• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Towing with Tesla Model X

Gross. If that was coming from any company outside the Cult of Tesla, it'd be universally panned as being a half finished hideous design. It looks like a low polygon count truck from an early 90s racing game., lol.

So cool, does it come with ivermectin in the glove compartment? Sorry couldn't resist a lame joke. I'll see myself to the time out corner.

I really do dig it tho. I like the fact that it is simply different.

Nope thats only included with FSD. mushrooms and ayahuasca come standard.

Lame/funny... fine line. :D

Not towing related, but heading out on my oldie 75D Model S from ATL to Disney World in a couple of days. Map says 2 stops!

COOL. hope it works out for them. I think Dodge has the chance to do it right, seeing what they did with the hellcat etc.... making bitchin cars out of a basic platform.

Id like to see one of these companies shoot for a blend of cheap and durable though. rather than just cool and expensive. Tesla included..

there is STILL a bunch of mis-info bred by sociopolitical bias out there. I was just repeatedly insulted in a motorcycle group about EV's.

there was a Post making a joke and photo about the coming of EV motorcycles. I respond with photo of my bike and car together and this: "i'm all ready for it, best car we've owned, as soon as someone makes a viable AND usable bike Ill get one, until then I ride what works"

On fellows clever response: "STUPID!" :) I am not paraphrasing. a grown man said this to me....his final correspondence was to call me a lying hypocrite when I shared my charge stats(cool new feature on the tesla app) we saved $195 last month on relative fuel costs. Only charged at home. she drove 2000-ish miles, charge cost was $117 (proven by additional electricity bill charges)

Another was slighting me saying I was lying and you cant recoup the price of a $150k car by electricity... gob-smacked when I told them I paid less than a third of that...had no idea. Few others continued Telling lies about EV's, having never driven one, while not listening to the guy(and a couple others) who drive one daily.

Another: "the oil companies know theres 500 years of oil beneath us right now they'll keep it flowing, what's the point of changing if we have plenty?" That was the smallest minded thing Ive read about the subject thus far.

Anti-EV peeps, you guys just need to relax. We can embrace the new while cherishing a legacy. It can be done. A new thing existing doesn't threaten the meaning of your thing.

This is my issue with the whole EV push.

For some people, an EV works better for them. That's great for them, and I wish them nothing but happy miles from their EVs. But for others, an EV doesn't do it for them, either from charge time, cost, the way they look, them being quiet... Doesn't really matter. That's all fine too, it doesn't make sense to buy something that doesn't work for you.

My issue is this expectation from the EV crowd and the market that people will just assimilate or be destroyed. EV fanatics will jump on you claiming how you need to adjust your expectations if the limitations of an EV don't work for you. The auto makers ll keep talking about how they're going to phase out non EV vehicles. That leaves a lot of people out keeping their old gasses alive.

What happens if the market for EVs ends up being not much larger than it is now and all the automakers poured billions into it and fight to take a slice of a niche market? These companies have all bet their existences on what some cooked up wall Street analysts think is the future, not what the actual market for vehicles is.

I do think electric motors will play a larger and larger role in the auto industry. Something like a plug in hybrid would likely work for most drivers, and give you the benefit of th electric motors and the benefits of the existing ICE infrastructure without the need for gigantic battery packs. But as is customary with things nowadays, people insist on an all or nothing approach, nobody can see how a compromise works better for everyone. They either want to ban ICE outright because they think all that power for their EVs will come from clean renewable power and ignore that the world's factories run on coal, or they think that electric motors are just for little sissy boys that probably have a collection of vape pens.

At the end of the day, compromise is what makes the world work, not insisting that only one type of vehicle be sold, and not ignoring the purchasing desires of a large portion of buyers. But sadly, the automakers seem to have forgotten that as much as politicians have. Politicians can print more money when they eff up. Automakers go out of business. The CEOs of the automakers should all be up all night worrying about what if they put all their eggs in the EV basket and get caught without a space in the EV market,, however large it grows to.

Not towing related, but heading out on my oldie 75D Model S from ATL to Disney World in a couple of days. Map says 2 stops!

We will be there Thursday/Friday. Better get there early for a charging spot!

It's been absolutely wild there the past few weeks. So much for the slow season, we didn't even get to finish our festival of the arts crawl it was so packed.

It's been absolutely wild there the past few weeks. So much for the slow season, we didn't even get to finish our festival of the arts crawl it was so packed.

I don't want to go but its a compromise for a friends birthday. I refused to pay and go to Epcot on Saturday.

