• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing with Tesla Model X

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s awesome! Not sure when I would use it but kinda like the underwater lights on the boat that I get to use once a year, the time I get to pull a turn like that in public would give me a... well you know what.

love the innovation!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That SUV is looking mighty good to me. Should I figure the towing range to be half the non tow range?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That SUV is looking mighty good to me. Should I figure the towing range to be half the non tow range?
I'll have to double check the data, but I think something like 60% of advertised range when towing. It will really depend on aerodynamics more than anything.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
7700 lbs towing with the SUV. Is that enough safety margin? I think my Expedition is 9200 lbs. 212X is about 5000 lbs.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
7700 lbs towing with the SUV. Is that enough safety margin? I think my Expedition is 9200 lbs. 212X is about 5000 lbs.
It's close IMO. 242x is like 5500 on the trailer if I remember right. That gives you 2200lbs for people and gear. 5 more people at 200lbs each is 1k lbs. Leaving 1200lbs of margin for coolers and gear and such. It's close, but not overly so.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apparently GM planning to bring back the Hummer in 2022 as an all electric. According to the article they plan to run an ad for it in the super bowl. Win or fail?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The more the merrier IMO.

The H1 was an impressive piece of hardware. The H2 was a bit of a joke IMO (overweight Tahoe). The H3 was highly capable but never really taken seriously after the H2 was on the scene.

Maybe an H4, or an H4E will be looked at differently. Judging my @swatski comments, I'm guessing most likely not.

Can't be any worse than the cybertruk at this point.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If it's anything like the H2, please NO! That thing was basically a ugly body kit on a Tahoe. The interior was even worse with hardly any room, especially up front. I cringed anytime I'd have to work on one as they are just horrible plays on the Hummer name.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone go out and buy an electric truck please! Once the surplus of fossil becomes apparent and prices plummet we can afford more gas for our boats and diesel in my truck.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a really interesting take on camper systems. A drive setup on the trailer itself to help ease the burden on the tow vehicle. While not well suited for marine applications. RV, cargo, and livestock trailer could benefit greatly from this tech.

Thoughts?

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a bad idea. I think even better would be if the electric tow vehicle could accept power from a battery on the towed vehicle. That way you'd increase range without duplicating the EV drive train. An EV certainly isn't going to be power limited in a towing scenario, but range limitation is a big issue.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Local GM dealer
Screenshot_20200130-205959_Facebook.jpg

Tyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's cool. I've seen it referenced as a truck versus the SUV form factor that made up most Hummers. Any idea which body it will have? Truck or SUV?

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting the companies using vaulted names to delve into ev's. Mustang, now Hummer.

the posts above... the h2. total joke! It WAS a Tahoe. Let us hope this isn't like that.

good for GM, i look forward to it.