• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thoughts and demo rides of wake / towsports boats: Moomba Max, Axis A22, MB Sports

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup I was talking with one of the salesman when he turned it up and he mentioned the sub boxes for the two 12's. I'm going to add a box to the back of my free air so I can get a little more bump out of it. But man, when he turned that JL system up in the new SA it was so full and hitting hard outside the boat! I loved the upfront dash speakers which adds a bunch of fill to the sound field in the cockpit. The DSP amps and how JL comes into the factory for each boat these days to custom tune them is nuts!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
looks killer! Your neighbors must be like get a load of this guy out in the cold lol. I'd be doing the same thing :D

I wished the Moomba Bostmate trailers came with a backlit logo. Always thought it was a nice touch without being too much like running full LEDs along the frame rails.

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@haknslash out of my own curiosity - compared to the other models, how many people were checking out the Supreme boats?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash out of my own curiosity - compared to the other models, how many people were checking out the Supreme boats?
Not many at all and to be honest it crossed my mind while I was there. They just don't have a big following here compared to central and western portions of the country. The dealership that sells them I think primarily focus on their Nautique boats and not so much their Centurion or Supreme brands they also carry. There wasn't a single Centurion at the show. They didn't bring one out last year either. Last time I saw a Centurion at the show was 2017. MB was not there this year either. Only a handful of salesman at the Supreme end of their Nautique/Supreme display and most salesmen and their crowd hung around Nautiques. Of the competition while we were there the Skiers Marine booth had the most traffic carrying Mastercraft, Supra and Moomba. Most people checking out the Paragon were just there to sit in it and experience what a $280k wake boat looks like. Personally I think it's way overpriced for what it is even though it's a highly detailed boat.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Maybe I should stay home instead of going to the show next weekend. Is a 3rd boat in 3 yrs too much?? Pretty sure the wife would kill me if I mentioned it. But, I do love looking at those Supra and Moomba pics!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Maybe I should stay home instead of going to the show next weekend. Is a 3rd boat in 3 yrs too much?? Pretty sure the wife would kill me if I mentioned it. But, I do love looking at those Supra and Moomba pics!!
You only live once... :D

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bad influence!!
Hey now, aren't we all here to spend each others' money? It wouldn't be right of me not to give you the go ahead :D. You can even tell your wife a guy on the forum said it was OK so we good right?! :winkingthumbsup" :p

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
BTW @MattFX4 I'm jealous of your awesome built-in trash can. #itsthelittlethingsinlife

Haha yeah it’s pretty cool. There is tons of storage on this boat since all the ballast is subfloor. It has 3,500 stock so trying to decide if I want to add 500lb of lead. I think I’ll wait and see. We aren’t pro’s, and don’t need a tsunami. I agree with the back lit
Logo on trailer. It looks cool as hell in person. I was bummed at first today because my running lights didn’t work. Got home and
Looked into it and truck had a blown fuse.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
haha gotta love the old blown fuse trolling you giving you a false heart attack or at minimum some depression. Glad you got it sorted :)

Honestly I'd just drive the boat with stock ballast and go from there. It will give you a baseline and you will learn what the boat hull likes and doesn't like with the surf system. From there you will know if and where you need to place ballast. Obviously it certainly won't hurt adding some lead but that boat is heavy enough that 3,500 lbs puts out a damn nice wave stock. I think you'll be happy af when you hit the surf switch :winkingthumbsup"

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
haha gotta love the old blown fuse trolling you giving you a false heart attack or at minimum some depression. Glad you got it sorted :)

Honestly I'd just drive the boat with stock ballast and go from there. It will give you a baseline and you will learn what the boat hull likes and doesn't like with the surf system. From there you will know if and where you need to place ballast. Obviously it certainly won't hurt adding some lead but that boat is heavy enough that 3,500 lbs puts out a damn nice wave stock. I think you'll be happy af when you hit the surf switch :winkingthumbsup"
Agreed!