I don't want to go but its a compromise for a friends birthday. I refused to pay and go to Epcot on Saturday.

Epcot is the best one!

I should mention we are like an hour away, and go to the parks like 3 or 4x a month because it's an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend. Our expectations and what we're willing to put up with is very different from most people lol.

Epcot is the best one!

I should mention we are like an hour away, and go to the parks like 3 or 4x a month because it's an easy and fun thing to do on the weekend. Our expectations and what we're willing to put up with is very different from most people lol.

we are in Tampa so not far. I can go once and be good until new rides come out.

we are in Tampa so not far. I can go once and be good until new rides come out.

That's why our favorites are Epcot and animal kingdom. Animal kingdom is like a roided up zoo, that also has great food and some other stuff, and Epcot has a bunch of food and drink festivals. The rides get boring after a while, you can only ride rise of the resistance so many times before you're pretty over it.

We will be there Thursday/Friday. Better get there early for a charging spot!
We'll be at Epcot Friday and Sunday. Boozing it up and eating. Maybe we'll see each other. I promise not to talk COVID nor politics lol

We'll be at Epcot Friday and Sunday. Boozing it up and eating. Maybe we'll see each other. I promise not to talk COVID nor politics lol

We are doing Hollywood Studios Friday. Rise of the Resistance is the best ride in all of the parks IMO.

This is my issue with the whole EV push.

For some people, an EV works better for them. That's great for them, and I wish them nothing but happy miles from their EVs. But for others, an EV doesn't do it for them, either from charge time, cost, the way they look, them being quiet... Doesn't really matter. That's all fine too, it doesn't make sense to buy something that doesn't work for you.

My issue is this expectation from the EV crowd and the market that people will just assimilate or be destroyed. EV fanatics will jump on you claiming how you need to adjust your expectations if the limitations of an EV don't work for you. The auto makers ll keep talking about how they're going to phase out non EV vehicles. That leaves a lot of people out keeping their old gasses alive.

What happens if the market for EVs ends up being not much larger than it is now and all the automakers poured billions into it and fight to take a slice of a niche market? These companies have all bet their existences on what some cooked up wall Street analysts think is the future, not what the actual market for vehicles is.

I do think electric motors will play a larger and larger role in the auto industry. Something like a plug in hybrid would likely work for most drivers, and give you the benefit of th electric motors and the benefits of the existing ICE infrastructure without the need for gigantic battery packs. But as is customary with things nowadays, people insist on an all or nothing approach, nobody can see how a compromise works better for everyone. They either want to ban ICE outright because they think all that power for their EVs will come from clean renewable power and ignore that the world's factories run on coal, or they think that electric motors are just for little sissy boys that probably have a collection of vape pens.

At the end of the day, compromise is what makes the world work, not insisting that only one type of vehicle be sold, and not ignoring the purchasing desires of a large portion of buyers. But sadly, the automakers seem to have forgotten that as much as politicians have. Politicians can print more money when they eff up. Automakers go out of business. The CEOs of the automakers should all be up all night worrying about what if they put all their eggs in the EV basket and get caught without a space in the EV market,, however large it grows to.

im pickin up what youre putting down.

Rest assured, I wouldn't try to convince someone of something I didn't experience myself. I am a realist, and give it straight, even with negatives, such as no you don't want to tow, and cold weather zaps them. lol And yes, longer trips add time (though this one, Iv'e found to be negated by calmer more enjoyable travel).

the only pushiness is against the insulting retorts I get online (or at car shows) that are completely devoid of facts. Im trying to push people to look past them, Sometimes, maybe I'm triggered by that, and it makes me seem extra preachy to folks like you, who are just being an opposite realist.

So, I will try to not "soapbox" too much in the future, though I am only human.

Note: I actually did this to my brother yesterday and had to apologize. He sent me a video of a social media kid bitching about his tesla because the snow doesn't melt off the hood.. He meant it with humor and I saw red, because of the aforementioned trigger. But seriously, What a stupid thing to complain about....that isn't even an issue. I have to clean snow off my Nissan hood too...

:)

here's the energy production by state. Iowa is 57.5% wind, my power costs .11 per Kw/h so its a worthwhile switch to me. For every day commuting, and family travel, it really cant be beaten. My savings last month were $195 vs the SUV she was driving.. For towing my boat-it doesnt work-yet.

We are doing Hollywood Studios Friday. Rise of the Resistance is the best ride in all of the parks IMO.
No doubt. Love that ride. This is a corny adults only anniversary trip for my wife and I. So we are focusing more on boozing and chilling and less on rides

Back