• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dealer is supposed to swing by today and check out my boat for final numbers. We are still negotiating numbers, more on that later.

In the meantime I found this nice wave pic of a Max with 5700 lbs of ballast. Nice, clean and meaty wave!!

F9445A8E-5691-445D-80FF-1AFECA6FA7B7.jpeg

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm very curious to hear what the dealership will give you in trade on your AR192 if your open to sharing?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I moved on from my SX210 to the MB, the dealer gave me a written trade-in offer on the Yamaha at the time we made the deal. The idea, though, was that the trade in was just a safety net (they didn't really want it either). Thus, once I placed the boat order, I knew I had 6-8 weeks to get my boat sold. I ended up selling it myself to the first person who came and checked it out. Took about 4 weeks of fielding phone calls from people asking if I'd take half my asking price "cash" (as though "cash" means anything - its not like I was offering to finance it or to take chickens for it or something). Ended up selling it for about $4K more than the trade in offer the dealer made, but the trade offer was fair.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My salesman came by my house last night to look at my boat and he came away very impressed with how new it looks and what I’ve done with it. He liked the seadek and says it looks good in these boats. He said it looks like Yamaha has come a long ways from last time he paid attention to the jet boats lol. Overall he said the boat was everything I told them it was and he took a bunch of pics to send to the owner.

At this time I can’t really get into the specifics of the deal at the request of the dealer. Strange for me to say...I know ....but I hope I can explain later on. I can say their first offer was in the low 20’s with my boat being sight unseen to them. Obviously I didn’t go for this number but I can say the dealer is doing all they can to make this happen. I will know more next week once I talk to the owner after the Chattanooga boat show this weekend.

Today I signed off on my incentives sheet which will be tied to the boat build and locks in the boat show incentives. Upon agreement Skiers Choice will then assign me a build slot number that way I can track the boat through my dealer once it starts production.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My salesman came by my house last night to look at my boat and he came away very impressed with how new it looks and what I’ve done with it. He liked the seadek and says it looks good in these boats. He said it looks like Yamaha has come a long ways from last time he paid attention to the jet boats lol. Overall he said the boat was everything I told them it was and he took a bunch of pics to send to the owner.

At this time I can’t really get into the specifics of the deal at the request of the dealer. Strange for me to say...I know ....but I hope I can explain later on. I can say their first offer was in the low 20’s with my boat being sight unseen to them. Obviously I didn’t go for this number but I can say the dealer is doing all they can to make this happen. I will know more next week once I talk to the owner after the Chattanooga boat show this weekend.

Today I signed off on my incentives sheet which will be tied to the boat build and locks in the boat show incentives. Upon agreement Skiers Choice will then assign me a build slot number that way I can track the boat through my dealer once it starts production.
I’m really enjoying reading about this journey. I had no idea there was so much involved. I always assumed you got the one on the floor.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m really enjoying reading about this journey. I had no idea there was so much involved. I always assumed you got the one on the floor.
Well you can certainly go to a dealer and buy one there but you would be buying a boat how they optioned it out. There's nothing wrong with that but there might be some things you would do differently or that you would (or wouldn't) add. Then you're also stuck with whatever color scheme they chose for the exterior gelcoat and interior fabrics. It doesn't cost anything.extra to have the boat custom spec'd to exactly how you want it and what options. You'll be charged the same and then it's up to you and your dealer negotiating. I look at it as if you're going to spend the money you might as well build it how you want and wait a few weeks or months while it's being built. Plus you get to go see it at the factory while they are working on it which is pretty cool experience IMO!

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As long as you have the patience to wait, it is really fun to "design" your specific boat and have it built. Makes it potentially one-of-a-kind and exactly to your own liking.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It’s official. Approved the deal and locking in the build today!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A lot of power in that wave it seems!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! Been looking at the max online past few days and I really like it. I built one with everything i would want and it came out to $78k. I didn’t know it but the craz and mojo have 100” beams compared to 102” on the max. You wouldn’t think it but that 2” makes a big difference.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup that 2" makes a big difference! The Max feels so much roomier by comparison, especially next to the Craz. We are pumped! Waiting to get my VIN numbers and spray date. Also seeing if boatmate will do a favor and swap out the wheels for me at no cost. Not going up in size just different style than all the Moomba boats usually come with.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is my finalized build spec I submitted to Skiers Choice

2019 Moomba Max
Indmar Raptor 400 engine
15x13 OJ 945 Wake prop
Main panel color: Ultra Blue Metal Flake
Hull color: White
Accent color: White
Deck color: White
Stainless Steel rubrail in White
Boatmate tandem axle trailer painted in Dark Graphite
Trailer steps w/ LED reverse lighting
Folding trailer tongue
Upholstery base color: White Diamante/Light Graphite Marlin
Upholstery panel color: Light Graphite Marlin
Welt color: Pacific Blue Trexx
Gator Step non-skid flooring in Light Gray
chrome Moomba logo
bow filler cushion
flip-up drivers bolster
4x pop-up cleats
G6 ballast upgrade (6 pumps)
AutoWake 3 with MultiSensor technology
Flow 2.0 surf system
Audio Package: (2) 8" WetSounds Rev8 tower speakers, 10" WetSounds sub, (4) 6.5" WetSounds cockpit speakers, WetSounds 5-channel amp
Depth finder
Charcoal boat cover with Hangtyte
Premium tower bimini with arms and surf storage pockets on top

I think it came out really clean and a bit unique looking compared to other Max's. I could have gone for more interior colors but I liked how this came out clean, and a bit subdued or understated inside scheme. I wanted something that would age well and not be too bold or colorful. Just enough color on the inside to bring in the blue from the outside.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I made a quick photoshop edit of one of the promo marketing pictures of the Max using my color choices for exterior, interior and rub rail. I think this thing is going to look sweet in person on the water!!

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats man! Boat looks awesome....It’s always great to get a new toy....

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can you make all the people on the boat blue too?

Like a bunch of Avatar creatures.
While you’re at it, give the kid surfing a chainsaw.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don;t know much about things, but why is the kid's board the other way around. Can you change goofy/regular like in wakeboarding? Also the wave seems inverted.

Richardb

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't like the prop. Big wake equals water displacement equals not fuel efficient. If you were going for big wake then congrats, this thing looks like it does the job, but not my cup of tea.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don;t know much about things, but why is the kid's board the other way around. Can you change goofy/regular like in wakeboarding? Also the wave seems inverted.
He likely did a shoveit trick but yes you can ride them backwards.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't like the prop. Big wake equals water displacement equals not fuel efficient. If you were going for big wake then congrats, this thing looks like it does the job, but not my cup of tea.
That’s the whole reason for buying these kinds of boats. No replacement for displacement. In terms of fuel efficiency this boat is going to be much better than my Yamaha AR192, even if I rode around full 3,000 lbs ballast at wake board speeds! The AR192 can burn over 21 gph at WOT!!!! The Raptor engine in these boats is pretty fuel efficient for a wake boat and better than my jet boat. Jet boats themselves are not fuel efficient the second you get beyond cruising speed just off plane.

Last edited: