 lane boat ramps at opposite ends of the lake. I miss those days. It was so nice! You'd head back to the largest cove and there'd be maybe 4-5 other boats all spread apart. In the middle people would be pulling tubes and such. Generally by the time the wave hit you when you were floating it was barely a ripple since they were so far away. You'd be hard pressed to see more than a handful of surf/wake boats and they hung out on a deeper inlet and would surf/wake board. Now they're everywhere.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
first time I’ve heard of this, is it just a Bluetooth device or?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I could care less about sound systems, but whoa whos the hot surfer?? I like to see her on the stripper pole..I am not offended by that..lol

1615370309390.png