• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower boat flag holder?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm very interested in this topic. I have a 2017 AR 190. Just curious if anyone has a tower around that age and some flag pole holders that have wroked well for you.
I got stainless steal clamp on fishing rod holders on eBay for $30. There is a thread in the FAQ on this site I believe that has the tower dimensions for all the years and make.

They have held up great in the Florida heat/sun/salt water, no issues, even flying the flags cruising around (except the flags getting tattered) and they are much cheaper than many of the “marine” flag pole holders.

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the replies. I believe I saw in the FAQs where there were the dimensions for the 2017 ar 192 and 195. I assume my AR190 would have the same dimensions. Lots of options. All better than zipties!

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
im looking for two clamp on flag holders for my 1 7/8 " AR192 tower.

I see the airhead (made by Kwik Tek)

Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder Amazon.com : Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder : Outdoor Flags : Sports & Outdoors

However, reviews say it only works with their flag pole, and reviews on this board say they don't hold.

I don't have or want permanent rod holders (I got portable ones). Anyone know of a QUALITY unit that has a rubber interior sleeve (like my awesome bullet lines speaker clamps that I converted to a VHF antenna holder).

Kinda wish bullet would make one :)
i have this exact model off of amazon. it works great for us. no issues so far. we have the ski flag also, it has a padded handle, its not tight but somewhat snug and it holds just fine.

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wasn’t sure what flag pole I wanted so I went with this. It’s from Fly a Flag. No pole needed. Just Velcro it to the tower. I have a red white and blue one on the way also since I liked this one so much. Velcro is good quality and seemed to handle speed pretty well B152B114-81A0-4D26-8F18-3F26C0297482.jpegF52CA265-2493-4E13-A33E-D993E1FAE348.jpeg

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I wasn’t sure what flag pole I wanted so I went with this. It’s from Fly a Flag. No pole needed. Just Velcro it to the tower. I have a red white and blue one on the way also since I liked this one so much. Velcro is good quality and seemed to handle speed pretty well View attachment 132316View attachment 132318
Hey, that's my boat! What's even better is I'm flying the Thin Blue Line flag as well, along with a Tennessee state flag. Nice!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Go with the Big Air clamp and pole, fly a full 3x5!

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Go with the Big Air clamp and pole, fly a full 3x5!
I ordered the flag holders and a couple poles from Big Air on Tuesday, they arrived today. Fast shipping, packaged very well. Super impressed with how STOUT that clamp is, it's huge. I got the 46" poles, they are perfect for our 2x3' flags. Yes they're a bit pricey but with their quality and being made in the USA I'm really happy with them so far. Haven't put them on the boat but hope to test that out this weekend.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I ordered the flag holders and a couple poles from Big Air on Tuesday, they arrived today. Fast shipping, packaged very well. Super impressed with how STOUT that clamp is, it's huge. I got the 46" poles, they are perfect for our 2x3' flags. Yes they're a bit pricey but with their quality and being made in the USA I'm really happy with them so far. Haven't put them on the boat but hope to test that out this weekend.
Yep they’re expensive, but I ran a full size at 50mph all summer and the only the flag got wrecked. Just make sure to mind bridge heights.