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spent a bunch of time comparing the interiors of the "budget" boats and to me, the only one that could hold a candle to the Supreme, especially in vinyl quality, is the Moombas. Apparently Centurion has a patent tie up on their vinyl and nobody beats it. I have been toying with upgrading if I could find a boat in the 22' range that had what I love about the Supreme, but could check a couple more boxes too. I'm a big fan of the Craz and the Kaiyen, but man if they would just do a smarter tower with both of those boats. They should be able to clear an 8' garage door. The Kaiyen bow is really small, but I can live with that because both boats have great main cab space which I am lacking.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Speaking of towers I loved the tower on the SA we sat in especially the Bimini. It may be the same tower as @MattFX4 's SL but not sure. It has a rear extension and the front was pretty long. Kind of like a duckbill off the back or mini bimini, The cool thing about it besides being power was that when you trailer the front bimini folds backward over the tower and locks in place with a little knob making it real low profile to tow with the cover over everything considering how big the tower and boat is. I wanted to take pics and film as the salesman was explaining it to a group of people on the boat he was talking to but I didn't want to look like a photo freak lol. It's a nice tower and would love to have it on my Max. It probably costs 10k though so yea no thanks lol.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I spent a bunch of time comparing the interiors of the "budget" boats and to me, the only one that could hold a candle to the Supreme, especially in vinyl quality, is the Moombas. Apparently Centurion has a patent tie up on their vinyl and nobody beats it. I have been toying with upgrading if I could find a boat in the 22' range that had what I love about the Supreme, but could check a couple more boxes too. I'm a big fan of the Craz and the Kaiyen, but man if they would just do a smarter tower with both of those boats. They should be able to clear an 8' garage door. The Kaiyen bow is really small, but I can live with that because both boats have great main cab space which I am lacking.
I do remember the Centurion and a Supreme having nice feeling material last time I sat in one. I prefer your styling of boat over the Z series though by far as it has way better lines. Just can't get into all those angles I think it just throws me all off. Not sure what it is. I know the hull is tuned for wave shaping and all but maybe it's the gel lines they chose. Don't know but I just know I like your style better. It's a shame there is not more of them around and they brought two Z series and nothing else.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think Centurion/Supreme are lower volume manufacturers than Supra/Moomba, and way smaller than Malibu/Axis. But even here in my hood where we have two strong dealers who push the Centurion/Supreme brands, Supreme really seems to struggle to make solid ground in the marketplace. I cant say I remember ever seeing another Supreme out on the water except for my buddies who turned me on to them. I dont quite understand why because they make a really solid product.
I do remember the Centurion and a Supreme having nice feeling material last time I sat in one. I prefer your styling of boat over the Z series though by far as it has way better lines. Just can't get into all those angles I think it just throws me all off. Not sure what it is. I know the hull is tuned for wave shaping and all but maybe it's the gel lines they chose. Don't know but I just know I like your style better. It's a shame there is not more of them around and they brought two Z series and nothing else.
I agree. There is just something a little too funky a about it and I have always been drawn to the boats with more classic lines. And I cannot get over the dash with the gauges on the right side. It makes way more sense to put the touch screen to the right side and keep the gauges on top like Moombas and Mastercrafts. But, it is supposed to be a killer wave behind that thing... why cant somebody just make me the perfect boat!?! About 22'-22'6". Clears an 8' header, a bimini that covers the majority of the main cockpit, 4000lb ballast, a long pushy wave, a cleanly styled interior and some classic lines with a simple gelcoat scheme that is a little flashy, but not to loud and crazy, for around $75k or less. How hard can it be? 🤣

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Speaking of towers I loved the tower on the SA we sat in especially the Bimini. It may be the same tower as @MattFX4 's SL but not sure. It has a rear extension and the front was pretty long. Kind of like a duckbill off the back or mini bimini, The cool thing about it besides being power was that when you trailer the front bimini folds backward over the tower and locks in place with a little knob making it real low profile to tow with the cover over everything considering how big the tower and boat is. I wanted to take pics and film as the salesman was explaining it to a group of people on the boat he was talking to but I didn't want to look like a photo freak lol. It's a nice tower and would love to have it on my Max. It probably costs 10k though so yea no thanks lol.
One minor thing that has bugged me about the Moombas is that their biminis look like they only cover the driver and first passenger or two on the port side. Not probably going to be a deal breaker for most people, but I know a lot of the Centurion and Supreme guys are big on Sewlong custom biminis. Any idea if they have any kind of a solution for the Moombas to help cover more of the rear?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The overall coverage is close to what my AR192 bimini was I'd say. I would love some additional rear shade on the Moomba bimini and my guess is there will be a tower upgrade in the next major redesign model. What Skiers Choice tends to do from what I can tell is the Moomba boats eventually get the Supra stuff after a few years on the Supra line. Like the fabric in my boat is the same from a 2018 Supra. The Roswell A3 tower in my boat is the same they used to use on the 2017 Supra IIRC. Moomba used to have the A2 tower. So there is a progression and trickle down they do which makes sense for production use after a few years move it from your premium brand to the budget brand. Rinse and repeat kind of thing. My guess is the Moomba eventually get the Supra's FxOne power tower at least as an option later down the road in a few years and the A3 Pro tower will become the "standard" tower. If the 2018 Supra FxOne towers is anything like the 2020 it has rear extension / duckbill already and offers quite a bit of coverage.

There is a thread on the Moomba forum about adding a rear extension but so far nobody has bought some of the ones suggested and tried it out. Some people posted and said they had an upholstery shop quote them and it was $350 or so to make a custom rear extension but obviously those prices would vary depending on shops around the country. He said most of the quoted price was because of the poles they wanted to use to make it.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep that’s what mine has. It’s the FX one tower and the Bimini is actually pretty big. It has that back section that extends back. This pic shows it pretty good from side.

6A0902E9-4C45-452B-93A0-6E4576F78D76.jpeg