• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer Placement - Any Issues?

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve got an 08 SX230HO and looking to mount my Garmin on the bottom of the ride plate. It’ll clear the anode screw and fastening bolts. I was planning on fabricating a wedge for it to sit level, but I’m worried if it’ll cause any handling/propulsion issues. Does anybody have any experience/knowledge on the subject that they’d be willing to share? I don’t want to mount it in a traditional fashion hanging from a bracket on the back if I don’t have to.

DB2B10FC-B4D8-4875-AD2B-F5619556BDAF.jpeg

8C288D43-9EC4-4E84-91C7-7C53C335E0A5.jpeg

FFE4006F-C913-4A26-B606-8200C09157AB.jpeg

7CDC8E53-C17D-49B0-9459-F9733727E802.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The issue that you may run into is if you hit something or beach the boat it's going to rip it right off and surely damage the cable. I

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The issue that you may run into is if you hit something or beach the boat it's going to rip it right off and surely damage the cable. I
I gotcha. That’s what I was worried about with hanging it off the back with the bracket. It’s got the hull to quasi-protect it, but at the end of the day it’s only a 2 bolt hinge keeping it in place. Granted of course if it hits something it’ll probably just fold up as opposed to ripping off.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length