• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Towing 5 Hour Drive in High Heat, Which Type of Cover?

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A shipping type cover or will the mooring cover work? When I take it out locally I obviously don't need anything. But I'll be in Havasu and it will be in high heat and direct sunlight for at least 3 hours of the drive and also while docked at the house we're renting.

Thanks to all!

I towed mine from my house in the Tampa region down to the keys and it was about a 6 hr drive. I didn't use any cover during the tow.
Id rather not subject the cover to any stress on the fabric due to highway speeds during towing. Boat did just fine with no issues. This was in Aug in Florida heat.

No cover but if I had to, those shipping covers do ok in long distance towing

The cover will give you a ton of extra drag and wind resistance too. I only used my cover to tow once as it was already raining and didn’t want the dash and GPS to get rained on.

Down the hill to the close lake no cover.
Anywhere else the Yamaha mooring does an awesome job.
Broom style rock guard for road debris.
I have seen the aftermath of an exploded rear dif.

I ran my mooring cover when I made the trip to lake Powell and there was gear on the deck of the boat which the cover kept out of sight. I had thought the cover would keep the inside clean-er than just leaving it open, it did not. On the FSH series this mooring cover looks like it is going shred at any minute at 65-70 mph, it held for 1700 miles bit I don’t tow with it now. I think you are better served to not run the cover, especially in high heat, and then put the cover on once you get to your destination.

Back